f9account

Engaged Member
Mar 20, 2020
Was Cyberpunk badly optimized then at start? I only started CP quite recently (after the last patch) and it runs pretty well mostly with my ancient delidded i7-4770k. Only loading times have started to be pretty long and I have thus far ben able to have the sounds start stutter once (game still ran ok otherwise), but I think it might be some generic rare bug about the MoBo sound circuit.

Gotta say I love the game. Much more than the FUBAR Starfield or the "Cheap copy of GTA San Andreas" GTAV combined.

PS. Double-jump leg-cyberware plus air-dash rocks.
PSS. What are the cops complaining in their reports about seven dead cops from cyberpsycho? When my cyberpsychosis kicks in (that is probably the only reasonable explanation for the laughter I hear when I kill someone), I usually kill dozen MaxTacs (three full squads) and probably regular cops in the hundreds-range.
Since you know the game so well, any idea why the game freezes for me as soon as I try to leave the training opening area? The "full" game never loads.

Hardor

May 29, 2020
Since you know the game so well, any idea why the game freezes for me as soon as I try to leave the training opening area? The "full" game never loads.
Are we talking about CP or DZ?

Any ways really hard to say without seeing some crash logs. Might be some outdated drivers, bad CPU, bad GPU, bad RAM or VRAM, incompatible game with some hardware you have or perhaps corrupted on the download copy of the game (usually due to RAM is about to kick the bucket) or something went FUBAR when you patched the game (usually due to CPU or RAM about to kick the bucket or somehow you were able to patch over version you shouldn't be able to, skipping some patch in the middle).

I would try first reinstalling, then another version (another dl source) install and third to ask from the creators what might be up.

f9account

Engaged Member
Mar 20, 2020
Are we talking about CP or DZ?

Any ways really hard to say without seeing some crash logs. Might be some outdated drivers, bad CPU, bad GPU, bad RAM or VRAM, incompatible game with some hardware you have or perhaps corrupted on the download copy of the game (usually due to RAM is about to kick the bucket) or something went FUBAR when you patched the game (usually due to CPU or RAM about to kick the bucket or somehow you were able to patch over version you shouldn't be able to, skipping some patch in the middle).

I would try first reinstalling, then another version (another dl source) install and third to ask from the creators what might be up.
Thanks for your reply. Talking about DZ. I thought my computer can handle it, it's relatively decent...

lnomsim

Sep 12, 2021
Thanks for your reply. Talking about DZ. I thought my computer can handle it, it's relatively decent...
The game has a bad case of memory leak due to a lack of object culling.
The issue is not your computer but the game.

There is a workaround in the version on the front page, but it's not failproof.

Reactions: f9account

Talamae

Sep 2, 2021
I think if we keep the paper map, we should have an X "sticker" for current location. Ivy might have stickers, right? Or something minor like that to keep the feeling of "Survival," but allowing us a form of approximation to our current position.

Shiey420

Nov 12, 2018
The screen is just black after showin the game logo
Just wait for the game to load in. This version takes longer to load.

I think if we keep the paper map, we should have an X "sticker" for current location. Ivy might have stickers, right? Or something minor like that to keep the feeling of "Survival," but allowing us a form of approximation to our current position.
Eventually you will know the map just like your neighbourhood if you play enough.

malicardy

Feb 6, 2019
anyone with access to the discord; has the dev said anything recently about a fix for the current version? This has been a shockingly long time to have a broken release without an official fix...

Lateralus1337

Oct 3, 2019
Whats up with the loading times? I get into a raid in 10 seconds, but hideout takes ages to load.

Also, the hell is the point of clothes, when they get destroyed just as soon as i touch a bush. And I'm not talking about sprinting thorugh thicks growth. Just slowly walking near one...Repair items cost a fortune

Last edited:

ZafiroX3

Sep 28, 2018
You can ignore this opinion if you want, but I think there are more enemies missing, such as small worms that transform into large flies, slimes that fill the protagonist with nuclei when they are with her, which grow when she expels them, and tentacles in the style of Zenomorph eggs that stick to the face or another part of the body.

lewdstufflmao

May 25, 2023
Whats up with the loading times? I get into a raid in 10 seconds, but hideout takes ages to load.

Also, the hell is the point of clothes, when they get destroyed just as soon as i touch a bush. And I'm not talking about sprinting thorugh thicks growth. Just slowly walking near one...Repair items cost a fortune
You can tell what plants break your clothes, if its green and leafy it probably wont, brown and twiggy will. Easy enough to avoid. For me the load times get better after the first load.
You can ignore this opinion if you want, but I think there are more enemies missing, such as small worms that transform into large flies, slimes that fill the protagonist with nuclei when they are with her, which grow when she expels them, and tentacles in the style of Zenomorph eggs that stick to the face or another part of the body.
I dont think hes planning on adding much more non-human things besides "the beast"

Lateralus1337

Oct 3, 2019
You can tell what plants break your clothes, if its green and leafy it probably wont, brown and twiggy will. Easy enough to avoid. For me the load times get better after the first load.
I understand that it's mostly the trees that do that. However, the way they damage the clothes is just stupid. Clothes dont get torn so easily. It should at least be made in such a way, that the top layer (jackets/pants) protect what ever is under it. So they should have a higher resistance to it. I now just walk butt naked since I can't be bothered spending money to repar the gear.

VanillaLover

Jun 15, 2021
However, the way they damage the clothes is just stupid. Clothes dont get torn so easily.
Yes, but remember; this is Poland in an apocalypse.
It should at least be made in such a way, that the top layer (jackets/pants) protect what ever is under it.
It makes sense, but Devolution is either too lazy about it or is busy enough with other things like the gunplay and adult content.

3.60 star(s) 57 Votes