bidlocat0

Sep 27, 2019
if you found out the work you got pirated, you'd be upset too no? people gotta eat and pay rent, don't take it personally and rage at the dev. first paragraph of explains what they did and why. plug the text into google translate, it should come out fine.

i know this is a piracy website, but you don't always get what you want. it just is what it is.
I've played a lot of games, but I've never seen a more idiotic and stupid thing that Warumiyo came up with. And his invented anti-cheat works very, and very crookedly, just go to his ci-en, and read the comments section and see for yourself. In people even erase honest saves, because the anti-cheat believes that the person somewhere cheating, and naturally pops up "NO CHEATING", erase all saves, and the game closes. (there are even such things that the game can not even close, and naturally the game begins to overflow RAM, cool, right?)
The maximum that the author does is to apologize, and gives a ready-made save.. Dude, that's ridiculous, don't you think? I still can't understand one thing, what was the point of adding it? To ruin the experience for everyone who bought it or something?
It reminds me of the situation when Project Helius on the wave of hype of their project Fallen Doll: Operation Lovecraft added Denuvo. This is +/- similar situation. Why don't other normal authors do this kind of shit? Why don't they add DRM, anti-cheat, or some other checks? It's simple though, it's enough for them to have people playing their games, supporting them on ci-en or other platforms, and that's it. They don't do that kind of shit, man. And that doesn't excuse what he wrote there, realize that. He could have postponed the game/update, rested quietly for a couple days/weeks, and already released it with new energy.

And yes, if I was a NSFW game developer (which is unlikely) and found out that my game was suddenly downloaded and then posted on kemono/f95zone, I would just ignore it. Fighting piracy or coming up with something obscure just makes it worse and can hurt the game and sales, whether that's good or bad is up to each person to decide for themselves.
Besides, as ridiculous and delusional as it sounds, piracy can also be considered a kind of advertising. Someone will download the game and play it completely, and someone will play it for 5-10 minutes, realize that he liked the game and decide to buy it, thus supporting the author. It's quite simple.

Ferghus

Engaged Member
Aug 25, 2017
And yes, if I was a NSFW game developer (which is unlikely) and found out that my game was suddenly downloaded and then posted on kemono/f95zone, I would just ignore it. Fighting piracy or coming up with something obscure just makes it worse and can hurt the game and sales, whether that's good or bad is up to each person to decide for themselves.
Besides, as ridiculous and delusional as it sounds, piracy can also be considered a kind of advertising. Someone will download the game and play it completely, and someone will play it for 5-10 minutes, realize that he liked the game and decide to buy it, thus supporting the author. It's quite simple.
I think devs have every right to be upset and I can see why how exposure for your game doesn't seem like a good tradeoff. No artist likes hearing the excuse that they're getting exposure in lieu of payment. Whether or not it actually increases sales probably varies individually and, like the rest of us, you probably want to amass money as efficiently as possible. Like if my boss cut my pay and tried to justify it by saying he's putting in a good word to potential clients, I'd tell him to go fuck himself.

But I think the smarter PR move would have been to appeal to the dudes pirating the game, rather than trying to fight a bunch of invisible faces. Most devs say something along the lines of "while we do not condone the pirating of our game, we do ask that those of you who enjoy the game support our small dev team of two so that we can continue to make exciting titles in the future." You start sabotaging your own work and you get bad PR. Legit buyers might wait longer to avoid the BS or outright ignore your next project.

Also, didn't Nintendo specifically switch from DS to 3DS pretty much immediately because of how rampant piracy was for DS games, which actually did significantly impact sales?

bidlocat0

Sep 27, 2019
But I think the smarter PR move would have been to appeal to the dudes pirating the game, rather than trying to fight a bunch of invisible faces. Most devs say something along the lines of "while we do not condone the pirating of our game, we do ask that those of you who enjoy the game support our small dev team of two so that we can continue to make exciting titles in the future." You start sabotaging your own work and you get bad PR. Legit buyers might wait longer to avoid the BS or outright ignore your next project.
Well said. On this forum, there are a bunch of developers, and they are not complaining that their game someone posted on the forum. They are not crying, and do not complain, if there is a topic, then so be it, people will then be able to familiarize themselves with the game and perhaps in the future to buy the game to get stable updates. It's not even hard for me to give an example of such a game: Factorial Omega: My Dystopian Robot Girlfriend (even the developer himself communicates in the thread, and listens to people, what is there to talk about, lol)
Also, didn't Nintendo specifically switch from DS to 3DS pretty much immediately because of how rampant piracy was for DS games, which actually did significantly impact sales?
Nintendo just hates pirates, that's all, what is there to talk about?
For them there is no difference between a modchip maker and some dude who created an emulator, for Nintendo they are both pirates, infringers, and they both cause loss to the company, that's it.

Feb 3, 2024
I've played a lot of games, but I've never seen a more idiotic and stupid thing that Warumiyo came up with.
i agree that the methods employed in this case are really dumb, but i can't fault the dev for at least trying to take action. though it seems whatever they did was totally ineffective at curbing piracy, as correctly following the instructions on their post to delete pre-update save data makes the download posted here work just fine. all it does is combat cheating, which is weird and pointless.

Reactions: ilmarcione

gz27

Dec 26, 2018
Damn, I tried the gdrive access thing a few days ago but haven't gotten access so far. Was worth a try.

GammaXai

Oct 5, 2018
i tried and the dev sent me this XD

WRMY LLCFri, Jul 12, 2:50 AM (23 hours ago)
YOU PAY OR JUST GO FAP IN YOUR ROOM, LOSER
Oof, on the one hand I respect the clap back but on the other I have more than one email address so I would totally withdraw my patreonage over being that unprofessional.

AlphaJnx

Aug 21, 2018
F this game

you play it and then when you load you get Ear rape and a no cheating banner WTF

this dev should be cursed with testicular torsion until he dies
Dude There is a volume settings how about fiddle with it? then for cheating banner well dunno why but it's funny that the devs even put an anti cheat system on a game that is just a short game and doesn't even played on multiplayer
View attachment %23Laughing_%F0%9F%98%82%F0%9F%98%82_meme_template___%23Old_man_laughing_meme_template__(360p).mp4

Reactions: RawRawTrue

popel116

May 18, 2024
honestly, this game and dev can go fuck themselves.
3rd day in a row where i changed NOTHING on my PC and get greeted with the cancerous "NO CHEATING!" screen and deleted saves...
If someone is retarded enough to implement an anti-cheat into their insignificant, 2 hour long singleplayer hentai game, it should atleast not get randomly triggered like a twitter user

Reactions: AeroPlate
2.80 star(s) 19 Votes