4.20 star(s) 41 Votes

bobbot

May 10, 2018
This game would be ONE BILLION times better If pregnancy was a mechanic instead of game over. And also if the Spirt possessing you also worked with the rest of the enemies on the level.
i can agree there, if the status alterations/transformations were more in depth it would just be so good.

the ghost i wish woulda stick around a bit and wear off over time or on hit all the while the players moveset is reduced to lewd-ish moves with no combos like the heavy attack being them hitting the foe with their butt and the jump attack being a hip drop with the movement being reduced to a walk. could go on a bit but this would turn into a novel.

papel

Game Developer
Sep 2, 2018
Ah, nothing like trying a game for the first time 5 years after its initial release, only to find out there's still content that hasn't been finished!

To be fair, the animations all look great, much better than what's on the first post, though the lack of a working gallery is really weird. You'd expect that to be one of the first things the dev would try to get working after a year at most. If it wasn't for the previous several pages here, I would only guess that the dev might have some trouble establishing priorities, but as it is recurrent, I'm not gonna hold my breath, I'll just hope they get to finish the existing content first before adding more unfinished stuff.

The available controls are... Something... Normal attack, "kick" (heavy attack), "taunt" (recharge stamina, power bar), dash, special weapon, "use item 2" (i've yet to find any item 2), "interact extra" (never saw this being used), reduce and increase health buttons.
You know, for a cheat mode, I think it's easier to just create a "infinite health" toggle and add a bit of code that always sets current health = max health, but that's me.

Also, I wish someone would update the first post to add the diaper tag. Jesus is weeping, and so is my sanity

Oct 10, 2018
To be fair, the animations all look great, much better than what's on the first post, though the lack of a working gallery is really weird. You'd expect that to be one of the first things the dev would try to get working after a year at most.
It's like I said here
I'm just guessing here but I can guarantee that this is the one thing that anyone and everyone will get this for outright. No one would play the rest of the game if this were in.
If he'd work on an unlocking system already (kill x amount of this enemy to unlock anim), that would've been done by now. That's one of the easiest unlock approaches for it too. I'd also hope he'd separate them by categories (tagging system anyone?) but that's asking for too much since even making a news post/progress report every two months is hard enough.:rolleyes:

Reactions: papel

Untamed

Mar 8, 2018
Would be nice to be able to move while possessed by the ghost too instead of just standing there like a durrbrain.

Reactions: Axis3123

camper674

Jan 30, 2018
Would be nice to be able to move while possessed by the ghost too instead of just standing there like a durrbrain.
to be fair, moving where you want while possesed diminishes the idea of possesion actually being anything except skin-change. however random movement might be a good idea, or reversed controls (as has been done in many games before)
However, if this is implemeted, you can bet your bottom dollar that this will be the only new thing in following version, cue in 7 months of waiting for more.

Huntchez

May 9, 2018
Very often do I see sidescrollers end a defeat by just looping the same animation, sometimes with extra cum in the mix, but rarely do I encounter ones where either the animation changes entirely upon defeat, or has a ongoing sequence that gets worse and worse for the MC. Though I have some flak for the game (mainly update 'schedule') I will say they hit the nail on the defeat aspect.

Ugahitta

Apr 29, 2021
i notice that a lot of people talks positive about the after defeat animation, so you guys think that is a must in a hentai platform game like this ?

(i am asking because i am slowly cooking a game too xD )

• Red Heart
Reactions: drtk and mr.thibbit
Oct 10, 2018
i notice that a lot of people talks positive about the after defeat animation, so you guys think that is a must in a hentai platform game like this ?

If you're going to do it, you need the ability to quickly load the game again once you're "finished" with viewing the scene at any point.
Also if you're going to do a gallery, at least have it where it's unlockable once viewed, beaten stage, or the unlock requirement mentioned in gallery.

Axis3123

Apr 1, 2020

In my two cents, it is not a must, but it goes a looooong way of giving the player more than just a simple loop. An actual story happening, characters interacting with each other, smexy times, etc. Also goes to show how much the dev cares for their craft/fetish/characters/whatever by having that extra that isn't asked of the player to do, unlike meeting specific criteria or grinding for content. It is highly praised because it goes above and beyond for the average side-scrolling lewd game. For example, most go the route of showing a full image of the defeat scene, while others loop the same animation, only with cum in some scenarios. Both are fine, but there's a clear difference, you catch?

Reactions: Ugahitta

ZeroT2

Oct 2, 2018

Also never try to make more of a zone at the time, look a this games 5 zones and none of them are finished after years, also try to have many checkpoints mainly in points were you gonna put new enemies, and maybe fast travel.

ViviX12

Engaged Member
Jan 5, 2019

To offset current opinions, I'll mention that from a gameplay standpoint it's a terrible mechanic, so are grabs. For a h-game, the goal and reward is the sex, and with defeat-h and grabs, the reward is given for being defeated and playing badly, and is withheld for playing well while playing well is also required for progressing. Purposefully dying to check out new animations extends the game time artificially.
The question to keep in mind is, how many of the scenes will be seen when playing optimally? If the answer is low, from the gameplay standpoint it's not good.
I am aware that it may be hard to get a similar type of noncon in a different way, so there are ways to make grabs not completely terrible gameplaywise, like not making seeing a whole scene require a death and restart. And the fact that the mechanic is so common in no way says it's any good. Plague on the genre and h games in general, honestly.

Ugahitta

Apr 29, 2021
thank you for all these replies, I will note it. The game will be H-platform, with mostly futaxgirl, i plan to finish the first demo around mid november, i won’t spoil anymore to not lose the topic of Happy Heart Panic, have a great day ^^

papel

Game Developer
Sep 2, 2018

I personally hate that shit because it's a terrible mechanic. You're literally asking the player to lose in order to be "rewarded", or put another way, you're PUNISHING the player with sex. What the fuck??? "Help me, Mario! I'll give you a kiss if you rescue me, but if you die, Bowser will ravage my peachy ass lol!" - HHPanic lacks a working gallery, which is the only thing that makes this mechanic slightly tolerable. Emphasis on slightly, because when you make sex a punishment, any player that wants to WIN the game will avoid it and the "sex reward" is watching the credits. In game terms, it adds nothing.

I got so fed up with that that my game is literally the opposite, you beat the enemies and then rape them. If you're damaged, raping them recovers health. You win the stage and receive sex. That's it.

• Angry
Reactions: dggdgdfg

Ugahitta

Apr 29, 2021
I personally hate that shit because it's a terrible mechanic. You're literally asking the player to lose in order to be "rewarded", or put another way, you're PUNISHING the player with sex. What the fuck??? "Help me, Mario! I'll give you a kiss if you rescue me, but if you die, Bowser will ravage my peachy ass lol!" - HHPanic lacks a working gallery, which is the only thing that makes this mechanic slightly tolerable. Emphasis on slightly, because when you make sex a punishment, any player that wants to WIN the game will avoid it and the "sex reward" is watching the credits. In game terms, it adds nothing.

I got so fed up with that that my game is literally the opposite, you beat the enemies and then rape them. If you're damaged, raping them recovers health. You win the stage and receive sex. That's it.
well why not both sides xD ? like a sexfight UwU

Huntchez

May 9, 2018

I mean, that's literally the point. The characters are getting raped, and reward of that is a game over and seeing the aftermath of the rape. The player may be 'rewarded' by it, but ultimately you're watching a character suffer or forcibly enjoying the aftermath. There are plenty of games out there that either let you play the rapist or offer consensual sex.

ViviX12

Engaged Member
Jan 5, 2019
I mean, that's literally the point. The characters are getting raped, and reward of that is a game over and seeing the aftermath of the rape. The player may be 'rewarded' by it, but ultimately you're watching a character suffer or forcibly enjoying the aftermath. There are plenty of games out there that either let you play the rapist or offer consensual sex.
The contextual theming doesn't change the fact that it's a contradictory gameplay mechanic. If your game incentivises losing and punishes winning, you fucked up game dev bad.

Ugahitta

Apr 29, 2021
weird, that are a lot of debates here but in the end this man is making around 4.7k usd from patreon /SS , i need to understand who and where are these people (not a criticism, just trying to find these people’s niche )

4.20 star(s) 41 Votes