VN Ren'Py Heartsworn Abyss [v0.2p] [sky blue aster]

5.00 star(s) 3 Votes

skyblueaster

Game Developer
Oct 31, 2023
Man I am torn on this one! Sounds like the quality is high, but the redhead girl is so gorgeous I don't want to see her corrupted. Unless he includes a vanilla path will have to skip this one.
Oh… this question gets asked a lot lmao. YES there is a vanilla path haha.

This game is updated on https://f95zone.to/sam/latest_alpha, but when you open the thread, it's not updated. Super confusing :KEK:
Ah, that was because v0.2 was leaked early but the game was not properly bumped at that time. A lot of people missed the v0.2 update if they weren't already following the thread.

I told the mods about it and they properly bumped it. I figured more eyes would be good since we desperately need the help, haha.
Obviously, I'm not happy about the game being leaked, but if people are gonna play it, I want them to base their impressions on the latest version with bugs fixed. I’m a bit… proud when it comes to my product lmao.

Don't worry, v0.3 will be coming soon, so you will get your cake soon Enlight. :3

Last edited:

Klab040855

Mar 25, 2019
Will the protagonist and the FMC have H-scenes together? And will the FMC have NTR after they get together? I prefer NTR when the characters are already dating.

Sossse

Apr 15, 2022
i know this is a heavy spoiler to the story but i just got to ask as vaguely as possible: will there be a "happy ending" route for the main couple?

skyblueaster

Game Developer
Oct 31, 2023
Will the protagonist and the FMC have H-scenes together? And will the FMC have NTR after they get together? I prefer NTR when the characters are already dating.
I actually do want some vanilla scenes to balance out the NTR. However, funds are severely limited and NTR scenes take priority since that's the majority of readers.

When we have more subs, I will revisit vanilla scenes since… they make the NTR even more-soulcrushing. :D

NTR happens before and after they meet, depending on your choices.

i know this is a heavy spoiler to the story but i just got to ask as vaguely as possible: will there be a "happy ending" route for the main couple?
Possible but not easy to obtain! It requires some trickery during choices so I expect most people to get cucked lmao. :)

Has anybody got this working on latest joiplay? It just crashes on me on startup.
Sorry, I can't vouch for unauthorized platforms. Only way to be sure it works is to download it from Patreon and play on PC.

On the bright side, I'm looking into official Android support once things get settled and I can allocate funds toward it. Like hiring a coder to work out Android-specific coding.

I know Android support comes with Ren'Py, but there's always weird bugs and random jank that needs playtesting, and I'm too much of a perfectionist to release some buggy but playable mess.

JohnSmith7

Aug 31, 2016
Bros got almost 2GB of audio in the game and like 5 CG. Totally confused where that file size came from for a bit.

Dev I read your comments about having a super long first sex scene with over 15k words. I would gather more feedback but personally I wouldnt recommend that. My main gripe with JP games is the typical VN ones have super long over-dialogued sex scenes where every single movement is explained in detail. The best sex scenes are the ones that balance dialogue and art. Enough dialogue to entice the player, but not too much to get them bored. 15k words sounds like the boring ones. Sounds like one where im holding down the CTRL button. Especially if those 15k words are spread across 4 or 5 CG.

Reactions: skyblueaster

skyblueaster

Game Developer
Oct 31, 2023
Bros got almost 2GB of audio in the game and like 5 CG. Totally confused where that file size came from for a bit.

Dev I read your comments about having a super long first sex scene with over 15k words. I would gather more feedback but personally I wouldnt recommend that. My main gripe with JP games is the typical VN ones have super long over-dialogued sex scenes where every single movement is explained in detail. The best sex scenes are the ones that balance dialogue and art. Enough dialogue to entice the player, but not too much to get them bored. 15k words sounds like the boring ones. Sounds like one where im holding down the CTRL button. Especially if those 15k words are spread across 4 or 5 CG.
Regarding size:
I removed a lot of excess audio files in v0.3, so the final file size is about 2GB total now. I left some backup sound files in v0.2 since I was testing and didn't want to break things. Previously, all sound files were in OGG for max space savings, but I decided that leaving them in WAV was higher quality and 500MB wasn't worth me constantly converting things to OGG. Might suck for uploaders/repackers, but that might be a plus LMAO.

Regarding H-scenes:
I have some bad news. The 15k word H-scene in v0.3 might be closer to 20k words, since I kept cooking… ><

I uh… come from the Waffle NTR tradition where sex scenes are giga long and sweaty. Personally, I like them because I revisit H-scenes several times. Extra-detailed, line-by-line NTR corruption is so goddamn hot (especially from the FMC POV view). I never get bored of them since I can spend an entire afternoon reading only one part of an H-scene, but that's me ahaha. Sometimes, I find JVN moege scenes too short, even.

But I grew up with JAV and eroge, so 15-40 minute H-scenes are very much the norm for me. I find them perfect because one can always skip the foreplay/fingering/licking/massage scenes if one wishes, but a short H-scene is forever doomed since you can’t "add" content if it’s lacking, only take away from it. (For me the buildup is even hotter than the sex, so I spend lots and lots of attention on it.)

In the game, H-scenes are actually 1CG with lots of variations (fingering, vaginal, molesting, sumata, etc.) not 4-5 CGs.
I… sadly don't have the money to allocate 5 CGs in one scene, that would be over $3000 and I think that’s better used to make scenes for other settings/characters in later chapters. If I have extra money, I'd probably animate the one scene to make it even hotter, but 4-5 CG in one scene is definitely too many resources, especially with voice acting thrown in.

Really sorry if I misled you anywhere! I will happily refund your initial pledge if you subbed and the game didn't match your expectations. (Don't worry, I'll still send you v0.3 after that! Or… you can get it from here, I suppose haha.)

I totally understand you wanting more CG variety. I love seeing lots of beautiful CGs too! It’s something I unfortunately can’t fix in the near future (I can commisison 1 new artwork every 2 months with my meager funds), but I will definitely try to get more of them once I have the resources to. The AI temptation is certainly there ahaha, but I must resist!

Sorry for the long post T_T .

EDIT: I will see if I can truncate H-scenes (maybe make them an optional dialog choice?) if the sex scenes are too long. Will survey readers after v0.3 releases, which I’m currently working on. I think they're just right but I will always accept feedback if it's offered.

Last edited:

skyblueaster

Game Developer
Oct 31, 2023
I shared a new CG here and someone reported my post for advertising/spam. It got removed afterward by mods.
There was a joke about supporting me "or else…", but I think it made some people upset.

Here is the CG if anyone’s curious. In the future, I think I might keep future art updates and WIP to the Discord/Patreon. I don't want to make people upset by posting sketches and WIP when they are waiting to download game version updates.

Sorry if I annoyed anyone.

akari_stungun.jpg

Akari: I’m here to eat crêpes and zap ugly bastards. And I’m all outta crêpes…

Last edited:
Reactions: Dragonthick

readgms

Aug 12, 2024
I shared a new CG here and someone reported my post for advertising/spam. It got removed afterward by mods.
There was a joke about supporting me "or else…", but I think it made some people upset.

Here is the CG if anyone’s curious. In the future, I think I might keep future art updates and WIP to the Discord/Patreon. I don't want to make people upset by posting sketches and WIP when they are waiting to download game version updates.

Sorry if I annoyed anyone.

View attachment 4069779

Akari: I’m here to eat crêpes and zap ugly bastards. And I’m all outta crêpes…
Still no Japanese text? Are you not planning to launch the game in Japan? You pretty much have everything you need for that and that should be your first priority. There would be no funding problems then and you could make more cg for the game.

earthfire

Sep 13, 2016
When we have more subs, I will revisit vanilla scenes since… they make the NTR even more-soulcrushing. :D
I can understand the appeal of that but I'm mostly the opposite myself. Though, while I'm sometimes in the mood for such soul crushing stories like that. Most of the time though, I much prefer having some darker scenes to make the wholesome scenes better by showing the main characters overcoming the adversity.

skyblueaster

Game Developer
Oct 31, 2023
Still no Japanese text? Are you not planning to launch the game in Japan? You pretty much have everything you need for that and that should be your first priority. There would be no funding problems then and you could make more cg for the game.
Erm… it was mainly for English NTR fans since there aren't many long-form NTR VN available. But you do raise a good point.

It would cost thousands of dollars (current chapters are hitting 50,000 words right now). I don’t have that much upfront, but I can start saving toward it (means less CG in the meantime).

Problem is my marketing skills are absolute zero. If people don’t even know of my game here, then I’m not even sure how Japanese people will know about it!

I will try my best to look into the Japanese market! :3

I can understand the appeal of that but I'm mostly the opposite myself. Though, while I'm sometimes in the mood for such soul crushing stories like that. Most of the time though, I much prefer having some darker scenes to make the wholesome scenes better by showing the main characters overcoming the adversity.
Well, the darker scenes do enhance the vanilla, since they're not totally unavoidable! (So I guess it's take your pick?) :3

Reactions: readgms
5.00 star(s) 3 Votes