3.60 star(s) 21 Votes
May 23, 2023
I used to think of that area as "extended Russia, so Europe" but it is diverse
as well. The Rus who gave the nation its name are descended from Vikings. And the Golden Horde left their genetic mark there too.

When Georgi Zhukov pinched off the German 6th Army in Stalingrad I'm sure a lot of loyal Nazis were quite upset at being overrun by winterised T-34 tanks with 'Asiatic' (Siberian) crews.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cartageno

omnifill

Jun 3, 2017
One eye opener for me was, when shortly after the fall of the USSR a magazine made a report about the prime ministers (or "beloved presidents for life" or whatever their actual title was) of the 'stans had a meeting about working closely together in the face of similar problems (complete restructure of everything after USSR went down, being landlocked, small population in vast area, partly pretty mountainous, and so forth). And the picture of that meeting showed a "Chinese" guy, a "Persian" guy, a "Nepalese" guy and so forth. I used to think of that area as "extended Russia, so Europe" but it is diverse (no wonder, given its size).
my eye opening was being layed into by one of my tenets about how she was maui not a native American. i didn't know im from Connecticut we don't really have a lot of people from the pacific areas but we do have a strong Indian tribe. she looked kinda similar so i thought she was Native American. That was a mistake i regretted making

May 23, 2023
I can tell my commissioner I don't want to "dicuss" any laws.

Will he take that to mean I don't want to "discus" the laws by tossing them away or I don't want him to "dick us" with the laws?

May 23, 2023
* Increased the impact of higher than average prices in reducing visits and affecting satisfaction.
* At high enough prices, demand for food and drinks will go down to 0.
First up I think the game balance has been vastly improved. I can no longer screw my customers on drink prices then use the profits to pull way ahead of the other clubs in the early game and keep them crippled.

Also the law passing seems much better balanced now, with proposals not leading to an almost automatic majority during voting and commissioner responses to lobbying better matched to their attributes.

But I think simply going from more-or-less normal demand for drinks or meals down to zero when a price threshold has been crossed is still a bit kludgy.

You'd expect there'd be people who go to clubs in part to drink and if they can't afford to buy them they'd go to a club where they can. What I'm seeing when I push drink prices too high is just as many visitors as before but they're not buying drinks. But they still buy the more reasonably priced meals and it seems they even increase their eating to compensate for not drinking as transaction numbers don't fall in line with drink sales.

If it was me I'd be put a relative weighting on the various club products and services in line with what's most likely to attract customers to the club. Then I'd compare the prices for each item with the average for all clubs in town. I'd use the reciprocal of that number to influence how many of each item each customer buys while in the club and the combined reciprocals along with the item weightings to help determine what share of potential customers my club received.

That share might also be modified by proximity if it's not already - i.e. it's easier to attract customers from your own and neighbouring districts than ones on the other side of town. That would also open the door for another club service - a courtesy bus that increases club appeal to patrons living further away.

Just sayin'.

As I said above I think the playability of the game is already much improved in this release and my suggestions are mostly aimed at improving immersion.

May 23, 2023
A slip of the hands?

I wasn't paying enough attention to my mouse pointer when I went to the gym to work out and ended up masturbating instead. The other gym goers got all high and mighty on me, as if gyms aren't venues for masturbation by other means.

Logan1377

Feb 13, 2023
A slip of the hands?

I wasn't paying enough attention to my mouse pointer when I went to the gym to work out and ended up masturbating instead. The other gym goers got all high and mighty on me, as if gyms aren't venues for masturbation by other means.
It's always of course frustrating if your character does something other than what you tell them to. You never want that to happen.

But on a side note, from early on in the game, I always focus on getting the people who work at the gym, coffee shop, diner and restaurant to be as cool with sexual activity as possible, so that if someone comes onto me while I'm there, I can roll with it.

May 23, 2023
But on a side note, from early on in the game, I always focus on getting the people who work at the gym, coffee shop, diner and restaurant to be as cool with sexual activity as possible, so that if someone comes onto me while I'm there, I can roll with it.
I do the same everywhere except the gym. Typically I only go there to work out and that leaves me in no state to take up tempting offers.

In this play through (as in several others) the barista in the coffee shop is my girlfriend and she loves sex in public. I get served a lot of hot coffee in that joint.

Logan1377

Feb 13, 2023
I do the same everywhere except the gym. Typically I only go there to work out and that leaves me in no state to take up tempting offers.

In this play through (as in several others) the barista in the coffee shop is my girlfriend and she loves sex in public. I get served a lot of hot coffee in that joint.
In my last playthrough before the current release, the barista was hot as shit, completely i love with me from the moment she met me, and totally down to fuck in public very quickly, so it was the perfect way to get it on regularly and use the coffee shop as a place to then hook up with other girls too, as I persuaded the barista to be cool with any and all kinds of sex and nudity.

But I find that the gym is the place where I can meet the largest variety of people the most often, and then either see ones I'm after, or have the choice of multiple ones to hit on, ask out, or try to change their opinions from morning to evening. Far more so than the diner or restaurant.

TotalFluke

Game Developer
Aug 24, 2021
First of all I appreciate all the discussion about race and ethnics. I realize that the game approach is very stereotypical and the actual reality is way to complex for me to understand, much less implement in a game. It's sole purpose is to create different looking characters and another reason to create attraction.

Would I be correct in noting an undocumented change is that social media activities no longer expend time?

It's introduced a bug whereby posts aren't cleared and you can keep checking, liking and reposting them over and over. The repostings only seem to impact opinions once per NPC but the 'likes' keep doing it (i.e. introducing an exploit enabling you to repeatedly boost NPC opinions with the same posts).

If you agree please like this comment 50 times. It'll improve my opinion of you.

Edit: Both the social media activities expending no time and the failure to clear posts are happening inconsistently and I'm yet to work out why. I've been wondering if it's anything to do with resetting photo_album_size and social_media_size to 30, but that's something I've done in all my play throughs without seeing this before. I've just reset them back to 20 and will see if it happens again.

Edit 2: It's still happening, though as I have 50 photos in my album (from when photo_album_size was 30) it's possible that whatever is breaking it is already broken and simply decreasing photo_album_size doesn't fix it. I can't get rid of the photos in my album even by going through them selecting "I want to delete it".

Edit 3: After a few more rounds of social media checking and posting the uncleared posts finally cleared. Since then using social media has always taken a full game turn and the posts have been clearing properly. So I'd tentatively conclude that setting the size parameters to 30 is what triggered it. But I've been doing that almost since I first started playing SCW and I've never seen this bug before, so I'm inclined to think something about the most recent update introduced it.
Thanks for this research. I don't see any reason why the album/social media size would be an issue. Unity/C# does not use fixed-size character string buffers, so in theory you should be able to make the size as large as you want. I haven't tried it though, but will when I get a chance. I'm guessing that there was something got corrupted in the social media info that eventually cleared out that was preventing posts from being deleted. Glad it's fixed now.

I can tell my commissioner I don't want to "dicuss" any laws.

Will he take that to mean I don't want to "discus" the laws by tossing them away or I don't want him to "dick us" with the laws?
That just means you don't want to talk any more and it exits the conversation. It has no effect on the commissioner.

Reactions: josephinewaters

TotalFluke

Game Developer
Aug 24, 2021
First up I think the game balance has been vastly improved. I can no longer screw my customers on drink prices then use the profits to pull way ahead of the other clubs in the early game and keep them crippled.

Also the law passing seems much better balanced now, with proposals not leading to an almost automatic majority during voting and commissioner responses to lobbying better matched to their attributes.

But I think simply going from more-or-less normal demand for drinks or meals down to zero when a price threshold has been crossed is still a bit kludgy.

You'd expect there'd be people who go to clubs in part to drink and if they can't afford to buy them they'd go to a club where they can. What I'm seeing when I push drink prices too high is just as many visitors as before but they're not buying drinks. But they still buy the more reasonably priced meals and it seems they even increase their eating to compensate for not drinking as transaction numbers don't fall in line with drink sales.

If it was me I'd be put a relative weighting on the various club products and services in line with what's most likely to attract customers to the club. Then I'd compare the prices for each item with the average for all clubs in town. I'd use the reciprocal of that number to influence how many of each item each customer buys while in the club and the combined reciprocals along with the item weightings to help determine what share of potential customers my club received.

That share might also be modified by proximity if it's not already - i.e. it's easier to attract customers from your own and neighbouring districts than ones on the other side of town. That would also open the door for another club service - a courtesy bus that increases club appeal to patrons living further away.

Just sayin'.

As I said above I think the playability of the game is already much improved in this release and my suggestions are mostly aimed at improving immersion.
So right after I pushed this update out I found a major bug with lowering the product prices. If you lower them too much, it will have a negative impact on satisfaction which will lower fame and reduce visits. It's actually pretty bad. I need to do a full update to fix it (can't do a patch because it's in the Unity code) and I had already started a major change (to support more than 12 images for each character). So I need to finish that before I can put out an update. So sorry about that. Just make the prices higher (keep it to within 10% of the default and it should be ok). Raising the prices is fine, that will negatively impact your satisfaction too, but that's on purpose.

Now, the suggestions you make are all in the game. People go to clubs based on proximity, offerings, fame and costs. The richer they are the less they care about costs. Once inside the club, they have a budget which they spend based on the things they care about. Some go to drink so they may spend it on drinks, other on food, etc. If they drinks are too expensive, they will buy less drinks or they will have less money for other activities they prioritize less. There are two main issues. One you identified, and that's the people don't look at the costs of what they care about, but rather an overall cost. So if you set your drinks too high and everything else low, the cost to go to your club will appear average, but those that go to drink will be screwed. Adding the logic to make the demand that granular would be a mess and the whole system is already way too complicated. So yeah I may be possible to game the system by creating these extreme pricing schemes. The second issue is that the customer base is slow to react. If I make it more reactive, it may lead to too much of a yo-yo effect and fine tuning that so that it makes sense it's going to be hard and time consuming. So I rather keep it as is, with some inertia as people are likely to keep going to a place they are familiar with for a while even as the place raises their prices.

Aug 9, 2018
Something very wrong with the loan calculation and how the manual repayments work.

This is the second time I've been able to effectively clear large amounts of debt by paying more than I have available in cash.

1724632794930.png

1724632826064.png

1724632850084.png

1724632888744.png

I'm trying to get more evidence, but I also suspect that taxes are being calculated based on revenue and not profit.

Makes it extremely difficult to pull yourself out of a downward spiral once the city decides to implement high taxes and you're already in debt.

Case scenario that highlighted it for me was having a flood cause enough damage that it wiped out half of my revenue just before tax day. I paid more tax than the previous month despite the massive discrepancy in final income.

May 23, 2023
Now, the suggestions you make are all in the game. People go to clubs based on proximity, offerings, fame and costs.
That's roughly what I originally thought, but in my current playthrough I bumped drink prices to $16 and started noticing a big drop in revenue with more or less the same number of visitors and transactions. The transaction log showed zero drink sales but a big jump in meal sales - enough to keep transaction numbers stable. I'd set meals to $5 from opening the kitchen and left them there so that meant a big drop in revenue.

It seems incongruous that just as many customers visit even when they're not buying drinks at the prices I charge. It also seems odd that sales fall off a cliff at a threshold price rather than declining in proportion to their relative expensiveness.

Last edited:
May 23, 2023
I'm getting a lot of employees too unwell for training yet well enough to turn up to work on this play through. I don't recall it ever happening on previous play throughs.

Is this supposed to happen?

Edit: This is getting ridiculous. I've now got four employees (all singers) telling me they're "not feeling well enough to come in for training" yet keep showing up for work. I'm wondering if something is borked in this playthrough (as it previously was with social media activities), something has changed in the current update or if due to coincidence (my current MC's attributes?) it's a game feature that's never come up in my previous games but is very frequent in this one.

Edit 2: Make that five singers.

Edit 3: Six singers (i.e. all of them). There's definitely something wrong here.

Last edited:

Logan1377

Feb 13, 2023
I'm getting a lot of employees too unwell for training yet well enough to turn up to work on this play through. I don't recall it ever happening on previous play throughs.

Is this supposed to happen?
I haven't seen that, but mine keep getting into accidents! Three of them were in car crashes in one week. They must be drinking at the bar before they go home.

ku4kox

Mar 24, 2019
Is it possible to make a cheat or mod like this? For the selected character, all his actions are displayed in the log. That he contacted someone there, or took a photo.

fregreger

Apr 28, 2018
Suggestion: add an optional setting in the config.ini which allows you to adjust the average age of characters that spawn in game (in case you want more f1's and f2's in town, or conversely more milfs and cougars.)

Reactions: sauerkraut-soybeans

grahegri

drunk off sake
Donor
Feb 23, 2023
StripClubWars-1.0
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with F95Zone and the game developer.
Please note that we do not provide support for games.
For torrent-related issues use here, or join us on !
, . Downloading issues? Look here.​

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: josephinewaters
May 23, 2023
I don't know what triggers it but I have seen it on earlier versions as well.
The only thing I can see that might explain it in this play through is that I've still only got one janitor whereas by this stage I've usually got at least two. First thing in the morning (i.e. training time) the club sometimes has 400+ 'Maint' but it's always cleared by the time it opens in the evening.

3.60 star(s) 21 Votes