4.60 star(s) 38 Votes

Pr0GamerJohnny

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 7, 2022
I'M WRITING ABOUT THE GAME Sons of Jungle AND ADMINS...

let it be deleted, but whoever sees it, save it immediately!!! the admins here are corrupt! after only a couple of weeks, they accidentally find my review of this game and delete it, saying in a personal message that the review only refers to my emotions and other crap.
They also gave a warning for an incorrect review!!! corrupt admins!!!!
(their letter: Violation of rule #5: Your review shouldn't be solely focused on your feelings about a specific genre or detail of the game. Please understand that the usage of reviews is not just a means to rate a game, it is also, a way for users who have played the game to give an explanation as to why said game is good or bad. ) they came up with some rules, although they themselves cannot distinguish the correctness of what they are doing, and cannot give a correct assessment. as a result, my review was deleted, a good review was returned to this game, and access to a new rating to give - was closed!))) so think about how it all looks!
wrong thread buddy.

• Haha
Reactions: Asedor

Justaphase

May 1, 2024
So when is the expected launch of the next update for this VN??
Feeling a bit lazy are we?

Hey guys, it's time for another dev log.

So I have made some great progress on chapter six and after spending some time with animations over the past few months, I'm happy to report that I've finally got to the point where simple animations are really easy for me to do now and actually take up less space than the transition animations that are in the game now. They don't take much longer to make and of course they look a lot better. I'll slowly retroactively put them into the past chapters as time goes on, but chapter six should have mostly full motion animations throughout. There should be around 20 or so in this chapter, so I really hope you enjoy them.

As for content, I have decided to rearrange the story a bit to accommodate the scenes for chapter six and seven more evenly. For this reason, the Rebecca scenes will appear in chapter seven and not in chapter six. This will allow me to have more scenes with Kathryn this chapter. I felt like there only being two feature scenes with her wouldn't be enough. But for Rebecca fans, she'll have a major scene in chapter seven that I really like and I hope you will too. This is also for time constraint reasons as well. As usual, my ambition has bloated things again slightly. I'm a bit behind schedule so it's likely chapter six might not release until the first week of October. It's too early to know for sure, but I'm trying my best to get it out at the end of September. I'll be on holiday for a week starting Friday and I have planned for this, but I may be cutting it a bit close for a September release.

Scotty Doesn't Know

Formerly 'Monstalova'
Jan 14, 2024
TEB 62.jpg

Bobbyboy Productions
Dev Log

Hey guys, I'm back from holiday so I thought now would be a good time to do a dev log and let you guys know how things are going and what to expect in the near future.

So after a nice rest and break from working on the game, I'm excited to get into it and get this update finished. After playing through what I have so far and thinking about the flow of the game, I realize that I need to add and remove some content or make some changes. I want to make sure I release something that you guys will enjoy so It's looking like development is going to take longer than I had hoped. I like to have a solid hour or more of content for each chapter and I feel like this one is heading towards being a bit shorter despite projecting to have the same-ish number of renders on average. Because of this I'm going to overhaul a couple of scenes to make them longer and more interesting. This is not an attempt to stretch or fill anything out, it's just that I often worry about scenes being too long and potentially boring if there's too much dialog so I think I over compensated and was a bit skimpy on the dialog. I realize now that I don't need to do that for a few scenes. Anyway, bottom line is I still have quite a lot of work to do in order to make this release as good as I want it to be. So, just so I'm not rushing I'm going to say mid October for the first release. I'm sorry for those of you that are disappointed by this news, but I don't want to rush and risk making something that doesn't have as high quality that I'd like. Hopefully you can all appreciate that. Remember you also have the short Halloween special to enjoy on October 31st.

In other news, I have made some recommendations for other creators who's work I enjoy or who have helped me out in some way. Hopefully you can all check them out and maybe subscribe to one of them if you feel so inclined. As a creator here I know how awesome it is to get new subscribers so I really hope they all do well or continue to do well. You can see my growing list of recommendations on the main page under "recommendations".

So while I was away, I took a bit of time to look over my overall storyboard for the game and have updated the forecast for content going forward. The game is now slated to have 13 chapters. This could still change, but I guess I just want to reiterate that this game is a defined piece of work that won't drag on and on for years like a lot of games do, and many of them pull off really well, but I also see many that get stale and just seem like the developer is sacrificing the integrity of the story just to sustain their cash flow. Again, I totally get why they do it, but I am confident that I can create something enjoyable after this game that is fresh and new and in the case of my next game, will have some familiar characters in it as well. You never know how things will be received. I was expecting this game to be mildly successful at best ad it has far surpassed my wildest expectations. My next game could be a flop, but I'm confident that if I put my heart and soul into it like I have this game, that you guys will like it, and if not, just like this game, at least I tried my best.

One other thing I plan to do in the not too distant future is host another Youtube video. This one will be a getting started making a visual novel. Quite a few of you have mentioned your interest in starting your own VN project and I realize that there's not a lot of information for absolute beginners making an adult VN similar in style to mine. I plan on showing how to get everything set up and get things going making your first scenes in Daz Studio as well as getting things started in Renpy. This will be later in the year when I have some time, but I'm excited to do this for those of you that can take advantage of it. I really wish there was something like this geared toward making adult VNs when I was getting started.

Anyway, that's all for now. I'll post some more this week with some renders from some new scenes and maybe one more poll and some concept images.

Dessolos

Devoted Member
Jul 25, 2017
renders are good but its a classic slut wife game lmao
id have to disagree about her being a slut but yeah it is a sharing game. Anyways I disagree about her being a slut because It's all the MC wanting her to do stuff and she really hasn't done much at all without asking which to me is anything but being slutty. In fact she hasn't done much even when she got permission lol. I even have a non sharing path along with a sharing save where I don't let her do anything.

Now I can see 2 scenes that may come across as her being slutty. But the first one was her and the MC were drugged and apparently the drug makes you super horny lol. I do agree the execution of showing they were drugged wasn't done well.

Scene 2 well there is no excuse for that one she was 100% being a slut there if you allow her to go along with it. But since it's a player choice I dont really see it as her being a slut either. Besides it was in the past and so far she hasn't acted anywhere near like she did in that one flashback.

Filipis

Nov 15, 2022
id have to disagree about her being a slut but yeah it is a sharing game. Anyways I disagree about her being a slut because It's all the MC wanting her to do stuff and she really hasn't done much at all without asking which to me is anything but being slutty. In fact she hasn't done much even when she got permission lol. I even have a non sharing path along with a sharing save where I don't let her do anything.

Now I can see 2 scenes that may come across as her being slutty. But the first one was her and the MC were drugged and apparently the drug makes you super horny lol. I do agree the execution of showing they were drugged wasn't done well.

Scene 2 well there is no excuse for that one she was 100% being a slut there if you allow her to go along with it. But since it's a player choice I dont really see it as her being a slut either. Besides it was in the past and so far she hasn't acted anywhere near like she did in that one flashback.
Nah, the second scene definitely "ruined" Kathryn for me, the whole premise of the game started with the fact that the main couple was just an ordinary couple before Luke started getting these fantasies. Now, it looks like Kathryn was always going to play along because she did far "worse" stuff in the past. Some sort of a born-again virgin...

Pr0GamerJohnny

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 7, 2022

Nah, the second scene definitely "ruined" Kathryn for me, the whole premise of the game started with the fact that the main couple was just an ordinary couple before Luke started getting these fantasies. Now, it looks like Kathryn was always going to play along because she did far "worse" stuff in the past. Some sort of a born-again virgin...
Yep, in one universe.

And in another in-game universe, that never happened. They went on a nice date, got propositioned by a sleazy manager, and told him to get lost.

I never cease to be amazed at how people will make questionable choices in a choose-your-own adventure, then decree the characters as flawed. You led the sheep to slaughter! The snuck premise being characters should be evaluated on the totality of their options, for which I could not disagree more strongly. That sounds like a padded room, good choices don't mean in anything in the absence of bad.

Dessolos

Devoted Member
Jul 25, 2017
by your own choice tho cause you can choose to not let her do that, so if it ruins it for you that is on you for going along with that choice. Unless it's something that is is always in the back of your mind even if you dont do it then I can kind of see it.

Last edited:

Filipis

Nov 15, 2022
Yep, in one universe.

And in another in-game universe, that never happened. They went on a nice date, got propositioned by a sleazy manager, and told him to get lost.

I never cease to be amazed at how people will make questionable choices in a choose-your-own adventure, then decree the characters as flawed. You led the sheep to slaughter! The snuck premise being characters should be evaluated on the totality of their options, for which I could not disagree more strongly. That sounds like a padded room, good choices don't mean in anything in the absence of bad.
Just the fact that it can be "canon" already makes it canon. Especially given the fact that the dev himself confirmed plans for a prequel that will explore Kathryn's younger years (before she started dating Luke) - described as "pretty wild".

So no, Kathryn isn't as innocent as the initial premise of the game suggested. Kathryn is a pseudo-born-again-virgin, and that just doesn't mesh well with The East Block. How can you "corrupt" your fiancee if she already probably slept with half the college?

Filipis

Nov 15, 2022
Regardless of all of this...

... 13 chapters? Is that really necessary to tell this story?

I fear the game will either:
  • add too many characters to the story and Kathryn will just become yet another slut wife, or
  • the timeline will slow down (day after day, without any smaller time-skips to denote passage of time and let the corruption take hold) considerably.
I hope I am wrong, but I thought this game was gonna be done relatively soon. Seeing another (at least) year of development before it does means I can't support this on Patreon anymore. I prefer smaller, focused games.

DarkDaemonX

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2020
Just the fact that it can be "canon" already makes it canon. Especially given the fact that the dev himself confirmed plans for a prequel that will explore Kathryn's younger years (before she started dating Luke) - described as "pretty wild".

So no, Kathryn isn't as innocent as the initial premise of the game suggested. Kathryn is a pseudo-born-again-virgin, and that just doesn't mesh well with The East Block. How can you "corrupt" your fiancee if she already probably slept with half the college?
Exactly, which also makes you question why she refused to take her top off or refuse to blow the guy at the cinema if she already did way worse willingly, it makes her present self feel fake, although that might be the reason a small amount of the drug worked so well on her, it makes someone lower their inhibitions and make them horny after all, and if her inhibitions were all an act the drug barely had to do anything.

Reactions: Filipis

Filipis

Nov 15, 2022
Exactly, which also makes you question why she refused to take her top off or refuse to blow the guy at the cinema if she already did way worse willingly, it makes her present self feel fake, although that might be the reason a small amount of the drug worked so well on her, it makes someone lower their inhibitions and make them horny after all, and if her inhibitions were all an act the drug barely had to do anything.
I mean, I get why she might refuse - she is in a commited relationship with Luke, she doesn't want to cheat on him. That is understandable. But the whole arousing element of corruption is gone because the dev decided to make Kathryn a "retired" slut instead.

Instead of Luke starting a metaphorical fire of promiscuity within Kathryn, now it feels more like pouring gasoline onto a low flame. The corruption element has been almost entirely diminished with this newfound knowledge - considerably more after that trailer "flashback" scene.

The East Block is still a great game, but these "design" choices were wholly unnecessary IMHO.

Reactions: Scotty Doesn't Know

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
Maybe the "corruption" is Luke inadvertently setting Kathryn's wild side free? A side she has suppressed for a long time?
Besides I doubt she wast too wild in the past maybe a bj or sex with some other dude at most.

Pr0GamerJohnny

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 7, 2022

Wait, what? I don't take that as fact at all! "Just the fact that it can be "canon" already makes it canon." These games aren't analogous to tv or movies where we talk about being "canon or not canon" because most of those shows occur in a consistent universe.

Compare it to branching video game stories in a different context; in Fallout 3, the lone wanderer (mc) can either be a good guy from the start, helping settlements and people, or he can be known as the evil guy who detonated an a-bomb and killed everyone in Megaton.

By your logic, the mere existence of that option means the mc there is inherently evil, canonically evil, even when a given player's lone wanderer may have never harmed a civilian.

In case my prior post referencing a 'padding room' was too opaque, this is all a big compliment to Bobbyboy. Giving Luke and Kathryn choices that fundamentally shape what kind of character they are, and have historically been... <---- this is exactly what a writer should be doing in an avn.

4.60 star(s) 38 Votes