May 18, 2019
Hello, on a new mac, it gives this error when I try to open:
Code:
```
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/scripts/define/items_def.rpy", line 24, in script
    init python:
  File "game/scripts/define/items_def.rpy", line 44, in <module>
    file_handler = logging.FileHandler('error_log.txt')
OSError: [Errno 30] Read-only file system: '/error_log.txt'

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
    init python:
  File "/private/var/folders/7c/t3glmpz57zlcd2bdvly88sj40000gn/T/AppTranslocation/F43A6566-4EBD-4084-BC96-2C460014B378/d/MushokuHarem.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/ast.py", line 823, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "/private/var/folders/7c/t3glmpz57zlcd2bdvly88sj40000gn/T/AppTranslocation/F43A6566-4EBD-4084-BC96-2C460014B378/d/MushokuHarem.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/python.py", line 1178, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec(bytecode, globals, locals)
  File "lib/python3.9/logging/__init__.py", line 1146, in __init__
  File "lib/python3.9/logging/__init__.py", line 1175, in _open

macOS-14.4.1-arm64-arm-64bit arm64
Ren'Py 8.2.3.24061702
MushokuHarem Alphav3
Tue Aug 20 02:21:48 2024
```
Looking forward to play the game!

Yamemai

Nov 1, 2017
Saw update, goes to read changelog
Added Equipment Leveling System (With Randomized Stat Roll Increases)
Ugh, I hated this. Makes it annoying to get good stats on units/gear w/o a bucket load amount of save scumming.

Reactions: darknessxxv

TwiztidSinX

Game Developer
Jul 11, 2021
Not having a map or a quest indicator or some form of direction makes this almost unplayable if you aren't willing to randomly click around because you like the girls.

EDIT: Apparently I'm wrong and there is a map, but at first it was only saying "Wait?" Might be a bug, might be an error, might just be an opportunity for improvement.
Interesting you map imagebutton said wait when you clicked on it? Or are you just talking about the textbutton "Wait" at the top right of your screen? The textbutton was added because certain events can only take place at certain times of day, and I try to listen to all feedback from people, (Does not mean I will implement everything everyone asks for, just that I do read it all, and take it into consideration.) A user asked for a way to move time forward. I am not a fan of using textbuttons if I can avoid it because while they have their benefits (Can be translated rather easily) The downside is they don't look... "Clean?" Enough does that make sense? Sorry if it doesn't sometimes the thoughts in my head can't be put into words properly lol. So it is on my todo list to change that wait textbutton to an image button. But I would need it to be easily understandable no matter what language you speak. Like at first I thought hmm... a clock? But then I thought... but maybe someone would think that just opens a clock menu and ignore it? Now I am thinking what about an animated style button...? Like the default is a clock, but when you hover over it the hour hand moves forward like 3 hours? you click it and boom moves from Dawn to Morning or Morning to Afternoon so on and so forth... hmm... adding that to my notes.

TwiztidSinX

Game Developer
Jul 11, 2021
What is the stat for accuracy the second battle took ages because I keep missing attacks or is dodge the way to make fight harder?
Your accuracy is a formula based on your level vs your opponents. For every level your opponent is above you, you have a 1% chance to miss. But in my testing it feels closer to a 10% per level. So there is an issue with what the code says should be happening vs what feels like is happening. Long story short hit like level 20-25 before moving up the ranks.

TwiztidSinX

Game Developer
Jul 11, 2021
Saw update, goes to read changelog

Ugh, I hated this. Makes it annoying to get good stats on units/gear w/o a bucket load amount of save scumming.
Oh actually no, I wouldnt stress the gacha mechanics at all. You can get free dummy strong gear like we are talking OP Cheating levels of gear just by beating the 25 matches at each rank. Also the gear leveling and stat allocation makes it pretty easy, when I was testing it I beat every rank at 25 matches each using only white gear and only using Rudues. So yea I think it may be still to easy. But also since we have the multiple other regions coming out, I wanted to leave room to make the battles harder later in those regions.

TwiztidSinX

Game Developer
Jul 11, 2021
Code:
```

While running game code:
    init python:

Full traceback:
    init python:
  File "/private/var/folders/7c/t3glmpz57zlcd2bdvly88sj40000gn/T/AppTranslocation/F43A6566-4EBD-4084-BC96-2C460014B378/d/MushokuHarem.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/ast.py", line 823, in execute
  File "/private/var/folders/7c/t3glmpz57zlcd2bdvly88sj40000gn/T/AppTranslocation/F43A6566-4EBD-4084-BC96-2C460014B378/d/MushokuHarem.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/python.py", line 1178, in py_exec_bytecode

Ren'Py 8.2.3.24061702
MushokuHarem Alphav3
```
Hmm... have you played the game before? I am keeping it 100 with you, I have never used a mac, and have no idea about how to fix mac issues. But I am going to do some goggle-fu on your error code and see what comes up, I will update you in hm.... set your timer for 10mins hows that?

TwiztidSinX

Game Developer
Jul 11, 2021
Code:
```

While running game code:
    init python:

Full traceback:
    init python:

Ren'Py 8.2.3.24061702
MushokuHarem Alphav3
```
Well that didn't even take me 10 minutes, I went to blackbox ai. and was told exactly what is going on. Let me paste exactly what I was sent, as I am sure as a Mac user it will make more sense to you than to me.

The error you're seeing is due to macOS's security feature called "App Translocation." This feature is designed to protect users from running potentially harmful software. When a user runs an app that has been downloaded from the internet, macOS may run it in a temporary read-only location, which is why the game cannot create or write to error_log.txt.

Here are a few ways to handle this:

1. Move the App out of Quarantine: The player can move the app to a different directory (like Applications) and run it from there. This should disable App Translocation and allow the game to write files normally.
  2. Specify a Writable Directory: Instead of writing to the root directory (/), you can specify a directory within the user's home directory or use Ren'Py's built-in methods for logging that will automatically use a writable directory. For example:
    import os
    log_path = os.path.join(renpy.config.savedir, "error_log.txt")
    file_handler = logging.FileHandler(log_path)
    This will write the log file to the game's save directory, which should be writable on all platforms.
  3. Inform the User: Let the player know that they might need to move the game to the Applications folder or another directory where they have write permissions.

I would say options 1 or 3 seem to be what will fix your issue.
If you have never had this issue happen to you before, on any other games, my guess would be it is due to persistence. Which is the way that Ren'Py allows your version of the game to for the lack of a better term modify the games files. Which is what I did for allowing infinite items. A process called Pickling and Un-Pickling. The way I understand it, it takes your character, all their items and stats, and "pickles them" when you save the game. Then Un-Pickles them when you load. It was way over my head when I was trying to understand it lol. But I was able to make it work lol

TwiztidSinX

Game Developer
Jul 11, 2021
I mean, this series was already a harem, and he's already started putting babies in them.
The game will eventually have pregnancy. Though the trick is to stay in the guidelines. There can not be any underaged characters AT ALL shown for even ONE FRAME in the game. So since we are only in the first of 5 regions, which each region will have a minimum of 3 story updates. I don't plan on having characters pregnant for the next what? 2 years? While I am making this game. It will be a thing during the last update though. You know the happily ever after ending kinda situation. Though if you wanna check out something cool, I am currently working on upgrading some UI elements while I wait on some maps to get finished. I just finished the new book UI, and made a post about it on my patreon. But here is a link to the video.

TwiztidSinX

Game Developer
Jul 11, 2021
I can't open the inventory unless I am transferring items to chest or fridge
Yea I just tested that too. The get current character command is instantly crashing. I don't understand why that is only effecting the android version of things.... Hmm.... I need to look into this, I will post a patch and @ you as soon as I figure it out. I know that a lot of players have been playing on Joiplay using the PC version on their android devices. That is obviously not a solution to the issue, though if you want to play the game right now, that is a work around while I sort this issue out.

Reactions: Bobdon

TwiztidSinX

Game Developer
Jul 11, 2021
So Futa isn't on the list of tags you'll never add? What a blessed day!
Yup if its not on the list of nono tags, then there is always a chance, though like with my other game, any tags that many find for a lack of a better term "problematic" I always make sure it is avoidable, and generally needs to be toggled on in the preferences menus. For example I do have a Futa character in my game Her Fall, where if you play with futa turned off she is just a bit of a pushy/controlling chick, where as with futa on she takes a more dominant role in the orgy scenes. Well that and she has a dick lol. So futa off she is typically only in MF situations but futa on its typically FF Though there is one scene in the latest update where she fucks a dude. I wasn't sure if that would even be something people who are into futa would want to see so I added an extra layer where you had to pick yes that you wanted to see that scene lol. So I try to go out of my way to make sure you know what your going to see and that you want to see it.

Discontented

Mar 19, 2018
The game will eventually have pregnancy. Though the trick is to stay in the guidelines. There can not be any underaged characters AT ALL shown for even ONE FRAME in the game. So since we are only in the first of 5 regions, which each region will have a minimum of 3 story updates. I don't plan on having characters pregnant for the next what? 2 years? While I am making this game. It will be a thing during the last update though. You know the happily ever after ending kinda situation. Though if you wanna check out something cool, I am currently working on upgrading some UI elements while I wait on some maps to get finished. I just finished the new book UI, and made a post about it on my patreon. But here is a link to the video.

Oh I wasn't commenting on the game's future, I was making a joke about the context of the anime itself.

TwiztidSinX

Game Developer
Jul 11, 2021
Oh I wasn't commenting on the game's future, I was making a joke about the context of the anime itself.
Ah right on, but yea, I was working on the alpha 1 of the game for around 6 months behind the scenes without really letting people know about it. I had models made and story aspects done that included Rudeus's children, then the famous thing where Patreon hit Corrupted Kingdoms with the banhammer happened and I was like um..... Oh so no kids at all... got it... remove all of that... Which does make it a more difficult story to tell, as his kids are kinda like the whole point of the end game, I want to bring them back in as adults, but I can't work out how to do that properly and have it "Make Sense" story wise. So at the moment I am just sticking my fingers in my ears and pretending they don't exist lol.

TwiztidSinX

Game Developer
Jul 11, 2021
I can't open the inventory unless I am transferring items to chest or fridge
OK So I worked on this ever since you brought up the issue, and I FINALLY solved the issue. Now I know you probably don't care about the details. But as I always do my best to be transparent on everything I am going to give them all anyways, so it's up to you to continue reading this post or not.

Essentially the big change from Beta 2 to Alpha 3 aside from all the new systems I installed was I took the chance to upgrade my RenPy version to 8.2.3, why does this matter? Well see when a dev updates the Renpy version it is all but guaranteed it will corrupt old saves. Which is why a lot of these games that have been around for a long time are still using Renpy version 7.x.x. Since I knew that adding the new stats to the characters was already going to corrupt save files anyways, I wanted to make sure it was the last time (Fingers crossed) that any players on this game needed to worry about their saves being reset, which has happened on 3 out of 4 of the games updates. Mainly due to me changing core features to the game that affected already saved stuff. The issue though was that while the PC/Linux and Mac versions of the game were built on 8.2.3, the android version was still built using 8.1.1 Which is the version I used before. But some of the core new features that 8.2.3 brought were actually required for the code to work. Which is why shit went sideways. It all came down to me not knowing what java Paths are? So I didn't understand how to get it to work. But since you brought it to my attention I buckled down and learned the ancient ways of Java PATH! A bit of googling later and yay it works. Heres the thing though right. I just did a metric FUCKTON of changes to the game this morning. Not adding story content, as I have a mapper working on the new maps for the new story update, and a writer working on writing the new story content itself. My role as well as being the lead dev on this project is the animator and the coder/scripter. So while I am waiting on them I did some coding when I first woke up this morning, idk if you watched the video I linked in a reply to someone....? Sorry already forgot their name, but essentially I added a bunch of stuff, UI improvements an animated button for the help menu, moving all the battle scene stuff into the book so that you dont have to go all the way to the Mercenary group just to battle. Changed the arrows to be bright red so their easier to see. Removed the ENTIRE Food Energy Cleanliness system. Removed the time of day moving forward after every battle thing. (BTW I did all that due to fan feedback, my rule of thumb is 10 posts from 10 different people and I add it in, unless it is something I am morally against.) SO I don't want to just upload the same version, so heres what I am going to do. I am going to add the new code into the game, and for this update ONLY I am going to add in all those nifty changes that I made today. But it is currently almost 1am where I live I have been up since 5am. So I am going to go to bed, when I wake up tomorrow I will post a Alpha v0.35 right here to F95 no waiting on patreon for this release. This is because there were A LOT of people with issues this release and I want to make it up to people, and hopefully these changes are things that people want. So look forward to that tomorrow and hopefully you will enjoy the game! Have a good night.

• Red Heart
Reactions: anoneemous

Bobdon

Oct 16, 2017
so i redownloaded on pc and still dont know how to access the inventory to equip item?

Shadow135

Feb 12, 2018
Just saying, if you wanna add children or incest in the game, start using SuscribeStars instead of Patreon. Patreon takes a high cut and are bastards, SuscribeStars takes a lower cut from the game donations, plus it lets you do whatever the f*ck you want if it ain't borderline ilegal.

I just wanted to read comments here, since i'm not ... really in love with this game, less without being able to fuck Zenith, + Rudeus looks ugly asf, but you're trying your best and that's okay :p

If you need any help regarding equipment, balancing, and stuff that doesn't seem adequate to the game, lmk and i'll give it a look + bug reports

2.30 star(s) 3 Votes