professorx10

Game Developer
Jul 22, 2018
Ok so I enjoyed the Intro although I am surprised Kara let Vincent live.
I know he's gonna be running for the rest of his life or till the Krillen capture him.
But it still given her backstory and what she did for him kinda suprising that she still do's.
Now I'm on free roam part and my computer isn't showing the commodities yet.
I think it was there at the start in the original but I'm now thinking wonder if you made it an Upgrade I need?.

Never mind game just answered that one.

Some of the timeing on events is out of whack if I'm honest for instance I have done hand to hand with Kara.
And I am now upto teaching Kara how to shoot.
And yet I have only now just sat down to a chat with Tiffany,Rachal,Lia and Kara.
Where Kara is now offering to train me in fighting?.
Another example later on still I had a scene of Rachal and Kara in the shower talking about how Kara should try kissing.
But whats one of the things that can happen in the scene's you get when fightraining with Kara in the ships hold.
After she knocks you down?.

So far I can invite Tanya to bed with me which reminded me of a thought I had with the original game.
But I always wondered why it had to be the Capain that invited the girls.
And why after he had got with a girl that a Random girl couldn't just get randy enough to just visit him now and again.
Which he could then decided yes or no to her.
Not sure if it's feasible and/or if it is then it's probably to much work.
Just thought it seemed logical to me atleast given the all female crew that they might get horny too.

Oh well never mind just thinking out loud.
Thank you for your out loud thinking! ;-)

Once you get into the free roaming part where you're free to trade and choose which girl(s) you meet and interact with, pay attention to the list of Miscellaneous Events available. It's always good to have a save game each week if you get a lot of "red" choices (skipped events) so you can go back and catch the events you missed.
The scene with Rachel and Kara in the shower should happen pretty early but it's possible Kara can get to the MC before it. Also, I've modified it somewhat from the original. Originally, Rachel just tried to kiss her on her own (since she's with Alice, girl/girl stuff is ok with her) but Kara is a virgin. Originally it was just a little bit embarrassing for Kara and served no purpose so I let Rachel back up and try to help Kara realize she's been isolated from physical expressions of affection which fits into what happens to Kara much later in the story. Right now, her impulsive kissing the MC during workouts is innocent and doesn't go anywhere for now.

Your thoughts about the girls approaching the MC for 'fun' is unfortunately too much work at this point to re-code the game to have happen. I thought about it but, also, realized things will change. You haven't gotten to Dione Mission yet. I'd like your thoughts AFTER that mission completes. But always remember, MC is the Captain of a ship in space. Discipline, 007, discipline. It is important. :cool: cheers

LWtbo

Feb 11, 2018
From what I played sofar this is a condenced version of the Original with extra scene's.
Dunno what you want me to say about the Dione mission from a story standpoint it made sense.
From a military standpoint it never makes sense didn't in the original or here but it's not about militarily .
If it was then militarily speaking you collect all 3 spider bot's first you then fit one with the improved cutter.
After that you release them all at their spacific targets in one go taking all 3 out at the same time in one big attack.
What you don't do is do is destroy one at a time and hope they are too stupid to figger out how your doing it.
But as I said story wise it works makes the Captain appear tactically inept but for the story it works.
Getting the crew involved in the escape not just Lia was a nice touch.
I was enjoying this to be honest even though sofar it follows the orginal.
That is untill the Astroid mapping plot with the fighter dogfight.

At which point after a couple of similarly disappointing choices I switched the game off for a while.
In other words I rage quit till I cooled down.
Honestly he should of let Tanya fly he's no better himself "I'd better use one of my special moves" yeh right.
Whats the move called how not to kill stuff?.
This is a guy that implys he took on 3 in a simular battle before and won and here he only has two to beat.

This is supossed to be a Veteran if not Ace of mutiple human v krillen fighter battles.
And i wouldn't trust him to hit the barn door if he was inside the barn and the doors were closed.
His only sucessfull move was to let um get behind him and reverse thrust.
And thats something that would only work once.
The second pilot if they are any good as the MC says they are.
Would be unlikely fall for the same trick.

Almost sure one of the codes is wrong it seems to think if I kill the wingman first i'm not then after the leader.
I tried many options useing URM to help.
And the best I have managed is to kill them both but at same time killing the last one alerts the station.
And we still lose the gate.
Has anyone actually completed this sucessfully? I'm curious how?.

My memories not great but I could of sworn you could win in the orginal.
But I also remember it being and automatic fight.
It's not easy to make a convincing Dogfight when it's auto it's even harder when you throw in choices.
And sadly this isn't a convincing one.

You fail the gate gets destroyed whats the point.
All it do's is make you wonder why they would want him to train their pilots.
Sofar its the only part of this game I really have not been impressed by.
Even if you mean this to happen for them to some how find an alternative method to help these two planet's
You still unfortunately make the captain (MC) look incompetent.

Last edited:

professorx10

Game Developer
Jul 22, 2018
From what I played sofar this is a condenced version of the Original with extra scene's.
Dunno what you want me to say about the Dione mission from a story standpoint it made sense.
<edit>
I was enjoying this to be honest even though sofar it follows the orginal.
That is untill the Astroid mapping plot with the fighter dogfight.
<edit>You still unfortunately make the captain (MC) look incompetent.
First I want to thank you for your feedback. You have been helpful.
I'm curious. About the Dione Mission, yes if follows the original plot but I notice you mentioned nothing about the animations I introduced. There were none in the original and I hoped they would add to the scenes effects. Disappointing.
As for the approach of not hitting all targets at once (a correct military strategy) The text explained why the MC didn't and I was limited by the original code as that would have been a major change. . .and it's important plot wise that things should happen on the third effort.

Thanks for your input on the fighter battle. Even though it frustrated you, it gave me valid points.

"Honestly he should of let Tanya fly he's no better himself " have you tried that option? It doesn't end well.

"His only sucessfull move was to let um get behind him and reverse thrust. And thats something that would only work once."
That is a point well made. I was limited by the images I have to work with and I would agree. I may look at this and improve it in the final if I can. Also your points about him 'not able to hit a barn door' are unintended consequences of battle events. I may need to look at that too because he is not incompetent. As he says at one point, 'these guys are elite squadron pilots'.

" And the best I have managed is to kill them both but at same time killing the last one alerts the station.
And we still lose the gate. Has anyone actually completed this sucessfully? I'm curious how?."

Yes it is beatable. You managed to get the "one down" solution. Since you had such a difficult time, there is a 'two down' solution for both of the paths but I have to go back and look at my notes: BUT if memory serves, you must pick choice 1 in the first dogfight menu to get either paths to the two down solution.
BTW, The original game had nothing. The MC saw the fighters, the MC shoots the fighters in one scene each, and that was it. Phht...no action, nothing.

Now something to make you feel a little better, I'm working on a 'walk through' option possibility that could be 'turned on' in the preferences so it would totally remove the puzzle frustration. I hope to include that in the next revision. its WIP

So, all in all, thanks for the feedback. I think I can make this puzzle better and get the right impressions into it.

LWtbo

Feb 11, 2018
Yeh first off I did notice the animation but as they fit the scene I noticed more.
The crew getting a go more which in the orginal I believe never happend.
my comment about the Spider Bombs that I pointed out also happend in the original.
And it wasn't a dig at you or the orginal as I said that may not make sense militarily but it dos for a story.
You couldn't very well have them captured the MC almost beheaded and Lia go supa nova on their ass.
Or your animations while also haveing Kara and co take the guards apart.
If they did it the military way to start with could you.
That wouldn't make much of a story.
No I had no real issue with the way you did it.

I know Tanya would fo been killed if she was flying but then so was the MC more than once trying to get it done.
And the fact the Orginal just had about 4 or so clips of him seeing them then killing them.
Is what I meant by it was Automaic IE. no choices just click and done.
And yes you have tried to make it more Interactive and exciting.
And you nailed the Interactive part.

Also I'm sorry but you do know that atleast a couple of your animations of that dog fight.
Result in the Target being slap center of his screen.
Just as they are when he forces them to overshoot and then kills them.
And yet he doesn't even fire at them.
Even the "one of my special moves" for example I beleive had it.

I admit the "he couldn't hit a barn door if he was inside with the doors shut" comment.
Is a bit harsh since he didn't miss because he didn't even fire.

I'm not trying to have a go here I wasn't lying when I said till then I had enjoyed it.
And tobe honest I'd rather you rewrite the choices to be more logical than have a WT of what choice to make.
Take for example the "Have to use one of my special moves" that really should result in a kill.

I know you say they are both possibly elite pilots but if not atleast very good.
But the MC is also supossed to be Elite he practicaly says so himself.
And "my special moves" you would expect to normaly be reserved for use against other Elite pilots.
Plus as the name implys you would also expect his special move to result in a kill.
Otherwise what is actually special about it?.

Again not trying to have a dig I like what your trying to do with the game as a whole.
I like the game on the whole it's just that whole scene its really not good.

I don't want to discourage you either It's just I have played a lot and I mean alot.
Of both Plane dogfighting and space fighter dogfighting games in my life.
It was a great idea and a good effort but it just doesn't work for me.

Last edited:

professorx10

Game Developer
Jul 22, 2018
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Thank you again for your input.
I copy what you found good and 'less enjoyable.' I'll take your input in mind and review what I did for the following updates. I hope you find the rest of the story enjoyable. There are still a few changes ahead. cheers

LWtbo

Feb 11, 2018
I don't know code but can I ask as the second choice after picking to go for the leader is this correct.
It seems to me that it might be meant to kill the MC's target but it will kill the MC first instead?. screenshot0002.png
Reason I ask is because this one screenshot0003.jpg
Do's kill the MC's Target.

Last edited:

professorx10

Game Developer
Jul 22, 2018
I don't know code but can I ask as the second choice after picking to go for the leader is this correct.
It seems to me that it might be meant to kill the MC's target but it will kill the MC first instead?. View attachment 3922785
Reason I ask is because this one View attachment 3922815
Do's kill the MC's Target.
Simply put, if the choice ends in "jump cap_down" you die.

To get the two down win, you need to get the one 'kill' no matter which side Leader or Wingman you choose, and then get all the "target +1" points you can. There is one for each dogfight scene. If you get all 4 target points and your 1 kill, you get the Two down win. . . which shouldn't be toooo hard as each dogfight should give one or possibly two chances at a point (and one death). The path to two down is different for each side, but both are possible.

good luck.

LWtbo

Feb 11, 2018
Ok thats my bad I thought you might of made it more complicated than choose Leader
Theres nothing wrong with how you have it I was just me over thinking it.:(

Last edited:
Reactions: professorx10

professorx10

Game Developer
Jul 22, 2018
Ok, It's September and I promised myself monthly reports if nothing else.
Well, here it is.
And LWtbo , you might want to read the post for more on the fighter battle.
Thanks,

Reactions: restlez

bitsybobs3

Ultimate Torrent Dude
Donor
Jun 13, 2021
CallistoX-0.80
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with F95Zone and the game developer.
Please note that we do not provide support for games.
For torrent-related issues use here, or join us on !
, . Downloading issues? Look here.​

1.00 star(s) 1 Vote