MiltonPowers

Forum Fanatic
Jul 26, 2023
o if I ever made a AVN that would be 100% guaranteed with most LI. Also would have some of the LI or characters call him a perv all the time for wanting to hold hands and nose boops instead of feeling her up :)
You know what my friend, I would play it to support you. (I'd laugh a lot, maybe gag a little, but I'd play it). :)

johnmnf692

Jun 20, 2022
As much as I love this game, I do not think this update (v0-4-7) was very good. The beginning with Amelia was great, but things immediately took a nosedive after that. The MC is suddenly retarded for no reason other than plot convenience.

1) MC refuses to tell Amelia, Merida, or Frida to be wary of Taron. The excuse given is that he doesn't want to involve them, but his presence around them is already involving them.
2) MC decides, for no legitimate reason, to leave Amelia unattended in town, so that he can go back and find Sabrina
2a) MC conveniently forgets that he has super speed and could've gone from Amelia to Sabrina and back in little more than an instant
2b) MC doesn't realize that he could just go back to Sabrina's stand the next day

Eliza also conveniently forgets that she has super speed and that she can climb walls and ceilings whilst sneaking through the castle, although this is a nitpick since it didn't ultimately hinder her, due to Alice's invisibility potion.

Non-sequitur H-scenes of Kelly masturbating and then Eliza's mom lezzing out with 2 randos, with generic lower quality models, are to me pretty worthless, but I suppose someone might like those scenes.

Both exposing Taron's evil to the royal family and having the Guild and the girls saving Amelia and MC are good ideas for plot points (reminds me of Bentley saving Sly and Murray and then exposing the Contessa in Sly 2) but the execution in setting up the scenario is lacking, to say the least.

Bob69

Uploading the World
Uploader
Donor
Compressor
Mar 2, 2019
Nephilim [v0.4.7] [BuuPlays] - Update only

The patch may break your game, use at your own risk.
If you missed it you can find the old Update only patch HERE.

Universal: v0.4.6 -> v0.4.7 [60,24 MB]
- - - -

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

rahkshi01

Dec 31, 2018
This had to be the dumbest update this game has ever had. Seriously after all that we have been shown that the MC can do and what Nephilims are this is how it progresses? The MC just lets himself get put in the dungeon. Seriously? This entire time the threat of a dungeon seemed like a dumb joke based on how strong the MC is and never taken seriously, but this is how the scenario went down? We have been shown the MC literally wiping out the pirate's cove and are even told of the other amazing things he has done from his cellmate and you want me to believe he just lets all this happen? What kind of stupid writing is this anyway? It is bad enough that he has had to be ingratiating himself to these worthless royals and nobles, but now capturing him while Taron just stands there? When that happened I realized the writing had reached a next level of stupidity.

Let's get this straight at this point Taron is not a threat and could easily be eliminated at any time. The royal guards and the king are basically insects in the sight of the MC. This would be the perfect moment to just end the farce and let them know there place, and kill Taron. If anyone intervenes just swat them aside like the flies they are. If it is that we have to find the princess, who I really don't care about, then let the MC be given the option of after demonstrating to them their place go look for her or forget her. The only reason why these events are even allowed to occur is for terrible plot convenience which is only supported by terrible and nonsensical writing. It doesn't make sense and is not believable it is just frustratingly dumb. Before anyone uses the excuse of oh Taron could scheme this or that, it is just rendered useless when we are shown in the past of what the MC can do and all those supposed schemes can just be bulldozed over.

Take for example the scene in the castle, where the king orders to take the MC to the dungeon. This is Taron's plan, but what if the MC just said no. We know how that would go, they'd try and then they'd be in for the shock of their lives, be put in their place, Taron would either be tortured or dead and the MC would just leave to go about his business after FINALLY asserting his dominance. But no we get something that makes no senes instead. What's the point of being this powerful, having all these abilities and being a Nephilim if none of it comes into play when it counts. That plus the whole lack of ability or choice to influence how the scenes go is really damaging this VN. I keep comparing this and other fantasy/magic based VNs to Ataegina in terms of the writing, pacing and choices. In that game it literally made you feel that you were powerful as you increased in power and demonstrated that to other characters and had a myriad amount of choices on how the scenes played out unlike here, where you are supposed to powerful but are really not and it as useless when it counts for plot reasons and there are no real choices other than some with the girls. How is it even going to go after it is resolved? Just a sorry pat on the back from the king and go on our way. The MC should make the king beg for forgiveness down on his face on his hand and knees for having to put up with this, which he shouldn't have had to do in the first place if he just acted a little assertive or with common sense for once.

May 7, 2023
This had to be the dumbest update this game has ever had. Seriously after all that we have been shown that the MC can do and what Nephilims are this is how it progresses? The MC just lets himself get put in the dungeon. Seriously? This entire time the threat of a dungeon seemed like a dumb joke based on how strong the MC is and never taken seriously, but this is how the scenario went down? We have been shown the MC literally wiping out the pirate's cove and are even told of the other amazing things he has done from his cellmate and you want me to believe he just lets all this happen? What kind of stupid writing is this anyway? It is bad enough that he has had to be ingratiating himself to these worthless royals and nobles, but now capturing him while Taron just stands there? When that happened I realized the writing had reached a next level of stupidity.

Let's get this straight at this point Taron is not a threat and could easily be eliminated at any time. The royal guards and the king are basically insects in the sight of the MC. This would be the perfect moment to just end the farce and let them know there place, and kill Taron. If anyone intervenes just swat them aside like the flies they are. If it is that we have to find the princess, who I really don't care about, then let the MC be given the option of after demonstrating to them their place go look for her or forget her. The only reason why these events are even allowed to occur is for terrible plot convenience which is only supported by terrible and nonsensical writing. It doesn't make sense and is not believable it is just frustratingly dumb. Before anyone uses the excuse of oh Taron could scheme this or that, it is just rendered useless when we are shown in the past of what the MC can do and all those supposed schemes can just be bulldozed over.

Take for example the scene in the castle, where the king orders to take the MC to the dungeon. This is Taron's plan, but what if the MC just said no. We know how that would go, they'd try and then they'd be in for the shock of their lives, be put in their place, Taron would either be tortured or dead and the MC would just leave to go about his business after FINALLY asserting his dominance. But no we get something that makes no senes instead. What's the point of being this powerful, having all these abilities and being a Nephilim if none of it comes into play when it counts. That plus the whole lack of ability or choice to influence how the scenes go is really damaging this VN. I keep comparing this and other fantasy/magic based VNs to Ataegina in terms of the writing, pacing and choices. In that game it literally made you feel that you were powerful as you increased in power and demonstrated that to other characters and had a myriad amount of choices on how the scenes played out unlike here, where you are supposed to powerful but are really not and it as useless when it counts for plot reasons and there are no real choices other than some with the girls.
Fully agree, MC this update reminded me of the protagonist from "The Falling Reloaded" or whatever that dropped angel/demon game was from a few months ago.

The D0n

Feb 7, 2020
Fully agree, MC this update reminded me of the protagonist from "The Falling Reloaded" or whatever that dropped angel/demon game was from a few months ago.
Was that the one with the guy from Hell who became a emo high school attendee?

Bad writing can destroy great renders and starts... myself this game started going downhill since the forced Pirate relation. All I wanted to do was char her and get on with conquering.

MiltonPowers

Forum Fanatic
Jul 26, 2023
I was a little disappointed in the update, particularly, the MC's arrest and imprisonment. I get that it was a storyline and a chance for the other team members to do something brave and heroic without him and show their abilities and show that they are worthy members too. Particularly Eliza and Luna being shown to be extremely powerful in their own fields, but I don't think it was handled in a good way. Perhaps, a comment from MC that he'll just sit back here in the dungeon and give them a chance before getting involved would have helped me feel better about it.

I also thought that he hadn't seen Sabrina for a couple of months (at most) and forgotten what she looked like. Weird.

A chance to be mad at Mei for a little bit before forgiving her, would have been nice too.

On the plus side, I really liked the relationship development with Amelia, I felt it took a big step forward in this update. But seeing Kelly, reminded me that (for those of us on Pearl's path), we haven't see her in such a long time and haven't even kissed yet. FWIW, Luna's path needs to get some forward movement too.

Reactions: johnmnf692
4.00 star(s) 69 Votes