Dessolos

Devoted Member
Jul 25, 2017
Anyone else hoping for a valentine's day themed update one day?

Like if on the good guy path we can choose a LI who we can ask out on a date and buy them flowers or something.
I don't know how a scene like that would go on the other paths though maybe he forces the LI or something?
that would be a wonderful idea could be a different date for every LI tho some might see that as a waste of dev time since really wouldn't move the story forward. but I would love it. I think I would pick Risa as I personally feel she needs the most love out of all the LI right now given her situation

• Yay, new update!
  • Red Heart
Reactions: Joshy92 and armond

Dee_Daa

Jul 21, 2021
Anyone else hoping for a valentine's day themed update one day?

Like if on the good guy path we can choose a LI who we can ask out on a date and buy them flowers or something.
I don't know how a scene like that would go on the other paths though maybe he forces the LI or something?
cant imagine it...evil guy would make ashe eat the flowers like a cow :cry: maybe on the corruption path

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
that would be a wonderful idea could be a different date for every LI tho some might see that as a waste of dev time since really wouldn't move the story forward. but I would love it. I think I would pick Risa as I personally feel she needs the most love out of all the LI right now given her situation
Yeah, I was thinking no matter who we choose the date happens in the same location but the dialogue is different depending on if we're fuck buddies or in a serious relationship.

Can you imagine Mason sitting in a fancy restaurant? He would probably feel out of place but Guy could show how much he means to him and stuff.
Plus I just want to see Mason with a big smile sitting across from me with roses in the centre of the table.

• Haha
Reactions: 4kechii and armond

NebulousShooter

Engaged Member
Donor
Oct 24, 2018

Hey, folks! Hope you're all doing well this week! The weather's changing here in my part of the midwest, and with that comes the return of my regular sinus issues. I've currently got so much pressure behind my left eye that it's just constantly watering. Which is most un-cool. But, nothing that a hot compress, a neti pot, and some mentholatum ointment can't solve!
Annoying health issues aside, work on Chapter 10 continues. At present, I'm done with the first 1/3 of Mason's shopping scene, which sees the player returning to The Posh Pit, introducing Mason and Viola, and taking a phone call of some importance. This section got a little annoying, because I was kind of clumsy with some of Viola's variables the last time we saw her.
So, I had to clean up some of that code at the start of this chapter, and then assign and re-assign some variables, to more accurately and simply track her disposition towards the player, and the actions the player's taken to that point. To make things worse, I forgot the clothing store set is weirdly slow to render. Despite my best efforts to optimize it, most of the renders took between 25-30 minutes, and a few even stretched to 60. Madness! It's exceedingly rare that any of mine take even 20 minutes, and I like to keep them closer to 10.
Those long render times contributed to a little rendering hiccup last night, where my PC went to sleep while RenderQueue was actively processing images. So, instead of waking up to 30 fancy new renders, I woke up to.. 2. Hence why I only have one image to share, today. I have more, but I'm trying to keep certain things a surprise for this chapter. All that said, I changed my PC's sleep settings and re-started the queue before going to work this morning. So, I'll hopefully return home to find some fresh renders waiting for me. And after that, we'll likely never return to The Posh Pit again. :'D
With that first 1/3 of Mason's shopping scene done, I'm now moving into the next bit, where the player helps select some fashionable new duds for his ward. These dress-up scenes are always fun, since they're relatively low-effort, but high reward. I mean, who doesn't like to see a character cycle through an assortment of sometimes sexy, sometimes comical new clothes? Plus, it's a nice way to have a fun, dynamic conversation scene, while one of the characters is in a state of undress. I'm already into the renders for this section, and so far, so good! Kinda hoping to finish it up tomorrow, honestly.
Once that second section is done, I'll be doing the small wrap-up to that scene, where the player will have another opportunity to hire Viola as his maid, pay for the clothes, and drop off/pick Mason up from the optometrist. Then, I just need to do Mason's ero scene, and I'll be done with Mason's content for the chapter. With that, 90% of the update will be in the bag, with only Gabby's content remaining, and a pending release date for mid-October.
I'll leave you with that, for today! But as always, take care of yourselves, and thank you for your support!

OwOhXD

Jun 13, 2018
Hello friends, the workupload link for the taboo content patch isn't working for me. Can someone send a different link for it? much appreciation for those able to help.

NeonGhosts

Game Developer
Mar 20, 2019
NeonGhosts Have you released any sort of timeline? I've tried to keep up with this thread but it derails pretty easily as times.
Hey! I try not to do timelines, because there are just too many variables, and people are inevitably disappointed when I miss them. I initially began this update with the plan that it would basically be a few short scenes, ending around 600 renders. It's now close to 900, and will likely end around 1200+. In addition, there's unavoidable life stuff like the fact I've gotten sick with Covid and/or flu crap twice this year, and am currently trying to push through a sinus infection.

All that said, the goal is to be done by October 14th, and start rolling out updates to various subscriber tiers. Trying to wrap up Mason's content by the end of this month, and that'll put me in a good position to complete the Gabby and Madison scenes over the first two weeks of October.

The_Undying

Jul 20, 2021
Hey! I try not to do timelines, because there are just too many variables, and people are inevitably disappointed when I miss them. I initially began this update with the plan that it would basically be a few short scenes, ending around 600 renders. It's now close to 900, and will likely end around 1200+. In addition, there's unavoidable life stuff like the fact I've gotten sick with Covid and/or flu crap twice this year, and am currently trying to push through a sinus infection.

All that said, the goal is to be done by October 14th, and start rolling out updates to various subscriber tiers. Trying to wrap up Mason's content by the end of this month, and that'll put me in a good position to complete the Gabby and Madison scenes over the first two weeks of October.
Nah, that's fair. I wouldn't ever expect a deadline to be terribly accurate. I was just curious what the ballpark was. Thanks.

4.50 star(s) 201 Votes