TFfan1

Jul 8, 2024
Theres a game with graphics like this , but i cant remember the name , its basically like we start off coding some female ai and have a stepmom would is very annoyed most of the time and shes a real estate agent if im not wrong and the stepmom turns really loving when shes drunk .We use the ai later on to email the stepmom something... i wish i would remmeber
emmmm...... Man of the House? It kind of sounds like that but i might be wrong https://f95zone.to/threads/man-of-the-house-v1-0-2c-extra-faerin.3691/

White Lamp

Dec 18, 2020
Theres a game with graphics like this , but i cant remember the name , its basically like we start off coding some female ai and have a stepmom would is very annoyed most of the time and shes a real estate agent if im not wrong and the stepmom turns really loving when shes drunk .We use the ai later on to email the stepmom something... i wish i would remmeber
emmmm...... Man of the House? It kind of sounds like that but i might be wrong https://f95zone.to/threads/man-of-the-house-v1-0-2c-extra-faerin.3691/

Its "The Synthetic" by Carbon

Ultralazuli

Jul 8, 2018
why doesn't this game feel finished? never played it until now, but it feels like this needs about 2-3 more years in the oven for polish and plot writing.

yinti123

Jul 25, 2024
Is there a download link for Android? I feel like there used to be a link for Android on F95 but why isn't there now?

timbukalso

Nov 18, 2023
why doesn't this game feel finished? never played it until now, but it feels like this needs about 2-3 more years in the oven for polish and plot writing.
I'm rewriting the game to make the dialogue more natural, eliminate plat inconsistencies, give the characters more depth, and make the lewd scenes more erotic. (And other improvements.)

I agree that the game seems unpolished, and since I don't think Icstor will ever go back and fix it, I'm doing it, myself.

manneychin

May 8, 2017
I'm rewriting the game to make the dialogue more natural, eliminate plat inconsistencies, give the characters more depth, and make the lewd scenes more erotic. (And other improvements.)

I agree that the game seems unpolished, and since I don't think Icstor will ever go back and fix it, I'm doing it, myself.
I have 4 questions:

1. Do you seriously think you'll eventually finish your mod even if it takes up to a year from now?
2. My estimation is it'll take you at least 7 more months. Do you think I'm wildly wrong?
Note: I'm reasoning that if this
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
took you ~7 months, the rest will take at least about the same.

To understand my final 2 questions it's important to first understand this:
- I do NOT truly understand how your mod interferes (for better or worse) with Powerbabe 's mod but I would like to, especially because the latter looks firmly stuck deep in limbo. It looks like Powerbabe hasn't been around here in the past ~month, the [COMPLETED] moment for that mod is HIGHLY unpredictable and the demand for the mod is nearly zero.
- I haven't played v1.0 at all so I have no first hand experience with either mods. My understanding is that your mod was always focused on extensively rewriting dialogues to improve the game in general, with a side-effect that incest is also improved to some extent (i.e. you didn't aim to make incest POP, you just aimed to remove the nonsensical nonincest slapped on by ICSTOR). Meanwhile, Powerbabe's mod was initially focused on restoring stuff (not just dialogues but also choices and visuals) removed by ICSTOR between v0.7 and v1.0. Then the focus changed on improving incest in dialogues at the most basic level (i.e. correct lines where characters OBVIOUSLY should refer to each other differently because they're related). I don't know if Powerbabe also did extensive rewriting to improve incest.

3. Do you agree with the overlap between the 2 mods as I described it?
4. Do you know if your mod is compatible with Powerbabe's?

Powerbabe

Game Developer
Aug 1, 2018
I have 4 questions:

1. Do you seriously think you'll eventually finish your mod even if it takes up to a year from now?
2. My estimation is it'll take you at least 7 more months. Do you think I'm wildly wrong?
Note: I'm reasoning that if this
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
took you ~7 months, the rest will take at least about the same.

To understand my final 2 questions it's important to first understand this:
- I do NOT truly understand how your mod interferes (for better or worse) with Powerbabe 's mod but I would like to, especially because the latter looks firmly stuck deep in limbo. It looks like Powerbabe hasn't been around here in the past ~month, the [COMPLETED] moment for that mod is HIGHLY unpredictable and the demand for the mod is nearly zero.
- I haven't played v1.0 at all so I have no first hand experience with either mods. My understanding is that your mod was always focused on extensively rewriting dialogues to improve the game in general, with a side-effect that incest is also improved to some extent (i.e. you didn't aim to make incest POP, you just aimed to remove the nonsensical nonincest slapped on by ICSTOR). Meanwhile, Powerbabe's mod was initially focused on restoring stuff (not just dialogues but also choices and visuals) removed by ICSTOR between v0.7 and v1.0. Then the focus changed on improving incest in dialogues at the most basic level (i.e. correct lines where characters OBVIOUSLY should refer to each other differently because they're related). I don't know if Powerbabe also did extensive rewriting to improve incest.

3. Do you agree with the overlap between the 2 mods as I described it?
4. Do you know if your mod is compatible with Powerbabe's?
Sorry if I was absent from the communications. I was overloaded with a lot of work and didn't have time to finish the mod. But it's not abandoned. It's near completion. I think I have two more characters to review and that's it. The work itself shouldn't take much time, several days to a week, but the problem is that I can't switch to it right now. I still have more pressing things to work on first.

As for the compatibility, I don't think our mods align. We have a very different approach to the way we look at the game. My mod tries to stay very close to the source. I did indeed do a lot of rewriting to heavily improve on the incest aspect of the dialog, story, and characters, but I never tried to diminish the original way it was introduced to the players; rather, I aimed to build on top of it. Rewriting the dialog from scratch, while on paper might be a good idea, won't result in the same game, same characters, or same feel to the story, no matter how good your writing skills are, in my humble opinion. But I could be wrong on that part.

I'll try to carve some time in my schedule and work to finish the mod. I can't give any dates, but I hope I can release a final version sooner rather than later.

manneychin

May 8, 2017
Sorry if I was absent from the communications. I was overloaded with a lot of work and didn't have time to finish the mod. But it's not abandoned. It's near completion. I think I have two more characters to review and that's it. The work itself shouldn't take much time, several days to a week, but the problem is that I can't switch to it right now. I still have more pressing things to work on first.

As for the compatibility, I don't think our mods align. We have a very different approach to the way we look at the game. My mod tries to stay very close to the source. I did indeed do a lot of rewriting to heavily improve on the incest aspect of the dialog, story, and characters, but I never tried to diminish the original way it was introduced to the players; rather, I aimed to build on top of it. Rewriting the dialog from scratch, while on paper might be a good idea, won't result in the same game, same characters, or same feel to the story, no matter how good your writing skills are, in my humble opinion. But I could be wrong on that part.

I'll try to carve some time in my schedule and work to finish the mod. I can't give any dates, but I hope I can release a final version sooner rather than later.
Thanks for update! As I said numerous times, I completely understand not having time for the mod. I settled for asking "what's up" every 1-2 months to make sure there still is something to wait for.

The clarification about how you approached dialogue adjustments is welcome. Before your reply I was thinking that if you stay gone, once timbukalso 's mod is done, maybe I could Frankenstein a game where the 2 mods are applied on top of each other and timbukalso's mod could compensate for the adjustments you left unfinished. It's looking like this Frankenstein won't work and one pretty much needs to choose between the two mods. I'm curious if timbukalso agrees.

I think I'll check out both mods when they are done. I'm still curious what a lot of rewriting will look like. It could have its own future, if done well, which is VERY hard. For example, in Summertime Saga's case, there is a massive need for heavy rewriting of everything added since ~Jun-2018, when DC stopped adding any dialogues that would flesh out incest. Consequently, the kink became VERY stale with each new release as just replacing landlady with mom and roommate with sister doesn't do shit for me. A heavy rewrite that's also good would turn that game into something worth playing. As is, it's very bland. The same problem will be applicable to Milfy City's DLCs if they ever see the light of day. They will need HEAVY rewriting for incest to be satisfying, which is why I don't look forward to the DLCs, at all.

Powerbabe

Game Developer
Aug 1, 2018
The same problem will be applicable to Milfy City's DLCs if they ever see the light of day. They will need HEAVY rewriting for incest to be satisfying, which is why I don't look forward to the DLCs, at all.
That I can promise. The DLCs, as soon as they come out, will be worked on and adjusted accordingly to the rest of the game.

timbukalso

Nov 18, 2023
I have 4 questions:
. . .
1. I can only say that I'm still working on the rewrite, and currently plan to complete it. I tentatively plan to adjust the DLC as necessary, but that's assuming that doing so will be possible. I won't make any promises though; this is just a hobby.

2. Yes, I think I'm still months away from completing the rewrite.

3. I'm not sure what you mean by making "incest POP". In my rewrite the dialogue is much more graphic and there's a lot more talking and a lot less thinking. So, in that way, I think all of the scenes "pop". But my MC doesn't go after his little sister because it's taboo; their relationship evolves, and it seems right to both of them. They're not doing it just because it's transgressive.

As for the similarities and differences between the mods:

Both mods re-incorporate the content from before the Patreon debacle, mine because I originally based my mod on PowerBabe's mod.

I understand and respect PowerBabe's choice to hold close to the original game. I've played the game with the Content Restoration Mod (CRM) and I think PowerBabe's rewrites of the dialogue are an unequiivocal improvement over the original game. (I get the impression that PowerBabe hasn't tried my mod.)

But, obviously, I think the game has more fundamental problems and opportunities for improvement, and think it's worth creating a more radical alternative that can exist alongside PowerBabe's work.

Speaking mechanically, the CRM largely rewrites dialogue within the existing structure of the scenes, preserving the sequence of images within those scenes, and the sequence of scenes within the game. I have not tried to preserve those, because I think the story can be told more erotically and more plausibly by changing both. I've even reordered several major events in the story, and in one case combined several events into a single event while preserving the overall plot.

My rewrites of the erotic scenes play more like movies than those in the original game because I've added (simple) animations and used transitions to make the scenes more dynamic.

PowerBabe's right that the risk of any rewrite is that it loses what people liked in the original, and I've been willing to risk making changes that some people might not like. For example, the original game has a story in which a lesbian is converted into bisexuality by a magic dick. I think that's a kind of story that some dudes like, and I don't want to yuck their yum, but that's just not how homosexuality works. So the story was too absurd for me, personally. So I gave her a more complex sexuality, with a much more taboo kink.

4. At this point the mods have diverged sufficiently that they're no longer compatible. Choose one or the other. Or try both! It's not terribly difficult to switch between them (there are instructions in the thread for my mod) but I'd recommend against trying to load up a save from one in the other.

manneychin

May 8, 2017
1. I can only say that I'm still working on the rewrite, and currently plan to complete it. I tentatively plan to adjust the DLC as necessary, but that's assuming that doing so will be possible. I won't make any promises though; this is just a hobby.

2. Yes, I think I'm still months away from completing the rewrite.

3. I'm not sure what you mean by making "incest POP". In my rewrite the dialogue is much more graphic and there's a lot more talking and a lot less thinking. So, in that way, I think all of the scenes "pop". But my MC doesn't go after his little sister because it's taboo; their relationship evolves, and it seems right to both of them. They're not doing it just because it's transgressive.

As for the similarities and differences between the mods:

Both mods re-incorporate the content from before the Patreon debacle, mine because I originally based my mod on PowerBabe's mod.

I understand and respect PowerBabe's choice to hold close to the original game. I've played the game with the Content Restoration Mod (CRM) and I think PowerBabe's rewrites of the dialogue are an unequiivocal improvement over the original game. (I get the impression that PowerBabe hasn't tried my mod.)

But, obviously, I think the game has more fundamental problems and opportunities for improvement, and think it's worth creating a more radical alternative that can exist alongside PowerBabe's work.

Speaking mechanically, the CRM largely rewrites dialogue within the existing structure of the scenes, preserving the sequence of images within those scenes, and the sequence of scenes within the game. I have not tried to preserve those, because I think the story can be told more erotically and more plausibly by changing both. I've even reordered several major events in the story, and in one case combined several events into a single event while preserving the overall plot.

My rewrites of the erotic scenes play more like movies than those in the original game because I've added (simple) animations and used transitions to make the scenes more dynamic.

PowerBabe's right that the risk of any rewrite is that it loses what people liked in the original, and I've been willing to risk making changes that some people might not like. For example, the original game has a story in which a lesbian is converted into bisexuality by a magic dick. I think that's a kind of story that some dudes like, and I don't want to yuck their yum, but that's just not how homosexuality works. So the story was too absurd for me, personally. So I gave her a more complex sexuality, with a much more taboo kink.

4. At this point the mods have diverged sufficiently that they're no longer compatible. Choose one or the other. Or try both! It's not terribly difficult to switch between them (there are instructions in the thread for my mod) but I'd recommend against trying to load up a save from one in the other.
Very clear. Thanks! I will try both mods once they're done.

Reactions: timbukalso
3.80 star(s) 425 Votes