3.30 star(s) 52 Votes

NeoStarr

Jul 2, 2017
Not really, the discord show that story near the end and coding is done. Art on the other hand has officially been silent. Due to a toxic event that happened between the dev and the community. So now we are no longer allowed to know how far the art progress is.
What were people complaining that their personal favorite character wasn't worked on?

geenius3ab

Sep 2, 2017
What were people complaining that their personal favorite character wasn't worked on?
No, rather that for some reason each individual image seems to take a month to draw for this dev/artist, while the dev is raking it in on subscribestar with monthly charges (at minimum $1,600.00 per month, in half a year, which is how long it generally takes to get an update, it's 9,600 USD per update - platform charges). You could literally learn that art style in less than a month - (it's not a complicated or detailed style) and you could easily create multiple images each day. So here comes the question "why is each update taking half a year or more to release when the content is always minimal, and the art should be the least of the dev's issues"?

I bet, the dev is just milking it at this point. There's nothing that should stop him from hiring another artist - especially if the artist has been proven to be unreliable over multiple years of delays and excuses (finding freelance artists who can mimic that style is easy, he could literally pay them like 20-25 dollars per unique image and they'd be happy). The only thing that would stop him from finding a new artist, is because it's a convenient excuse not to release new content, while everyone is still paying him money.

TL;DR: The Dev is literally milking the community and making up BS excuses while still taking everyone's money - that's why the "community" is unhappy.

Dec 4, 2020
No, rather that for some reason each individual image seems to take a month to draw for this dev/artist, while the dev is raking it in on subscribestar with monthly charges (at minimum $1,600.00 per month, in half a year, which is how long it generally takes to get an update, it's 9,600 USD per update - platform charges). You could literally learn that art style in less than a month - (it's not a complicated or detailed style) and you could easily create multiple images each day. So here comes the question "why is each update taking half a year or more to release when the content is always minimal, and the art should be the least of the dev's issues"?

I bet, the dev is just milking it at this point. There's nothing that should stop him from hiring another artist - especially if the artist has been proven to be unreliable over multiple years of delays and excuses (finding freelance artists who can mimic that style is easy, he could literally pay them like 20-25 dollars per unique image and they'd be happy). The only thing that would stop him from finding a new artist, is because it's a convenient excuse not to release new content, while everyone is still paying him money.

TL;DR: The Dev is literally milking the community and making up BS excuses while still taking everyone's money - that's why the "community" is unhappy.
It has been a very long time since this game has been updated

Dante7743

Jan 27, 2019

Couple this with the fact that the artist uploads new drawings on their own subscribestar quite frequently. If they are able to upload with such consistency on their own platform then why is game development constantly stalled because the art isn't ready yet?

Dec 4, 2020
What happened between the dev and the community?
It was a issue of where the community started to attack other members of the development team (primarily the lead artist (little things about the artist is she (I checked, it's she) does other work outside of this game and I think was working on other projects), and ya the developer has different people doing thing I think they do story while someone else does code and there a main artist). Point is after that it might have started making her a little less motivated to work on this game. Make the dev and her a little mad

Reactions: fffrrygcrfc54@
Sep 1, 2020
$1,600.00 per month, in half a year, which is how long it generally takes to get an update, it's 9,600 USD per update
Last I checked he was making $5,000USD a month ($60,000USD a year) which unless that changed means half a year of updates would actually be $30,000USD... and we already passed the half year mark a bit ago, we're now nearing the 10 month mark... fuck me sideways mate, kids were conceived and born since the last update...

I just want some good femboy content :(

GILGAMEIXO

Nov 29, 2022
Last I checked he was making $5,000USD a month ($60,000USD a year) which unless that changed means half a year of updates would actually be $30,000USD... and we already passed the half year mark a bit ago, we're now nearing the 10 month mark... fuck me sideways mate, kids were conceived and born since the last update...

I just want some good femboy content :(
Fr. I wonder what's going on that guy's head to throw away such a good project. It seems that money gained effortlessly is sweeter than the money gained producing any VALUABLE content.

Feb 20, 2023
Well it looks like Unity is doing away with that cringe fee they did where they charge the dev per install or whatever. This happened right before the 0.3.0 update and I remember the dev complaining about it on twitter. Maybe now that it's gone he will finally work on the game? I doubt it though. Going on year with not so much as a public explanation is insane.

PervyMage32

Jul 29, 2017
Well it looks like Unity is doing away with that cringe fee they did where they charge the dev per install or whatever. This happened right before the 0.3.0 update and I remember the dev complaining about it on twitter. Maybe now that it's gone he will finally work on the game? I doubt it though. Going on year with not so much as a public explanation is insane.
I forgot all about that controversy. I think they did away with that a long time ago, because that announcement basically bankrupted them overnight. When Unity pulled that crap, like everyone jumped ship to Unreal and Godot. Around this time, I was even learning to code for GameMaker, which is really fun to use, as well.

I just started the game tonight, unknowing that it was this old. I got some strong opinions about it (the game is slow as hell), but I was eager to see how things developed with the family, at least. I checked all the websites, and seems the artist is still very active, but on March 10th people were harassing them over the game on Twitter, which they only do the art for. The developer comments on this... and then there doesn't seem to be any further public record of them after this.

Their Patreon seems shutdown, probably because they cracked down on taboo content again earlier this year. It looks like they posted on May 30th on Subscribestar, their posts in general don't suggest much progress, even though their $7.50/month tier sold out, so their clearly still making money on the game. I don't understand how so many developers get away with this crap. It's exactly why I stopped supporting every creator.

PS: Why the hell is the game 10 gigs, when all it contains is like maybe 50 still images?

Saladguy

Aug 24, 2023
Finally, there seems to be a chance that it's coming soon. The Discord shows that he's now just putting in the final touches!

Leithan

Jan 31, 2022
749 subscribers, let's see where it is at in 2 weeks.

Edit: Also the last real update was Nov 2023 so almost a full year of waiting for anyone who paid monthly or cared enough to check frequently for updates.

3.30 star(s) 52 Votes