VN - Ren'Py - Shut Up and Dance [Ep.1-9 Ch.2 v1.2 SE Steam] [Boring Games]

1. 2.00 star(s)

ChippyP

Don't let my 2 star rating mislead you, this is a good game. It's got passable writing, and decent sex scenes. It suffers from a lot of the same issues other 3D games have visually, but that's not really much of an issue.

Shut Up and Dance is a fairly dense game, there's a lot of text, and a good amount of choices, but what makes it stand out is that those choices tend to matter. There are very few empty choices that have no lasting impact, even choices you make at the start can come back to bite you much later. It was fairly satisfying to explore the different choices and how they changed the story, and that's something I can't say about most other games.

But this brings us to the reason I'm rating this game two stars; the cousin, Angeline, is a trash character given undue importance through a combination of contrived stupidity, and a lack of choices. Nothing you do matters in regards to your cousin, you cannot tell her no, you cannot push her away like you can with every other character. She is a black hole who sucks up the game's substance, and leaves it a lesser product from the moment she appears.

As of episode 4, I don't know if I would really recommend this game to others. While I enjoy most aspects of Shut Up and Dance, and will follow its development through future updates, the cousin sucks the life out of an otherwise fine product, and I'm skeptical of its future, to say the least.
  2. 2.00 star(s)

Zippity

The following review is based off my personal experience with playing this Game/Visual Novel... I try to be as brutally honest and detailed as I can, and these are my own opinions and thoughts, from one or more play throughs... The version this review is based on is Ep. 3 v1.0 Special...

The visuals, over all, are slightly grainy throughout the entire VN/Game... The characters are ok, with a couple being a bit over the top... The backdrops are fairly basic, with a good chunk of them being ones I've seen before in other VN/Games...

The script is a mixed bag, with some occassional broken English mixed with some occasional spelling/grammar errors... You can most definitely tell this VN/Game is a poor attempt at converting from an Incest based story... The A-Typical Landlady and Roommate word replacements, and how they sound some of the time in the story text, are signs of Lazy find and replace word searches... There are still some occasional signs remaining that the two women the male protagonist lives with are related, which shows the lack of the developers willingness to actually go back through the entire text and re-write it, to make more sense for a landlady-tenant dynamic...

The plot revolves around a male protagonist living with an older lady and a younger lady, after his scientist father dies... He is approached by a woman claiming to be his fathers assistant, who then very quickly convinces the protagonist to partake in experiments to somehow miraculously reveal memories from his father's experiments... First off, how can the Protagonist's DNA help reveal information from a totally different person who is dead? Secondly, the drugs the protagonist takes and the High Tech table he sleeps on supposedly give him some side abilities to control other peoples memories and thoughts?

This VN/Game, although it is enriched with lots of story telling, moves at lightning speed, both in the relationship building as well as plot movement... Somehow, and very quickly, he convinces his landlady (formerly his mom/mother) that she needs to help him sexually in order to help him not faint all the time, when he becomes aroused... There was even a moment when the story is supposedly going through a flashback, but it was a VERY long flashback, after which it continues on... I just felt the story telling was far too fast paced, and a bit on the far fetched side when it came to how quickly the female characters got on board with the protagonist, even though he wasn't mind controlling them... There are lots of examples I could give. but it would take far too long to go over them all...

Overall, I can sense that the developers were attempting to put some emphasis on the story telling, but the plot felt too artificial and far fetched, especially at the pace which things occurred... The visuals were all slightly grainy, which isn't always a bad thing, but still lowers the quality of the visuals... The characters didn't feel very believable, and sometimes the story continuity felt a bit jumbled... I get the sense that the developers were trying to tell a plot rich story, along with all the erotic scenarios, but in the end it felt too over the top and not very immersive... I have to give the developers a thumbs up for the attempt, but as a whole, the product is a bit poor over all...

If you are going to convert from Incest, then do it right, because the story telling sounds hokey when all that is done is a few word replacements... I'm guessing it was done to try and keep compliant with Patreon rules... But it's a sign of lazy development to not go through the whole set of text, and just modify the story to make complete sense, with the changes...

Will I revisit this one? Most likely not, but only time will tell...
  3. 4.00 star(s)

Gentoo

Major improvements have been done with this game during the rework is why I'm uping my rating. The renders and animations have been unbelievably better than before, so is the writing, it's becoming a favorite of mine.
  4. 5.00 star(s)

King Monkey Mon

the renders in the beginning are kinda grainy but they gotten better as the update went on

the character models are really attractive

with the recent addition to NTR has people worried about the game if you follow the walkthrough provided you can avoid it

mainly you just have to be a dick to your sister Sarah if you want the NTR route
  5. 2.00 star(s)

Goblin Baily: DILF

the game is terrible... sure the renders are noice and all but the progression of the relationship makes no sense at all... with how both Mom and sister are into the MC, it's a surprise that they aren't fucking already.
    if you are looking for fap material that's your cup of tea.
  6. 5.00 star(s)

Zed

Fantastic game/visual novel. Decent amount of content, awesome characters and models (even with the grain). enjoyable story, some choice, humour. everything you need. Creator seems like a pretty cool guy
  7. 5.00 star(s)

albatord

In my opinion the game is really good. After the mc gets his ability, he doesn't go on a power trip and tries to take control over everybody around him. The art can be a bit grainy in some scene but all in all pretty good. Storywise it's a bit too soon to say but it's enjoyable. So yeah, waiting for episode 3!
  8. 5.00 star(s)

nouseguy

Great game so far. Decent story so far as well and checks most of the tags I look for in a game. Love the tons of Megan/Mom content ans all of the other milfs are great too. Developer put in quite the effort for chapter 2, great update with more added content than some other games and their bunch of updates combined.
  9. 5.00 star(s)

ZSK16B

It was really exciting. Waiting for the next episode.
    Though the "non-sci-fi" setting is a little ridiculous, it's becoming funny at moments.
    Models are great (yep, i like that tits).

BTW, was that picture from IC game?
  10. 4.00 star(s)

Deleted member 997153

Episode 1

A solid start with a lot of good content, most of which focuses on the mother. The model for the mom is very hot and looks age appropriate.

While the story is somewhat generic, the idea of performing mind control through the implantation of fake memories is interesting.

The script is very engrish, but there is a good build of sexual tension.

The renders are grainy, but the models are top notch.

This game has a lot of potential and it's worth a download.
  11. 4.00 star(s)

tack1xxx

A lot of content for a first release, the models are really gorgeous, the plot could be better but is quite realistic, overall i believe is more than decent game and deserves more attention.

Pro - good content , good models
    Con -the renders and plot could be improved
  12. 5.00 star(s)

BeastMaster59

My Rating of this Game EP1 is:

Pros:

-Great Renders
    -Great Action Scenes
    -Nice Family Fun
    -Great Blow Scenes.

Cons:
    -Stops too Soon.
    -Tits Little too big for Mom
    The Game has great Renders,no Slowing Pace in the Game.
    I,m really looking for the Next Update.

Total Ratings is:
    Worth the Download
  13. 5.00 star(s)

Danaelfer

Amazing, I love the story so far. beautiful girls and nice scenes.
    My only complain its the drug part its just to plot convenient but I certainly will keep my eye on this game. And i just hope his friend never get the chance with the sister :p of the MC.