3.80 star(s) 44 Votes

Imprimis

Feb 11, 2019
While it good to see them being so ambitious, 11 projects for a team of two is pushing things. Plus spreading that out over two different patreons and substar.... They just don't seem to get that focusing on one core product and pushing out reliable updates is what will build up followers and thus more patreons and more money longterm than a bunch of little projects delaying everything. Well, thats my opinion based on observing other projects anyways.

FoolClone

Jul 28, 2018
Talent is there, with no question of it. Over-ambition often is more deleterious than the complete lack of it. It's a shame Bioass is not given it's due as a project with so much potential

Reactions: SmilinJackal

Jacky1x5

May 8, 2019
It really looks like they are purposely not committing to a project to maintain a cash flow, instead of getting it done. I mean how they got an unnamed project planned and possibly working on it at some time and another high ambition project down the line when the first high ambition project is still in the test bed. At best those game projects should be on a list of games you want to do after you finish the current projects, which will not be announced until one or more projects are done or close to being done, were you just lay out the ground plans when close to finalizing the current projects, not doing that when one of the project hasn't even got to an alpha build.

bubblebobble5

Jun 2, 2018
It really looks like they are purposely not committing to a project to maintain a cash flow, instead of getting it done. I mean how they got an unnamed project planned and possibly working on it at some time and another high ambition project down the line when the first high ambition project is still in the test bed. At best those game projects should be on a list of games you want to do after you finish the current projects, which will not be announced until one or more projects are done or close to being done, were you just lay out the ground plans when close to finalizing the current projects, not doing that when one of the project hasn't even got to an alpha build.
I mean, yes. That's rather obvious I thought.

-Hellfire-

Jun 28, 2017
While it good to see them being so ambitious, 11 projects for a team of two is pushing things. Plus spreading that out over two different patreons and substar.... They just don't seem to get that focusing on one core product and pushing out reliable updates is what will build up followers and thus more patreons and more money longterm than a bunch of little projects delaying everything. Well, thats my opinion based on observing other projects anyways.

Imagine if they were working only on Bioasshard...Would be a masterpiece right now...

Emerald_Gladiator

Jun 9, 2017
Yup, I think this one of the problems with Patreon. It basically incentivizes creators NOT to finish their work, since they basically just need to create a nice-looking teaser or demo, then stall with monthly paywall news reports or marginal slow-crawl updates. I imagine many patrons just forget they're subscribed and they bleed money every month without knowing. Reminds me a bit of MatM, which debuted with an excellent demo and huge promise, and then did a whole lot of nothing for 2-3 years or so while hiding behind a paywall for news updates. And now they're repeating the cycle with a new game prototype out now without finishing the previous game.

With Bioasshard, at least they're upfront in saying progress is gonna be crazy slow. And obviously with over half a dozen projects that god knows who wants, we know to expect updates to come maybe about twice a year at most, with this game to be completed ... probably in 3-5 years or so, if that.

TheNextOne

Apr 21, 2020
Imagine if they were working only on Bioasshard...Would be a masterpiece right now...
Well, if the dev is really intentionally spreads their effort on multiple titles to milk the donors, then it would be another Pure Onyx
I mean, it depends on the dev itself: either they are really interested in and focused on getting an actual game out OR they are employing every strategy to intentionally stall development (like a list of titles, each in alpha stage (what you have here) or microupdates every now and then (what pure onyx has) etc.)
If the dev wanted the game to be done - it would be done.

Jacky1x5

May 8, 2019
this honestly sounds like it's going to be a shit show lol
What makes it weird is they recently said they needed to take a break and do so but then come back saying they plan to burn themselves out by added projects and announcing ones they plan to make, like they are some big publisher with 5+ studios and region locations.

Reactions: Dovakeks

Imprimis

Feb 11, 2019
Wondering how many people actually play their other games beside this one :unsure:
I believe they started off making a RPGM game called Punished Mai which they did actually complete and built up some Patreon following with. Other than that, I don't think they have any actual games other than bioass demo, most of those projects are just rendered stills etc or announced and not released.

Reactions: worming

Jacky1x5

May 8, 2019
I'm amazed that people still support this guy. Locking stuff like walkthrough and such behind paywall is just out right scummy if you ask me.
If you are talking about the "how to do mission 1" then you can find that on the Blog, which for some reason is not in the op. As for a walkthrough that is something that was normally sold before, the only difference from way back then and now is that people in the community just make up their own guides for free and can post them online easily. Most of the other stuff is just boosters and early unlocks which is something that is normally sold inside an Official Strategy Guide. As for all the other fault the dev has that could turn people away, but at least they didn't do a Duel Family.

May 25, 2017
I'm amazed that people still support this guy. Locking stuff like walkthrough and such behind paywall is just out right scummy if you ask me.
If you are talking about the "how to do mission 1" then you can find that on the Blog, which for some reason is not in the op. As for a walkthrough that is something that was normally sold before, the only difference from way back then and now is that people in the community just make up their own guides for free and can post them online easily. Most of the other stuff is just boosters and early unlocks which is something that is normally sold inside an Official Strategy Guide. As for all the other fault the dev has that could turn people away, but at least they didn't do a Duel Family.
Besides, the cards are posted here. If you use that and the Unreal Engine Unlocker, you can plow through the game just fine. I don't really see the problem here, just a few extras that patrons get as a bonus.

Last edited:

-Hellfire-

Jun 28, 2017
I still can't do mission 4 because of one of the zombie in a dumpster or w/e just falls and doesn't die after i shot him 9999 times...-_-

Emerald_Gladiator

Jun 9, 2017
I still can't do mission 4 because of one of the zombie in a dumpster or w/e just falls and doesn't die after i shot him 9999 times...-_-
You download the latest update from here/their website? I had that same problem earlier and that bug is fixed in the current version.

3.80 star(s) 44 Votes