Zane Carlson

Sep 22, 2023
yeah the game doesn't always display the "press F5" text on defeat. there must be some conditions under which it just displays a black screen and thats why so many people are asking.
So I fucked around a bit and I found out it's spacebar that causes the blackscreen.
As for the prompt hint it comes up just as the defeat theme plays.
With these findings I can come up with 2 possibilities here: general lack of patience or reflex action.

Zane Carlson

Sep 22, 2023
though they could just read like a page back in this thread. it's almost on every page since the game returned.
Yeah that is another thing I didn't really understand.
Not to sound rude but even I, as lazy as I some times am, try to find an answer in the many pages a threat has by reading or using the in threat search.
Is it too much for them?
Might also be that they could be new and don't know they can do that :unsure:

Renpygameslover

Feb 20, 2020
FOBS wasn't sustainable iirc. The reason it was broken up into A and B versions was because A grew too big for the engine so he had to make a new one with the A skills already unlocked which is what we got with B. The two are pretty fragmented though and don't really fit together other than being in the same world. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure this is why FOBS was put on the back burner when he started looking into a new engine which is what his new project is to explore. I think the only reason FOBS still got the few rare updates was to tell people that he hasn't lost complete interest in it and it certainly is popular enough that if Shiro No Yakata proves to be successful then maybe we'll see a remake of FOBS with an even larger scope.

I get you really like FOBS but being this aggressive over a dude who was apprehensive about his skills despite the popularity finally getting into crowd funding and making friends with a programmer and looking into making larger and stable projects just makes you look like a brat. There's plenty of content in FOBS and Succubus affection is practically the same thing with MMO style controls and a pretty straight forward story so I don't why you don't just go play that and fuck off for a while. This game never had a direction or goal in mind other than tame monster girls in various ways to capture them for the gallery. It was never fully abandoned and even if the last update was a single panel it at least shows he still thinks about FOBS with everything else he has going on. Be grateful for what he's been giving us considering there aren't many others with his quality of pixel works.

And hey, if he does come out and say he's done with FOBS for good then I'm honestly fine with that. It had a good run and there was still more potential to be had but it was an exceptional stepping stone for him to leap into full game project developments. Succubus Affection proves that with a good programmer his work can shine brighter than it ever has on his own and I just wish him the best in his endeavors because not only is he making great pixel work he's also striking a double niche by also doing monster girls that are more than just cat ears and no tail on an anime girl.
boy do i have news for you

• Haha
Reactions: Kisama33

MrFlooffyLion31

Feb 8, 2020
I can't seem to get the older versions (1.20) to run correctly it just says" there was an error selecting and accuiring the device" anyone know how to fix this? Or can direct me to a post that has already answered this question?

Reactions: GODCAT-X

joshex

Jan 12, 2019
Yes it is and you don't understand that because you clearly are not "lazy" enough.
I imagine it's one of those kinda "I found this thing while fapping and must have it, but then I found it didn't work, so I angrily go to the first upload thread I can find on it and complain without reading a single post and probably wont return later to check for an answer anyways as I already finished fapping for the day"

Ranny

Donor
Jul 14, 2017
Seeing as Fantia no longer takes VISA/Mastercard, how would I get access to the latest builds? Usually I've paid to get builds from Fantia.

Mar 22, 2023
boy do i have news for you
Sounds to me like a reading comprehension issue.

The guy you quoted said he was OK if Zell never made an update to FOBS because of his changing situation. He never said Zell would never continue FOBS.

Also you guys might not remember but FOBS used to be FREE. No paywall. It was a massive part of how it got popular in the first place.

Not Niko

Jan 30, 2019
Hey, lurker here, found a fix (at least on my end) for the "There was an error selecting and acquiring the device." issue
Right click on the fobs executable, go to compatability, change high dpi settings, and tick "high dpi scaling override"
(If you can't follow the instructions due to having a different OS, look for a guide to how to fix screen issues with hotline miami, that's the same fix as this.)
(edit: you can also tick 'run in 640x480 screen resolution' but it looks like ass)

Zane Carlson

Sep 22, 2023
I imagine it's one of those kinda "I found this thing while fapping and must have it, but then I found it didn't work, so I angrily go to the first upload thread I can find on it and complain without reading a single post and probably wont return later to check for an answer anyways as I already finished fapping for the day"
Yep that is the most single minded braincell accurate depiction of how this might have gone down.
Well I mean THEY are, not you.
I guess we'll just have to keep going.

Zane Carlson

Sep 22, 2023
Seeing as Fantia no longer takes VISA/Mastercard, how would I get access to the latest builds? Usually I've paid to get builds from Fantia.
Maybe you can use paypal?
Or you can look through payment methods on their Pixiv FANBOX page.

Kisama33

May 13, 2018
Lol, the abandoned tag rules of this website are tricking people even in other websites too, I'm dying here .

Now serious, don't worry the game is not abandoned and that website was "copying" this thread tittle than last month had an "abandoned" tag on it even if the game was not really abandoned, it's because of some rules of this website and doesn't have anything to do with the game, I assure you that soon you are going to see a new version of the game by the end of the month if nothing goes wrong ok

4.40 star(s) 15 Votes