3.60 star(s) 21 Votes
Aug 9, 2018
I'm getting a lot of employees too unwell for training yet well enough to turn up to work on this play through. I don't recall it ever happening on previous play throughs.

Is this supposed to happen?

Edit: This is getting ridiculous. I've now got four employees (all singers) telling me they're "not feeling well enough to come in for training" yet keep showing up for work. I'm wondering if something is borked in this playthrough (as it previously was with social media activities), something has changed in the current update or if due to coincidence (my current MC's attributes?) it's a game feature that's never come up in my previous games but is very frequent in this one.

Edit 2: Make that five singers.

Edit 3: Six singers (i.e. all of them). There's definitely something wrong here.
I've been getting that too. 2 out of 3 employees turning up to work but not well enough for training.

Also getting a lot more refusing to even be trained in the first place.

Jul 18, 2023
My two cents worth:- No matter how much you run and workout, your health stat resets every Sunday morning, guessing it's the same for NPC's!

Büchel

Oct 2, 2017
I run in to a bug. if you get "Open Evenings" bevor "Open Sat afternoon" you stuck with Evenings to Late nights.

# 2. Open Sat afternoon
law can_open_after_sa times -80
req can_open_eve_mo_sa
block can_open_after_mo_sa can_open_day_mo_sa can_open_day
open dow=6 ticks=2
end

# 4. Open Evenings (includes 1)
law can_open_evenings times -50
repl can_open_eve_mo_sa
block can_open_nights
open dow=0 dow=1 dow=5 dow=6 ticks=3
end

Reactions: Magister Crudi
May 23, 2023
I've been getting that too. 2 out of 3 employees turning up to work but not well enough for training.
I now think that was being caused by the club being too dirty (Maint) in the mornings.

My game was affected by the bug reported above by Büchel and the club had got quite large without being able to open before evening. As the lone janitor always got it clean by opening time I wasn't too worried about not employing more of them but it seems my trainees were. Adding another janitor fixed the problem.

TotalFluke

Game Developer
Aug 24, 2021
Something very wrong with the loan calculation and how the manual repayments work.

This is the second time I've been able to effectively clear large amounts of debt by paying more than I have available in cash.

I'm trying to get more evidence, but I also suspect that taxes are being calculated based on revenue and not profit.

Makes it extremely difficult to pull yourself out of a downward spiral once the city decides to implement high taxes and you're already in debt.

Case scenario that highlighted it for me was having a flood cause enough damage that it wiped out half of my revenue just before tax day. I paid more tax than the previous month despite the massive discrepancy in final income.
I though I had fixed that issue with paying off the loan with another loan, but apparently not. Will look into it.
Taxes are calculated based on revenues minus some expenses (particularly the cost of buying inventory).
However, the city laws start with Very High Taxes, so passing the High Taxes law actually lowers your taxes.

I'm getting a lot of employees too unwell for training yet well enough to turn up to work on this play through. I don't recall it ever happening on previous play throughs.

Is this supposed to happen?

Edit: This is getting ridiculous. I've now got four employees (all singers) telling me they're "not feeling well enough to come in for training" yet keep showing up for work. I'm wondering if something is borked in this playthrough (as it previously was with social media activities), something has changed in the current update or if due to coincidence (my current MC's attributes?) it's a game feature that's never come up in my previous games but is very frequent in this one.

Edit 2: Make that five singers.

Edit 3: Six singers (i.e. all of them). There's definitely something wrong here.
If your health is over -20, you can come to work. But health below 0 affects your performance at work. So you want them to get healthy (> 0). Characters recover health when resting and for most club employees the morning is the only time they can do that. If they are going to training at that time, they can't rest (or go to the clinic to get treatment) and they would never get healthy. So that's why they won't come for training in that state.

As for why all your employees are getting sick at the same time, I don't know. Never seen that. I haven't implemented any kind of infectuous or transmittable disease (hmmm, should I?) so there's no reason for that. Are they getting in fights/accidents or are they sick? I'd need more info to find out what the common thread is here.

I haven't seen that, but mine keep getting into accidents! Three of them were in car crashes in one week. They must be drinking at the bar before they go home.
Accidents are typically because people are depressed, they get drunk or high and they get in car accidents. So you have a lot of very unhappy employees.

Is it possible to make a cheat or mod like this? For the selected character, all his actions are displayed in the log. That he contacted someone there, or took a photo.
Possible yeah, but not realistic. You would need to modify every possible action and there's hundreds of them. If you are trying to find out what they are doing you can look at the ai_log.txt file which shows most actions NPCs take. But it's not available in-game.

Suggestion: add an optional setting in the config.ini which allows you to adjust the average age of characters that spawn in game (in case you want more f1's and f2's in town, or conversely more milfs and cougars.)
I'll put this on the list, but just like with the gender values, there are a lot of character overrides that this would not apply to. The pool characters created for no particular purpose would be affected but the ones created for something would still be driven by the requirements of their reason to be created.

My two cents worth:- No matter how much you run and workout, your health stat resets every Sunday morning, guessing it's the same for NPC's!
Correct. Health is not affected by running/working out. There's a post in this thread that discusses that so you may want to search for it for full details.

I run in to a bug. if you get "Open Evenings" bevor "Open Sat afternoon" you stuck with Evenings to Late nights.

# 2. Open Sat afternoon
law can_open_after_sa times -80
req can_open_eve_mo_sa
block can_open_after_mo_sa can_open_day_mo_sa can_open_day
open dow=6 ticks=2
end

# 4. Open Evenings (includes 1)
law can_open_evenings times -50
repl can_open_eve_mo_sa
block can_open_nights
open dow=0 dow=1 dow=5 dow=6 ticks=3
end
Oh wow. You are right. That's been broken for a long time. To fix your game and allow it to move forward, change the line (in the #2 section):

req can_open_eve_mon_sa

with

req can_open_evenings

while I come up with a better solution.

Reactions: dot7z and Logan1377

TotalFluke

Game Developer
Aug 24, 2021

Also getting a lot more refusing to even be trained in the first place.
Ok, so they also won't come for training if they are tired but the message is the same so I'm guessing that's the issue, not health. If your club is open late they need the mornings to sleep so that's probably what's happening.

The last updated changed the logic of when an employee accepted training. They pretty much always said yes before, but now the more stubborn (high will) or those that don't like you will be more likely to not want to. Get the to like Follow Orders to make them more likely to comply (with this and everything else you want them to do).

AbsoluteNutter

Sep 12, 2022
I'm having issues with the laws as well, I think I ran into the same issue that Buchel did, and I've applied the fix, but I've also run into an issue where I can't seem to progress past the Singers Allowed law, and thus can't hire dancers or change the decency laws. When I talk to the receptionist at city hall about which laws can be voted on, no more laws show up, despite the fact that I know the decency, entertainer, and a number of the opening hour laws haven't passed. Also, I've looked at my save file to see which laws had passed, and it looks like the No Tax law has applied, again despite the fact that I've only passed the Very Low Tax law. I'm attaching my save in case there is anything useful that might be gleamed as to what's going on, but is there a console command to just force a commission vote?

May 23, 2023
Oh wow. You are right. That's been broken for a long time. To fix your game and allow it to move forward, change the line (in the #2 section):

req can_open_eve_mon_sa

with

req can_open_evenings
It won't work if you've progressed to can_open_nights or beyond.

I prefer

#req can_open_eve_mo_sa

I don't think being able to open on Sat afternoons before you can open evenings is a game breaker, but the alternatives can be.

Probably worth noting that I'd never seen the bug before 1.0 but have now had three consecutive partial play throughs since the update where it's occurred every time. I suspect something about the changes made to commissioner affinities for certain laws has made the early sequence of laws passed more variable and allowed the long-standing logic error to manifest as a bug, though I can see no difference in affinities between the daytime and nighttime laws.

Ok, so they also won't come for training if they are tired but the message is the same so I'm guessing that's the issue, not health. If your club is open late they need the mornings to sleep so that's probably what's happening.
I don't think so.

I've never had the problem before 1.0 but I've also never put off hiring multiple janitors for so long before I was blocked from opening afternoons. When I had the MC pitch in with maintenance during the day it stopped. When I stopped doing that it came back. When I hired more janitors it disappeared.

Is some sort of health penalty being applied as soon as employees arrive at a dirty club and before their fitness for training is assessed?

Last edited:
May 23, 2023
Maybe its just a coincidence and less obvious variables were at play but I recently bumped meal prices from $13 to $16 and alcohol sales went to zero. Meal sales were unaffected.

The annoying thing about this is you can't find a happy medium where you can set prices in a way that will push down demand to meet your capacity as your club becomes more popular but staff numbers and facilities lag. It's zero or hero with nothing in between.

TBH I think that despite fixing the earlier drink price exploit 1.0 is a much less enjoyable and satisfying game to play. Game results are harder to connect with choices and actions and seem more influenced by obscure variables and dumb luck. When you can connect outcomes to actions they can seem wildly disproportionate, such as a $1 increase in drink prices instantly dropping sales from 245/day to 0/day. It now feels more like I'm fighting against the game than playing it.

I think I'll take a break for a while to see if my enthusiasm returns.

Last edited:
Reactions: sauerkraut-soybeans

TotalFluke

Game Developer
Aug 24, 2021
I'm having issues with the laws as well, I think I ran into the same issue that Buchel did, and I've applied the fix, but I've also run into an issue where I can't seem to progress past the Singers Allowed law, and thus can't hire dancers or change the decency laws. When I talk to the receptionist at city hall about which laws can be voted on, no more laws show up, despite the fact that I know the decency, entertainer, and a number of the opening hour laws haven't passed. Also, I've looked at my save file to see which laws had passed, and it looks like the No Tax law has applied, again despite the fact that I've only passed the Very Low Tax law. I'm attaching my save in case there is anything useful that might be gleamed as to what's going on, but is there a console command to just force a commission vote?
Yeah, this is the same issue. The No Tax is established, so maybe you missed it when it was announced. Anyway, put the attached file law_types.txt in the data folder of the game directory. It should replace the one that's there (make sure it replaces and keeps the same name, not do the windows nonsense that copies with a different name!).

Without that file the open afternoons laws won't show as options and those are required for the dancers allowed law.

I've never had the problem before 1.0 but I've also never put off hiring multiple janitors for so long before I was blocked from opening afternoons. When I had the MC pitch in with maintenance during the day it stopped. When I stopped doing that it came back. When I hired more janitors it disappeared.

Is some sort of health penalty being applied as soon as employees arrive at a dirty club and before their fitness for training is assessed?
There's no penalty to health whatsoever for being in a dirty club. It's a cool idea but it's not implemented.

Maybe its just a coincidence and less obvious variables were at play but I recently bumped meal prices from $13 to $16 and alcohol sales went to zero. Meal sales were unaffected.

The annoying thing about this is you can't find a happy medium where you can set prices in a way that will push down demand to meet your capacity as your club becomes more popular but staff numbers and facilities lag. It's zero or hero with nothing in between.

TBH I think that despite fixing the earlier drink price exploit 1.0 is a much less enjoyable and satisfying game to play. Game results are harder to connect with choices and actions and seem more influenced by obscure variables and dumb luck. When you can connect outcomes to actions they can seem wildly disproportionate, such as a $1 increase in drink prices instantly dropping sales from 245/day to 0/day. It now feels more like I'm fighting against the game than playing it.

I think I'll take a break for a while to see if my enthusiasm returns.
There's some issues with changing prices to extreme values and so forth but raising meal prices $3 should not kill your drinks sales. I just tried it and it didn't happen. If you raise food prices, it means that people that want to eat may spend less in other things but not to effect you are seeing. I don't know why it's doing that.

Dec 31, 2018
Is there any way to increase the total employees you can have through save file or console or the config file? I've reached a cap of 55 and I have a few open positions I'd like to fill out. I'm not worried about gameplay challenge being broken, and I dont plan on hiring more than I have positions for (of which I'm sure would break the game).

Jackell100

Dec 9, 2017
I haven't played in a few months, and was wondering if there was a way to change what image person has? For example, my brother is not a great model, so I went back and reloaded before he was added to my contacts, and it's still the same person. Same thing with the barista, he's not great, so I reloaded before I ever went to the coffee shop, but same model. I remember you used to be able to reload those saves and get a different model, but it seems to have changed, so I was just wondering if there was a way to edit the save to change them? I tried to edit headshot in the save file but that broke my save, even when I undid my changes.

Reactions: Logan1377
May 23, 2023
There's some issues with changing prices to extreme values
I wouldn't call $15 meal and drink prices 'extreme values' but I'm consistently getting a complete collapse of drink sales in response to minor increases around that price. That's been happening in all my 1.0 play throughs. It's similar to what was happening in the $90-100 price range in earlier versions which I would call extreme.

If you raise food prices, it means that people that want to eat may spend less in other things but not to effect you are seeing.
I've tried to reproduce the effect whereby raising meal prices collapses drink sales and haven't seen it again so presumably there was another variable impacting it the first time, though I have no idea what it may have been. None of the charts showed any sudden changes that might explain it, though if it was due to a relatively subtle change in something like satisfaction it may not have shown up against the usual background 'noise' shown on the charts. I'd already inched alcohol prices up to the point just before sales collapse so presumably it wouldn't take much change in other variables to tip sales over the cliff again.

As I've said, a big issue for me is the almost indiscernible sales response to increased prices until you hit an apparently arbitrary threshold, followed by an immediate complete collapse. In earlier versions that threshold was in the $90-100 range. Now it's in the $10-20 range. I don't consider it much of an improvement.

There's no penalty to health whatsoever for being in a dirty club. It's a cool idea but it's not implemented.
I now think the response to additional maintenance I was getting was coincidental. Since then the problem of employees often being too unwell to train has returned. That's another one of the 'dumb luck' elements of 1.0 I find unsatisfying. You can consistently waste half of your training opportunities on employees who don't show up and there's no obvious reason it's happening nor a clear way to predict or address it.

If it's happening because they're still too tired from working the late shift - something that didn't happen in my games prior to 1.0 - it should be possible to either give trainees that shift off or schedule training for later in the day; perhaps during working hours.

Last edited:
May 23, 2023
Is there any way to increase the total employees you can have through save file or console or the config file?
Save and exit.
Put the attached file in the 'data' folder.
Restart, reload and build 1 or 2 more locker rooms.

From other comments I've seen some people are getting performance issues with over 55 employees so you might want to keep a separate save in case you want to continue the game with the 55 limit in place. You won't have to restore the old room_types file, just don't build the extra locker rooms.

Reactions: LongDongSliders69

Logan1377

Feb 13, 2023
I haven't played in a few months, and was wondering if there was a way to change what image person has? For example, my brother is not a great model, so I went back and reloaded before he was added to my contacts, and it's still the same person. Same thing with the barista, he's not great, so I reloaded before I ever went to the coffee shop, but same model. I remember you used to be able to reload those saves and get a different model, but it seems to have changed, so I was just wondering if there was a way to edit the save to change them? I tried to edit headshot in the save file but that broke my save, even when I undid my changes.
I haven't figured one out. When I start a new game, I go around town and meet the locals and if I don't like the images, then I restart until I get a set I'm happy with.

One thing I did do was go into the image packs and just delete the character that I don't like, which then gives me a better chance of getting ones I'm the happiest with. The weird thing is that this game shares an interesting quirk with another game that I play from F95, in that the newest characters added (in this case the image pack) are for some reason given priority or preference by the RNG. So I'm getting those ones at a highly disproportionate rate compared to the ones that were there before, every time.

Last edited:

Logan1377

Feb 13, 2023
Actually, after looking over the image packs out of curiosity, I'm actually wrong in what has been happening. I'm not getting an overwhelming amount from the most recent packs, but rather I'm only ever seeing 5-10 girls from each pack, and I think that there are 50 possible in each one. And so there are hundreds of image sets that I'm never or almost never seeing, while a few dozen come back again and again and again.

With the older packs, on older releases of the game I was seeing a higher percentage of them, but now its the same few girls. One in particular #00219 is one of the starting characters virtually every playthrough, regardless of which male image I choose to go with.

Last edited:

stubbruh54

Aug 16, 2019
seems like playing this update, people are less inclined to apply for my positions, which i never had on previous updates. Even if they're unemployed, and if i get them to hate "Not Working", but it'll say they're happy where they're at when i Consider for Job. Curious what all goes into that algo / if anything changed

I'm in big debt this playthrough in comparison to previous ones so that's the only thing i can think of lol, eco balance is very different (good, was too easy previously).

3.60 star(s) 21 Votes