ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
Might not be everyone's cup of tea, but it's at least interesting. Cold, intelligent people can be kinky too, maybe even more than us normies, because they limit themselves to experiencing thrills in short, intense bursts.
You're presuming that drug-fuelled gang bang was an actual thrill for her, as opposed to something she was simply subjected to as part of her owner's usual showing off and/or drug test.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Bill Temple

Turret

Forum Fanatic
Jun 23, 2017
she herself said that sex for her is like mange as a need. That's why I don't think she's particularly interested.
You have to remember when and who she said that to, Kath, a person Sophia dislikes and loaths. And the occasion was during the watching session in the blue room. In a certain way, if you let the situation go sexual, Sophia and Kath were competing for the MC. While Sophia can be detached, she has more fire in her than she lets on.
Something which is obvious even at this point of the game is that Sophia in many ways is the fitting puzzle piece for a goodish Edwin. They are very alike screenshot0004.png

There are several good reasons why I champion a Sophia romance ark for our MC. They fit better than some of the possible LIs we have. And with their personalities a romance with the MC and Sophia becomng a couple would be a quite tasty different take on romance. So please TD, give us such a path!

Smart girls are not good in bed :Kappa:
Definitely depends! While there are rather detached smart girls, there re also really wild smart girls.
Well you can manage food as a need too. Limiting the sugar, getting 190g of protein everyday, salads with no dressing, then indulging on occasion with a cheat meal. For me, it's crawfish etouffee. For Sophie, maybe her cheat meal is pasta salad
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Might not be everyone's cup of tea, but it's at least interesting. Cold, intelligent people can be kinky too, maybe even more than us normies, because they limit themselves to experiencing thrills in short, intense bursts.
That's my theory anyway.
Your theory has some real merit, I have a similar one on this topic.
You're presuming that drug-fuelled gang bang was an actual thrill for her, as opposed to something she was simply subjected to as part of her owner's usual showing off and/or drug test.
While Sophia is an eccentric, cool, amoral nerd genius, there are several hints thoughout the game that there are limits to her detachment. She also likes, going by the description, kissing and groping with the MC quite much (if you treated her nice before). I think Sophia had thrill and fun with the gangbang. She has her own black ops lab to test the drug, she would not have tested it herself if she were not ok with the gangbang.
You have to remember, while Sophia is the loyal Samurai to her Daimyo van Doren, she is his heir and both play quite a charade with the PC owners.
Abel and Sophia stick out like sore thumbs among the members of the Club for several reasons. Van Doren and Sophia "showing off" like that is to pretend to be like the other members.

pinuz1

Feb 13, 2021
Is this game a little bit close to complete?
The game offers plenty of content already, if that's what you worry about, it also has a really healthy development cycle by getting constant updates and there's no signs of the devs wanting to slow down things to milk it.

But to answer your question, No, the game is still "decently" far away from being finished, like 1/3 left I'd say. Gladly tho. I'll be sad when there's no more PC updates to look forward to :cry:

Reactions: AmaroPargo
Jul 15, 2024
The game offers plenty of content already, if that's what you worry about, it also has a really healthy development cycle by getting constant updates and there's no signs of the devs wanting to slow down things to milk it.

But to answer your question, No, the game is still "decently" far away from being finished, like 1/3 left I'd say. Gladly tho. I'll be sad when there's no more PC updates to look forward to :cry:
Thank you so much for your reply.
Why I asked this question because, I'm half way of the game and I'm really loving it!
I'm really really curious about the endings, I hope there will be harem ending too.

.......well...thanks for the reply. :)

Reactions: AmaroPargo

tmu500

Apr 14, 2024
Why I asked this question because, I'm half way of the game and I'm really loving it!
I'm really really curious about the endings, I hope there will be harem ending too.

likewise, it is very good game. There is no harem tag, hopefully soon. Some of the characters are quite likable.

MagicMan753

Nov 19, 2021

likewise, it is very good game. There is no harem tag, hopefully soon. Some of the characters are quite likable.
There will be no harem for this game, there is a high chance that there will be 1 or 2 throuples, but that is it as far as how many girls you can end up with. It will not be possible to be with all the girls at the end.

songlick

May 19, 2024
There will be no harem for this game, there is a high chance that there will be 1 or 2 throuples, but that is it as far as how many girls you can end up with. It will not be possible to be with all the girls at the end.
Tbh it would feel weird to me as it's (with all weirdness going on) among the more realistic VNs in terms of story and characters; I mean it's not as much totally disconnected fairytale feeling as harem games usually are. I'm sure not everyone likes it but for my fantasy needs it's a sacrifice I'm willing to make :)

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
While Sophia is an eccentric, cool, amoral nerd genius, there are several hints thoughout the game that there are limits to her detachment. She also likes, going by the description, kissing and groping with the MC quite much (if you treated her nice before). I think Sophia had thrill and fun with the gangbang. She has her own black ops lab to test the drug, she would not have tested it herself if she were not ok with the gangbang.
No one is claiming Sophia doesn't experience pleasure from sexual activities, at the end of the day she's got a human body with all that entails. But by her own statement, she treats this sphere as completely perfunctory, something she doesn't pay any real thought.

To think someone who doesn't really enjoy something actually enjoyed it because they went along with it, that's just wishful thinking. It's like concluding someone who doesn't enjoy classical music actually enjoyed a concert they've attended at their partner's insistence, because they were ok with going together rather than object. Following this logic the Carnations also have nothing but thrill and fun with what they're subjected to, because they consent to it.

Abel and Sophia stick out like sore thumbs among the members of the Club for several reasons. Van Doren and Sophia "showing off" like that is to pretend to be like the other members.
Sure, it absolutely isn't because Van Doren is old, narcissistic creep who enjoys showing off his power. Not at all. It's a carefully arranged charade and he actually weeps every time he has to subject his beloved assistant and heir to it, to maintain the illusion.

Something which is obvious even at this point of the game is that Sophia in many ways is the fitting puzzle piece for a goodish Edwin. They are very alike
I'm sorry, but

1721222461238.png

Last edited:

mansy5mans

Nov 27, 2023
Well you can manage food as a need too. Limiting the sugar, getting 190g of protein everyday, salads with no dressing, then indulging on occasion with a cheat meal. For me, it's crawfish etouffee. For Sophie, maybe her cheat meal is pasta salad
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

That's my theory anyway.
is this sophia????
what the fuck

Reactions: deathbyincel

Turret

Forum Fanatic
Jun 23, 2017
No one is claiming Sophia doesn't experience pleasure from sexual activities, at the end of the day she's got a human body with all that entails. But by her own statement, she treats this sphere as completely perfunctory, something she doesn't pay any real thought.
To think someone who doesn't really enjoy something actually enjoyed it because they went along with it, that's just wishful thinking. It's like concluding someone who doesn't enjoy classical music actually enjoyed a concert they've attended at their partner's insistence, because they were ok with going together rather than object. Following this logic the Carnations also have nothing but thrill and fun with what they're subjected to, because they consent to it.
While Sex might not play a big role in Sophia´s life, she is not made from sugar frosting, as you also said. Still you discount that part of her saying this was to rile up Kathleen.
As for the gangbang, we have word of god that she was at least partly into it and what also flies a bit under the radar of the discussion: Abel very rarely orders Sophia to do something and she is at the end of the day his heir. And van Doren does not strike me as a guy giving the future of his medical empire into the hands of a yesman doormat. There is more to it than the obvious.

Sure, it absolutely isn't because Van Doren is old, narcissistic creep who enjoys showing off his power. Not at all. It's a carefully arranged charade and he actually weeps every time he has to subject his beloved assistant and heir to it, to maintain the illusion.
The last sentence was uncalled for, because it is clear you made the argument in bad faith. A part, but just a part, is Abel showing off being one of the big whales in town, yes. But if you read all the stuff about Abel and Sophia more closely, you see clearly that they are NOT there for the reasons the other members are!
Chuck is one of the few who knows that the offical reason the two are in PC is complete bogus! Abel and Sophia have their own black ops labs, testing the new drug at PC (which is a potential danger to being discovered) is completely unnecessary. But Chuck looks at this point only from his own PoV (Abel being another deviant) and I think he underestimates the situation.
We can learn that Abel and Sophia not just dislike the PC leadership, they actually loath them, Chuck the most. The two support Kathleen´s bid for power, but just because it helps to further their own goals, which certainly differ from hers.
I mentioned it before, going by what we can learn throughout the game, Abel and Sophia want either revenge for something that happened in the past or want to screw over Chuck. They might want to take over the club for some currently unknown reasons and it is also possible the two are punchclock villains.

You simply not seeing it does not make it less true! Do not only look at Edwin as your alter ego, think about his possible backgrounds. Then look at what Sophia and the MC talk about and Sophia in general. Edwin also has/had times of serious detachment, he also normally thinks about something, before doing it.
Remember Sophia is creeping out even our residential sadist and schemer Kathleen, no one at the Club beside Abel has something like normal conversations with her until our MC comes around. I posted the screenshot in the earlier post with a reason! Those two can click with each other and that is the reason they find it so easy to talk. And you cannot click with someone you cannot relate to.

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
And van Doren does not strike me as a guy giving the future of his medical empire into the hands of a yesman doormat. There is more to it than the obvious.
Van Doren very much strikes me as the sort of a guy who'd get off on passing a powerful woman like cheap buck. Precisely because she is in such high position and yet she won't say no to him, no matter how outrageous requests he makes of her.

The last sentence was uncalled for, because it is clear you made the argument in bad faith. A part, but just a part, is Abel showing off being one of the big whales in town, yes. But if you read all the stuff about Abel and Sophia more closely, you see clearly that they are NOT there for the reasons the other members are!
That wasn't even bad faith; to put it plain, it was but sarcasm on my part. Yes, it's obvious Abel has joined the club for his own reasons, but it doesn't mean he has to pretend anything in front of people he considers his lesser. If Abel chooses to lord his pet around it is because he enjoys it, not because he's dumb enough to think he'd fool anyone relevant with such an act.

You simply not seeing it does not make it less true! Do not only look at Edwin as your alter ego, think about his possible backgrounds.
I don't look at Edwin as my alter ego. I don't self-insert in games and view the characters as independent actors in the story, with their own personalities. So, when you talk about "goodish Edwin" i take is as Edwin with low "asshole" stat, and i absolutely don't see such Edwin as a fitting puzzle with a ruthless bona fide psychopath that's Sophia.

A full-asshole Edwin who wholeheartedly embraces his dark impulses? He could be a fit in some manner, but i don't think he represents anything intellectually to hold Sophia's interest (neither does, for this matter, any other Edwin)

I posted the screenshot in the earlier post with a reason! Those two can click with each other and that is the reason they find it so easy to talk. And you cannot click with someone you cannot relate to.
I believe you're misinterpreting that scene. You're taking it at face value of "Edwin and Sophia connect easily for real" while i believe that scene is early indicator of Edwin getting influenced by Sophia's drug. That's the whole point of him wondering "why he's found her so easy to talk to".

They don't click because they relate. Edwin just spills his guts out because he's effectively drunk (on pheromones rather than alcohol, but with similar effect) But he's got enough clarity left to find it odd.

Last edited:
Reactions: ename144

Turret

Forum Fanatic
Jun 23, 2017
Van Doren very much strikes me as the sort of a guy who'd get off on passing a powerful woman like cheap buck. Precisely because she is in such high position and yet she won't say no to him, no matter how outrageous requests he makes of her.
He is quite certain also not a man giving the medical empire he brought to prominence to someone not able to continue it! Sophia is his chosen successor and I mentioned it already before, Abel orders Sophia maybe once, if at all that, in the whole game. While showing her off is part of the dynamic or a bonus for Abel it is hardly all there is.

That wasn't even bad faith; to put it plain, it was but sarcasm on my part. Yes, it's obvious Abel has joined the club for his own reasons, but it doesn't mean he has to pretend anything in front of people he considers his lesser. If Abel chooses to lord his pet around it is because he enjoys it, not because he's dumb enough to think he'd fool anyone relevant with such an act.
Accepted, since English is a second language for me, so I might have misinterpreted it here. Still, I disagree with your view here, esp. since the two ARE fooling nearly everyone at the club with their displays. Off the major characters only August is not fooled by their charade, but for him it is a deal struck. Chuck too knows there is more to Abel and Sophia popping up, but he misinterprets it as simple sexual deviancy.

I don't look at Edwin as my alter ego. I don't self-insert in games and view the characters as independent actors in the story, with their own personalities. So, when you talk about "goodish Edwin" i take is as Edwin with low "asshole" stat, and i absolutely don't see such Edwin as a fitting puzzle with a ruthless bona fide psychopath that's Sophia.
A full-asshole Edwin who wholeheartedly embraces his dark impulses? He could be a fit in some manner, but i don't think he represents anything intellectually to hold Sophia's interest (neither does, for this matter, any other Edwin)
And here you IMHO make the mistake to slap some labels on Sophia and improvise from there. Sophia is a "the end justifies the means" person, totally amoral, but not a pschopath. A psychopath lacks most or all Empathy, social responsibility, conscience and is usually a chronic liar as well. Sophia is detached and eccentric, but in several conversations you can see some glimpses that she understands and feels some empathy, something psychopaths cannot.
And no matter if we see Sophia more as a detached eccentric or a psychopath, you overlook something very obvious here. Sophia, no matter her perks and flaws, loaths and dislikes people like Kath or Chuck. An asshole Edwin is certainly not and never will be a fit for Sophia. A goodish Edwin on the other side, knows and feels similar to her (as we can see during several self-monologues), there is a reason they can click together.

I believe you're misinterpreting that scene. You're taking it at face value of "Edwin and Sophia connect easily for real" while i believe that scene is early indicator of Edwin getting influenced by Sophia's drug. That's the whole point of him wondering "why he's found her so easy to talk to".
They don't click because they relate. Edwin just spills his guts out because he's effectively drunk (on pheromones rather than alcohol, but with similar effect) But he's got enough clarity left to find it odd.
I doubt I misinterpret the scene! Edwin KNOWS that he is under the influence of Sophia´s invention, he also fights it and quite admirably going by Sophia´s comment in the blue room. Edwin find it odd that despite(!) all this they click! He is not the only one openly talking, Sophia also says some things we can be sure she never(!) would tell Kath or anybody else in PC.
Even before he get´s under the influence of the drug, Sophia surprises him and us with her try at joking. And later on, if we treated Sophia nicely and chose her in the blue room, she reacts differently during the home invasion. They have connected!
A Sophia without any made connection would never say goodbye and smile at the MC like she does at the end of the home invasion.
screenshot0001.png
That would not even be on the radar for her, as we can see in the end if the MC and Sophia do not click (since this depends on our decisions).

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
He is quite certain also not a man giving the medical empire he brought to prominence to someone not able to continue it! Sophia is his chosen successor and I mentioned it already before, Abel orders Sophia maybe once, if at all that, in the whole game. While showing her off is part of the dynamic or a bonus for Abel it is hardly all there is.
Abel repeatedly makes Chuck offers to fuck Sophia. IIRC, he also makes a suggestion he'd allow Edwin to use her. And then there's obviously him having her serve as target of a gang bang, and i doubt this was a single, isolated case. Merely one that we've gotten to witness.

Sophia being a chosen successor doesn't limit Van Doren and, if anything, it may actually give him extra kick out of the situation, like i've said before.

And here you IMHO make the mistake to slap some labels on Sophia and improvise from there. Sophia is a "the end justifies the means" person, totally amoral, but not a pschopath. A psychopath lacks most or all Empathy, social responsibility, conscience and is usually a chronic liar as well.
This was a mistake on my part, i meant to say sociopath. Sophia evidently has no regard for others -- we are talking of a woman who, if nothing else, casually subjects everyone around her to unregulated, dangerous drug without even telling them, much less obtaining their consent. Simply for her own entertainment and with no regard for their well-being.

A goodish Edwin on the other side, knows and feels similar to her (as we can see during several self-monologues), there is a reason they can click together.
The reason goodish Edwin won't click with Sophia is because they're fundamentally different if not opposites. Goodish Edwin cares about feelings of others, something Sophia pays zero attention to and tramples upon. For goodish Edwin this sort of attitude would be simply abhorrent.

Like i said, i very much think you're mistaken about these two actually "clicking together" and overlook that Edwin in his drugged state is a very unreliable narrator. The idea that "they've formed connection because she smiled and said goodbye after breaking into his house!" is... well, it's second-hand embarrassing to witness to be honest. I can't help but feel you're deluding yourself, but if it makes you happy, well.

Turret

Forum Fanatic
Jun 23, 2017
Sophia being a chosen successor doesn't limit Van Doren and, if anything, it may actually give him extra kick out of the situation, like i've said before.
I think we agree that it gives Abel an extra kick, but I doubt the rest is quite as simple as you make it out to be, since the two have goals who are quite sure ready to turn the club topsyturvy.

This was a mistake on my part, i meant to say sociopath. Sophia evidently has no regard for others -- we are talking of a woman who, if nothing else, casually subjects everyone around her to unregulated, dangerous drug without even telling them, much less obtaining their consent. Simply for her own entertainment and with no regard for their well-being.
Sophia is just concerned about the placebo and double blind effects.;):p:LOL: But seriously, Sophia is definitely amoral, she understands morals, but is indifferent to them. Actually she is not quite as bad as you make her out to be. She uses the perfume version only under special circumstances, like the club (which is also another hint towards her plans), not everyday or everywhere.In addition she tests and uses the drug on herself as well, so while not completely safe, I truly doubt she would use something which seriously risks her own wellbeing.
She is certainly not a white hat at our current knowledge, more grey with some black dots.

The reason goodish Edwin won't click with Sophia is because they're fundamentally different if not opposites. Goodish Edwin cares about feelings of others, something Sophia pays zero attention to and tramples upon. For goodish Edwin this sort of attitude would be simply abhorrent.
Even goodish Edwin can still have similar events/happenstances in his past, depending on what we chose as background. And you are wrong on the trampling on the feelings of others. That is Kath´s hallmark, quite strongly at that!
Sophia is an aloof eccentric, feelings play in the sidetheatre for her. Not once did she show glee at the misfortune of others or so! In fact, during the last conversation with Chuck it becomes clear that even she has limits to her amoral stance on life. It is blatantly obvious how much she loaths Chuck (Kath too, but that we already learned earlier).

Like i said, i very much think you're mistaken about these two actually "clicking together" and overlook that Edwin in his drugged state is a very unreliable narrator. The idea that "they've formed connection because she smiled and said goodbye after breaking into his house!" is... well, it's second-hand embarrassing to witness to be honest. I can't help but feel you're deluding yourself, but if it makes you happy, well.
sorry to tell you, but since you are anti-Sophia from the get go you miss something here.
Sophia is amoral, cold, eccentric, nerdy and a genius. We know her usual behaviour in the club (not elsewhere), which is aloof, few talk with her and her eccentrism makes it hard for anyone to get a conversation going that is not shop talk (which by the way our MC was able to, their talk together is rather open on both sides). When we now meet her we have two options, treat her nice and choose her later in the blue room or keep our distance.
Since I am sure you kept distance going by your arguments, you never got the text variations, Sophia not laughing with your joke and she walked out without a word after the home invasion.
If you treated her nice, chose her in the blue room, there are subtle text variations, she laughs with you at a joke and she smiles at you and says goodbye when leaving, which is why I posted a screenshot of this. For someone as detached as Sophia normally is, this behaviour is a major difference. Because these two nerds clicked together due to our choices. You make the mistake of starting from normal behaviour, not the detachment Sophia usually displays.
Doing what she did there might be nothing big for a normal person, but for a detached eccentric as Sophia is, her behaviour change is quite large! That is the reason you can rightly say, the MC and Sophia clicked that day, if you chose so.

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
Actually she is not quite as bad as you make her out to be. She uses the perfume version only under special circumstances, like the club (which is also another hint towards her plans), not everyday or everywhere.
I don't recall the game state or show anything to such effect. What makes you think so?

And you are wrong on the trampling on the feelings of others. That is Kath´s hallmark, quite strongly at that!
Sophia is an aloof eccentric, feelings play in the sidetheatre for her. Not once did she show glee at the misfortune of others or so!
We have literally just talked about Sophia routinely drugging people without their consent or even informing them that she's subjecting them to harmful substance. For nothing but fun of "introducing some chaos". When you give zero fucks about people possibly minding that you're harming them (and it's a reasonable presumption they would mind if you told them) and just do it simply because you want to, that's very much a case of trampling feelings of others.

In fact, during the last conversation with Chuck it becomes clear that even she has limits to her amoral stance on life. It is blatantly obvious how much she loaths Chuck (Kath too, but that we already learned earlier).
Like Chuck points out, Sophia criticizing him over that is nothing but hypocrisy on her part. So whether she's got any actual limits, as opposed to just running her mouth out of spite, remains an open question. At the very least these limits are clearly more flexible than you think. Given this, i wouldn't presume her loathing has anything to do with morals.

sorry to tell you, but since you are anti-Sophia from the get go you miss something here.
I'm not anti-Sophia from the get-go. I have negative view of her as a human being based on what we get to see of her in the game. Maybe i'm just not blinded by a mop of blonde hair and a pair of tits?

Since I am sure you kept distance going by your arguments, you never got the text variations, Sophia not laughing with your joke and she walked out without a word after the home invasion.
Unfortunately for your argument i have played multiple paths in the game, to get a broader view of the characters. I have simply different interpretation of what i've seen. Because i'm not as invested in Sophia as possible romantic interest for Edwin, i don't treat her acting for five seconds like a normal human being as anything earth-shaking and i certainly don't think it's worth constructing whole puppy-filled love story of two nerds clicking together based on it.

Doing what she did there might be nothing big for a normal person, but for a detached eccentric as Sophia is, her behaviour change is quite large! That is the reason you can rightly say, the MC and Sophia clicked that day, if you chose so.
Alternatively, Sophia has noticed your Edwin is easily manipulated and receptive to her feminine charms, and she's playing him as a potential asset in her master's game. Same way she attempts to play you against Kathleen in the blue room, something your Edwin lapped right up.

4.90 star(s) 492 Votes