4.70 star(s) 30 Votes

TheUberstuff

Jul 28, 2020
The names get shuffled every time. There isnt a way to make a list. A maple wand might heal one run but increase strength on the next
oh wow, thanks I hadn't realized that. Its kind of dumb though, I mean I get the randomness of getting the items but the items themselves should always do the same thing.

D4n0w4r

May 21, 2020
oh wow, thanks I hadn't realized that. Its kind of dumb though, I mean I get the randomness of getting the items but the items themselves should always do the same thing.
Brother, this is about as old-school as you can get. The original Rogue worked the exact same way when it came to randomized scrolls and whatnot.

TheUberstuff

Jul 28, 2020
Brother, this is about as old-school as you can get. The original Rogue worked the exact same way when it came to randomized scrolls and whatnot.
I am not against the old-school nature, I played 2nd edition D&D and prefer it to the new crap but items with a name should always do the same shit.

Laughingfox

Apr 2, 2017
Ish. It's not 2nd Ed. The effects and names being randomized is part and parcel of the game being a rougelike at its core. Them being randomed means you won't know what this or that does until using a identify, or risking it for the biscuit.

And even in the tabletop items often required identify, or similar looking things could often bamboozle a player.

But who knows, maybe the dev could add items being persistent as a option down the road. The more folks that are enjoying the game, the more will spread word that it's pretty darned fun, worth playing, supporting, etc.

S_K

Jul 26, 2017
I am not against the old-school nature, I played 2nd edition D&D and prefer it to the new crap but items with a name should always do the same shit.
You can always just save, use an item on an empty square/yourself to see what it does, then load the game.
Only thing that might not work is wands, and that just means its a buff wand that you need to use on a mirror.

mr.thibbit

Nov 20, 2018
Do you get any kind of error message? You running Windows 10 or 11? Have you updated your Graphics driver recently?
Everything is up to date, running win11, no error messages, just frozen and it needs to force close

I've got an AMD 7 7700x with 32gb ram and a RX6600 GPU. It's a more than capable machine for playing something like this.

Karnewarrior

Oct 28, 2017
You can always just save, use an item on an empty square/yourself to see what it does, then load the game.
Only thing that might not work is wands, and that just means its a buff wand that you need to use on a mirror.
You can save/load this game?

TheUberstuff

Jul 28, 2020
Everything is up to date, running win11, no error messages, just frozen and it needs to force close

I've got an AMD 7 7700x with 32gb ram and a RX6600 GPU. It's a more than capable machine for playing something like this.
You running any other programs in the background? I run Windows 10 because F Windows 11 but I wouldn't think that would be an issue...

TheUberstuff

Jul 28, 2020
Yeah thats what I have been doing. Thanks for the suggestion though.

Axis3123

Apr 1, 2020
...I totally missed that you can save now. Wild.

Previews look awesome. Saints Row floppy dildo bat weapon when?
...shit, that's perfect! If they have an idea for a Bimbo getup, this should do wonders. Or screw it, have a regular enemy use it and get a special cutscene with it being used, I dunno.

Laughingfox

Apr 2, 2017
Bimbo succubus wielding a 'Succubat' (our friendly floppy dildo bludgeoning device), perhaps? Too on the nose?

Purge the artifacts evil with a holy fountain to receive Excalibat (a fancy, 'blessed' version of the same, ribbed for your adventuring pleasure).

Sidmanc

Jul 8, 2024
Does she ever level up? If not, how are we supposed to wear items with high requirement, and what's the point of seeking to kill every monster on level before moving forward, only to collect possible drops?

4.70 star(s) 30 Votes