ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
View attachment 3899420

Dev Diary 79

Hello all, TD here. Dev diary time!

All told, Ch4Up5 sits at 51 animations, 1,595 static images, and 31,371 words.

That totals 250 statics, 10 animations, and 5,820 words added to the project over the last three weeks.

Since our last diary, we have put a bow on Thursday and are currently working on day two of the update; we have been for about a week or so.

There will be a few minor scenes to fill out the day, but the biiiiiig tentpole scenes for day 2 are a player-determinant scene with Kathleen and a mandatory, non-missable scene with the whole kit and kaboodle of girls.

I'm very excited about both of these, but the latter has added appeal for me because it's always fun to get different cast members to play off each other in novel ways. I love writing scenes like Edwin's birthday party, and while this isn't exactly that, it will offer some fun opportunities to see characters interact.

That's all I'm going to say about that, and I'll keep it short.

Thank you all for your support, and please look forward to the next update.
I was away yesterday so I'm getting to these numbers a little late, but they're still worth digging into. By my math, TD's math is slightly off on words: I make only 5710 words since the last update (31371-25661), not 5820. I'm guessing this is due to a discrepancy between the word count when TD wrote his last Dev Diary and the word count by raw days, but who knows for sure. In the end, difference is not that big a deal: using TD's numbers, he and GIL have added roughly 83 statics, 3.3 animations, and 1940 words per week over the last 21 days, whereas using my numbers they've added ~83 statics, 3.3 animations, and 1903 words per week over that time. Either way, their overall average is around 92 statics, 2.9 animations and 1800 words per week since work on Chapter 4 Update 5 began. Here are the charts for week 17:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
There's not a lot to analyze in terms of raw numbers. The animation rate dipped down and static rate tipped up a bit, which makes sense if Rosalind's scene is complete and we're now starting in on the minor scenes for Friday But personally I'm pretty excited to see how all this will play out. Kathleen's scene will presumably depend on whether the MC called her after the second Exhibition; we may get some sort of scene with her either way, but I'm sure it will be more involved if the MC got her goody bag earlier in the week. I've no taste for Kathleen's concept of fun, but she always makes for interesting gameplay options so that should be something to watch out for.

Meanwhile the big scene with the whole cast (possibly excluding Mina, it's a little unclear whether the "kit and kaboodle" refers to the Club, the LIs, or the entire game) sounds awesome. I love seeing the various girls bounce off each other at least as much as TD loves writing them, and depending on just what the situation turns out to be there are a variety of fruitful topics to explore. Definitely sounds like there's a lot to look forward to. That's going to make it hard to be patient - even though that's exactly what we'll need to be! - but I'm liking where things seem to be headed even if it is still closer to the horizon than my feet.

fred9320

Dec 23, 2022
I was away yesterday so I'm getting to these numbers a little late, but they're still worth digging into. By my math, TD's math is slightly off on words: I make only 5710 words since the last update (31371-25661), not 5820. I'm guessing this is due to a discrepancy between the word count when TD wrote his last Dev Diary and the word count by raw days, but who knows for sure. In the end, difference is not that big a deal: using TD's numbers, he and GIL have added roughly 83 statics, 3.3 animations, and 1940 words per week over the last 21 days, whereas using my numbers they've added ~83 statics, 3.3 animations, and 1903 words per week over that time. Either way, their overall average is around 92 statics, 2.9 animations and 1800 words per week since work on Chapter 4 Update 5 began. Here are the charts for week 17:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
There's not a lot to analyze in terms of raw numbers. The animation rate dipped down and static rate tipped up a bit, which makes sense if Rosalind's scene is complete and we're now starting in on the minor scenes for Friday But personally I'm pretty excited to see how all this will play out. Kathleen's scene will presumably depend on whether the MC called her after the second Exhibition; we may get some sort of scene with her either way, but I'm sure it will be more involved if the MC got her goody bag earlier in the week. I've no taste for Kathleen's concept of fun, but she always makes for interesting gameplay options so that should be something to watch out for.

Meanwhile the big scene with the whole cast (possibly excluding Mina, it's a little unclear whether the "kit and kaboodle" refers to the Club, the LIs, or the entire game) sounds awesome. I love seeing the various girls bounce off each other at least as much as TD loves writing them, and depending on just what the situation turns out to be there are a variety of fruitful topics to explore. Definitely sounds like there's a lot to look forward to. That's going to make it hard to be patient - even though that's exactly what we'll need to be! - but I'm liking where things seem to be headed even if it is still closer to the horizon than my feet.
this is the lean management, many grafic of productivity, and low real work lol

RoamingZone

Feb 1, 2020
Yeah if he didn't mean "content with the mother AND the MC", there is solo content with the mother in flashback and there might be more.
I'm always on the look out every update for the flashbacks of Mom's past, they are hot not gonna lie. If the dev wants to continue making content of her be it in the past in form of flashback like how we have been getting them till now or in the present of the game I'm sure very few would be opposed to it. This has been talking a lot recently so i will leave the topic here (came late to the party :p). Thanks for everything Dev, I'm giddy to play next update.

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
I wonder why players who are obsessed with side characters who are neither main characters nor love interests always feel the need to let it be known.

This happens in every game thread.

Nulldev

Nov 28, 2017
I wonder why players who are obsessed with side characters who are neither main characters nor love interests always feel the need to let it be known.

This happens in every game thread.
They (we) are hoping: The squeaky wheel gets the grease

Or as in Hungary we say "Even the mute child's mother can't understand his words"

Reactions: ffive and fred9320

Bill Temple

May 20, 2021
They (we) are hoping: The squeaky wheel gets the grease

Or as in Hungary we say "Even the mute child's mother can't understand his words"
TIL: Hungarian apparently doesn't have sign language, and Hungarian women have poor mothers' intuition. :p
Well, they're hot, so I guess we can cut them some slack on that.

• Haha
Reactions: Nulldev

camube

Jun 4, 2022
less than 4. it's been some time and i think the latest dev log they said they've finished rosalind part of the update or smthn like that

pinuz1

Feb 13, 2021
Really? i think it will take longer.. like 3-4 months what do you think?
It's looking like it will be a mid October - early November for the update. They are already done with the first part of the update which consists of the Rosaling content which will be all of Thursday, and Friday should be a less busy day with some interactions with Kathleen and the rest of the girls, the latest Dev dairy was posted above if you are interested.

Reactions: Biscardone
4.90 star(s) 492 Votes