Mod Ren'Py Summertime Saga Naughty Tribute Mod [srksrk 68]

4.80 star(s) 13 Votes

Panse

Oct 1, 2020
Hello srksrk 68, I thank you for the mods you have created -
#I am looking forward to the new mods for the (tech update) just take your time with it.

I apologize about my English I'm not so good at it

Reactions: srksrk 68

DeltaMikePapa

Jun 21, 2024
Is there somewhere where I could discuss parse errors I'm getting, running summertime saga ver 0.20.16, and naughty tribute mod ver 20.16-1.04 on android 13.

Missing images from what i could tell??

Last I did any programming, was 40 years ago in Pascal, so i might be mistaken?

Parse errors_240625_005242_1.jpg Parse errors_240625_005242_2.jpg Parse errors_240625_005242_3.jpg

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
Is there somewhere where I could discuss parse errors I'm getting, running summertime saga ver 0.20.16, and naughty tribute mod ver 20.16-1.04 on android 13.

Missing images from what i could tell??

Last I did any programming, was 40 years ago in Pascal, so i might be mistaken?

View attachment 3768071 View attachment 3768072 View attachment 3768073
That's the same error coming up a couple of times recently. Just read some posts back. No solution, sorry...

AnonymousBR

Jun 3, 2020
Hello, I read the Part that talks about Online Translation several times. and I couldn't understand where I should put the files that are inside the .zip (Google Translate Sources.zip), could anyone help me?

AnonymousBR

Jun 3, 2020
Hello! After reading it a few more times I finally understood. From what I've read, the "Sources" are not Necessary and Mandatory for the Online Translation to Work. I just jumped to conclusions. I apologize for the stupid question above, but it's interesting to note that I'm new to the modding scene for this game. But anyway, thanks!

AnonymousBR

Jun 3, 2020
Hi, Just one more question. Is the Online Translation available for the language: 'pt_br' [Brazilian Portuguese]?
Because the following message appears in my game:
"Google Online Translation pack is not available. No text will be translated online at runtime."
This is normal? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jokokor

Feb 4, 2024
1719698555159.png

Getting this running 0-20-16 version of the game and Summertime Saga Naughty Tribute Mod 0.20.16-1.04

It occures everytime i start up my pc, even on a fresh install & save.

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
Hi, Just one more question. Is the Online Translation available for the language: 'pt_br' [Brazilian Portuguese]?
Because the following message appears in my game:
"Google Online Translation pack is not available. No text will be translated online at runtime."
This is normal? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Hi, I just looked into the coding. Unfortunately pt_br is not in the list of supported languages. If Brazillian Portuguese was supported, the spelling would be pt-BR, but this is also not in the list. I am sorry.

Is the installed language reported as pt_br on the screen where this message appears? Can you try pt?

AnonymousBR

Jun 3, 2020
Hi, I just looked into the coding. Unfortunately pt_br is not in the list of supported languages. If Brazillian Portuguese was supported, the spelling would be pt-BR, but this is also not in the list. I am sorry.

Is the installed language reported as pt_br on the screen where this message appears? Can you try pt?
Hey! Yes, in the Translation Dump Screen or in Other Related Screens it is shown as: pt_br
Together with the Notice that I mentioned previously. About Trying to specifically use Portuguese (pt) instead of Brazilian Portuguese (pt_br), Supposedly I could do this Test. as "Normal" Portuguese, which here in Brazil we know as Portuguese from Portugal. however Different or in Other Words Colloquial. However, a little different, it would still be possible to play and be able to interpret and understand the words. I could do this test. but still how could I do that exactly? because from what I read in the Online Translation Description, it is recommended to use a Community Translation. and There is no Translation (at least on the Game Website) just for: "pt" (Portuguese). Is there any way to still make Online Translation work? like Force or something like that so that the Mod understands it as just: pt (Portuguese). I don't know exactly how the code for this Mod was programmed and created, but I imagine that it must use some Google Translate API or something like that. which obviously makes the Online Request to Translate the Lines but I think I understand why exactly the Mod cannot Translate or Understand/Find the Language "pt_br" (Brazilian Portuguese) which until some time ago on the Google Translate Site itself only existed " pt" (Portuguese) and as incredible as it may seem, or not... that Portuguese was Brazilian, or "pt_br" (Brazilian Portuguese), for example when something was translated it was in Brazilian Portuguese. and No in Portuguese from Portugal. But apparently when you look at the Google Translate website now. we can see the 2 Portuguese. Portuguese from Portugal and Brazilian Portuguese. I don't know if it might make any sense, but if the Mod's Code or API wasn't updated, theoretically it would translate into Brazilian Portuguese. Emphasis on "Theoretically". as there was no Portuguese from Portugal before on the Google Translate website. In other words: We just need a way for the Mod or Game to understand it as just "pt" (Portuguese) and try to translate it.
I ask that you disregard whether this was A Little Traveled or Crazy. After all, I'm not a programmer. but I think it makes some sense.
But anyway, I thank you in advance. and mainly for your Time.

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
Hey! Yes, in the Translation Dump Screen or in Other Related Screens it is shown as: pt_br
Together with the Notice that I mentioned previously. About Trying to specifically use Portuguese (pt) instead of Brazilian Portuguese (pt_br), Supposedly I could do this Test. as "Normal" Portuguese, which here in Brazil we know as Portuguese from Portugal. however Different or in Other Words Colloquial. However, a little different, it would still be possible to play and be able to interpret and understand the words. I could do this test. but still how could I do that exactly? because from what I read in the Online Translation Description, it is recommended to use a Community Translation. and There is no Translation (at least on the Game Website) just for: "pt" (Portuguese). Is there any way to still make Online Translation work? like Force or something like that so that the Mod understands it as just: pt (Portuguese). I don't know exactly how the code for this Mod was programmed and created, but I imagine that it must use some Google Translate API or something like that. which obviously makes the Online Request to Translate the Lines but I think I understand why exactly the Mod cannot Translate or Understand/Find the Language "pt_br" (Brazilian Portuguese) which until some time ago on the Google Translate Site itself only existed " pt" (Portuguese) and as incredible as it may seem, or not... that Portuguese was Brazilian, or "pt_br" (Brazilian Portuguese), for example when something was translated it was in Brazilian Portuguese. and No in Portuguese from Portugal. But apparently when you look at the Google Translate website now. we can see the 2 Portuguese. Portuguese from Portugal and Brazilian Portuguese. I don't know if it might make any sense, but if the Mod's Code or API wasn't updated, theoretically it would translate into Brazilian Portuguese. Emphasis on "Theoretically". as there was no Portuguese from Portugal before on the Google Translate website. In other words: We just need a way for the Mod or Game to understand it as just "pt" (Portuguese) and try to translate it.
I ask that you disregard whether this was A Little Traveled or Crazy. After all, I'm not a programmer. but I think it makes some sense.
But anyway, I thank you in advance. and mainly for your Time.
It makes much sense what you write. The Google API I am using, at the time I downloaded it, supported a couple of languages, among them pt-BR. Almost all other language codes supported are lower case two letter codes like pt, de, en, fr and so on. Specifically localized codes exist for cn-TW and cn-CN (if I remember correctly, maybe they are called differently but that's it in principle).

Now the community translation packs come with the two-letter lower case codes. The mod does not map anything but passes those codes from the installed(!) language packs to the API, which works just well for all the existing languages except those xx-XX codes.

The reason why I insist on an installed language pack is that those already provide hundrets of thousands of translated text lines. So if you enable online translation, only the lines that are new or changed between game releases (which are a couple of thousands as well) need to be actually translated. This is because it a) takes a long time for the API call and b) someone at Google's might wonder where all those anonymous translation requests come from. If a thousand players would translate the whole game online over and over, that API would not long stay free I fear.

freddygonzo

Apr 26, 2024
If you are still looking for bugs to fix:
When you hang around with Eve on the roof with Grace and Odette partying after fixing the bike, and they begin to dance. The first caption is immediately progressed without pause.

characters\eve\button_dialogues.rpy

scene location_tattoo_rooftop_cutscene01
show text _ ("The moment had me completely frozen in place.\nMesmerized by beautiful bodies of the girls dancing before me in the firelight.") as caption
with fade
pause // missing
hide caption with dissolve
show text _ ("It was hard to fathom how I had ended up in this situation...\nWas I just the luckiest guy on the planet or what?") as caption with dissolve
pause

Another bug: when you order "Orcette" from eGay for Eric, you don't pay $300 in the end, although you have to have that amount to order it. It won't substract that amount of money.

Maybe another bug: when you go purchasing "The Ruby Corset" for Helen, you don't get the $300 back, although Helen mentions before she is going to pay for it. Duh.

There are plenty strange time progressions, but that would be quite work to correct them all more reasonably. One looked pretty buggy though:
Quest: Roxxy needs some place to go. I'll bring her to my home for some comfort
When you come home late in the night, the scene with Roxxy triggers and behaves fine, but afterwards the time suddenly goes back 2 time units to the afternoon of the same day again.

PS: love your mod. The way Summertime is meant to be played. Cheers! (y)

Last edited:

AnonymousBR

Jun 3, 2020
It makes much sense what you write. The Google API I am using, at the time I downloaded it, supported a couple of languages, among them pt-BR. Almost all other language codes supported are lower case two letter codes like pt, de, en, fr and so on. Specifically localized codes exist for cn-TW and cn-CN (if I remember correctly, maybe they are called differently but that's it in principle).

Now the community translation packs come with the two-letter lower case codes. The mod does not map anything but passes those codes from the installed(!) language packs to the API, which works just well for all the existing languages except those xx-XX codes.

The reason why I insist on an installed language pack is that those already provide hundrets of thousands of translated text lines. So if you enable online translation, only the lines that are new or changed between game releases (which are a couple of thousands as well) need to be actually translated. This is because it a) takes a long time for the API call and b) someone at Google's might wonder where all those anonymous translation requests come from. If a thousand players would translate the whole game online over and over, that API would not long stay free I fear.
I understood. Thinking this way really makes sense. Judging by the huge range of dialogues that the game has. If I were to translate the entire game via online translation, I imagine it would take a long time. and I also believe that perhaps this API should have some Limits. Besides, like you said. It would be strange to see the large number of API calls on Google Translate servers. It really is worth worrying about whether it would really remain free. And unfortunately there is no Community Translation Pack for just "pt" (Not at least as of now)
So I think it would be unfeasible. Apparently I will have to play the Game with some Dialogues in English. Thanks anyway.

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
I understood. Thinking this way really makes sense. Judging by the huge range of dialogues that the game has. If I were to translate the entire game via online translation, I imagine it would take a long time. and I also believe that perhaps this API should have some Limits. Besides, like you said. It would be strange to see the large number of API calls on Google Translate servers. It really is worth worrying about whether it would really remain free. And unfortunately there is no Community Translation Pack for just "pt" (Not at least as of now)
So I think it would be unfeasible. Apparently I will have to play the Game with some Dialogues in English. Thanks anyway.
If you have a community translation pack with language code pt_br, you might try your luck by hacking that into code pt-BR. As I understand, the language packs are nowadays already compiled, and for that hack you would need the source code instead. you would need to decompile the file with tools like UnRpyc or similar.

As an alternative, the language pack for German that I provide in the download section has language code 'de'. Maybe the ultra-dirty hack would work to download tha language pack (because it is already decompiled), and to hack the language into pt-BR. It would still provide the German texts, but it would make the game think the language is pt-BR. Then, with luck (I never tested it), you might be successfull with dumping the online translation of all the missing texts. That translation would be in Brazilian Portuguese because of the faked language code. Then, when finished, delete the files of the German pack, and install the pt_br one together with the translation files you just created.

Might work, but would require quite some try and error, if at all...

Macfinn99

Jun 20, 2017
I always thought that the school was the Summerville High School and the plot lines and actions of the students and staff make more sense with the MC and other students being HS Seniors. The latest iteration has it identified as Summerville College.

When you get around to updating the Naughty Tribute, do you think that you can add in an option to rename it back to a high school?

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
what to do now
OK, first please note that there is an Edit button so you can edit your posts rather than crating four posts in a row and spam this thread...

Second, it reads like you can start the game but then it crashes during playing it, right?

If you can enter the mod menu in-game (click on the lower left text that is marked in the first screenshot in post 1 of this thread): Click on the link "Create Diagnosis File", let it do it's work, find and zip the file "Naughty Tribute Mod Diagnosis.txt" and attach the ZIP file here.

• Sad
Reactions: Minecraftnoob

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
hello?
>it doesn't crash
>the mod doesn't even show up in game
Don't know what you wrote before you cleansed your posts, but there was a traceback.txt file quoted.

However, as post 1 clearly mentions, both the game and the game_overrides folders belong *inside* the game folder, not beside. Move them one level deeper.

• Wow
Reactions: Minecraftnoob

Minecraftnoob

Nov 27, 2023
oohhhh shiii...
well sory but, now it shows error
*also the trace back you're referring to was from before i reinstalled the game and the mod

4.80 star(s) 13 Votes