Frosty24

Jul 7, 2021
Regarding updating the background images.
I think it depends a lot on what you want to do with the game in the future.

Do you want to release a whole product or do you want to gradually update it?

If the first option, then of course you should replace the background images.
If you plan a long release of updates, then you can ignore the backgrounds for now and focus on the characters. Besides, it's likely that by then there will be someone willing to help you with the images.
Late two cents into it but totally agree with Ermollo. It can totally be a phase thing if foregrounds are completed ahead of backgrounds and you do intend to stage it. Would give us a excuse to play it again and again. wait aren't we doing that already? XD

Frosty24

Jul 7, 2021
I believe that question is for me, and it's local Stable Diffusion on my PC. The models I use vary but I use Pony Diffusion and KIMXL a lot.
Actually its pretty much all in the original images you posted . What I'm curious about is the rig your using. My poor 3060ti 8GB has a hard time of it. Are you a web gui user or you are more into nuts and bolts level stuff for your work? I'm just a big fan of your work. So is she!
00036-3752003308.png

I can see how tedious this could be time wise, so it will be released when its ready. Nothing wrong with waiting. But a little progress report now and then be nice. Thanks for all the great work so far

Mar 27, 2018
Actually its pretty much all in the original images you posted . What I'm curious about is the rig your using. My poor 3060ti 8GB has a hard time of it.
I have a 4090. Your video card is about the minimum needed to reasonably run these models! Unfortunately genAI needs a lot of compute, yeah. There are low-VRAM settings you can use, I believe is good at getting the most out of limited VRAM.

Are you a web gui user or you are more into nuts and bolts level stuff for your work? I'm just a big fan of your work. So is she!
It really depends on the image. Getting stuff with two characters on it right (like sex scenes) is much harder than single-character poses, so there I've done some work with ComfyUI and I get into the weeds with controlnets and stuff.

I generally use SwarmUI, which is can be used for both simple webUI-type generations, but also lets you mess with the internals if you want to. It's a "best of both worlds" kind of tool and I like it a lot.

I can see how tedious this could be time wise, so it will be released when its ready. Nothing wrong with waiting. But a little progress report now and then be nice. Thanks for all the great work so far
I've been very busy with other things and neglecting Cream for a bit, apologies to all who are invested in the project. I intend to get seriously back into it in about a week. Feel free to bother me about it now and then, it doesn't annoy me and it's good to know that people care.

fangwolf99

Jul 28, 2020
Actually its pretty much all in the original images you posted . What I'm curious about is the rig your using. My poor 3060ti 8GB has a hard time of it. Are you a web gui user or you are more into nuts and bolts level stuff for your work? I'm just a big fan of your work. So is she!
View attachment 4035226

omg i love it 10\10

Reactions: Novaca and Frosty24

kaminohentaisama

Sep 5, 2023
You're absolutely right, it's much appreciated that the game in general remained faithful to the original and made the improvements that were made. And thanks to your guides I was able to find several objects that I couldn't find and yes, as you saw, it was almost a bad joke made on purpose so I couldn't complete the game in the flash version but I'm looking forward to the new version that is being made with the improved graphics that will totally give another life to the game and it will even be much more enjoyable to play it from the beginning.
No problem - I've accidentally made things bold, italic or underlined by accident when formatting my posts, & even though English is my natural language your translation was pretty good & I figured most of it out (even though it was one long text block LOL ;) )

I even went back & played to 'original' flash BSC & I totally agree with you.

Trying to follow my guide & I ran out of energy before I got even 1/2 way through it (I even had to skip some steps as those were not relevant to that version) so getting anything done in 7-days I guess would be impossible.

It's amazing how much has changed from that version and yet stayed true to the concept
You're absolutely right, it's much appreciated that the game in general remained faithful to the original and made the improvements that were made. And thanks to your guides I was able to find several objects that I couldn't find and yes, as you saw, it was almost a bad joke made on purpose so I couldn't complete the game in the flash version but I'm looking forward to the new version that is being made with the improved graphics that will totally give another life to the game and it will even be much more enjoyable to play it from the beginning.

Reactions: Novaca

kaminohentaisama

Sep 5, 2023
Thanks! I did consider making a separate space somewhere to discuss it, but I just don't know if there's enough to talk about right now. It would mostly be useful for getting input and suggestions, and frankly, I don't need too much of that right now. I'm not short on ideas, I'm short on time/energy.

Although that said, I do actually have a question for people: how do you guys feel about me redoing the backgrounds? To me, Aval0nX's original backgrounds are nostalgic as hell and they give the game a kind of charm. But...

1) Some of them are butt-ugly
2) They clash, sometimes to an extreme level, with the cartoony art of the characters. For example, check out this post, where Cream's posing art is basically ruined by the background.
3) They don't technically fit the lore: Vanilla+Cream canonically live in a place called Floral Forest Village, not some American suburbs. This is the least important point, but it does bug me a tiny bit, and will probably start bugging me even more if I start writing new events and stuff.

So I'm sort of wondering, should I replace the backgrounds? Or would that be changing too much? I could maybe keep them and just lower the brightness/contrast on the more terrible ones, so the character images don't get lost in a hideous super-loud background.
As they say in my country, you give it like a box that doesn't close . As long as you keep the concept of the stage, change the art if you consider it necessary. The truth is that this image looks weird. The background is a photo or it is ultra realistic and it doesn't fit at all with either the new design or the old one.

Xakkic

Aug 24, 2022
View attachment 4035226

Can you send me the prompts you use and such?

Frosty24

Jul 7, 2021
Can you send me the prompts you use and such?
If you make a local install of Stable Diffusion and webui for it you can simply drag my image (or any original posted here) and see all the prompts and settings. Otherwise you will need a meta viewer to see the info embedded in the pngs. plenty of tools on net for exif meta... The info also list the models you need and lora used...etc. If you trying to replicate this image from a 'free' text to image (website) you might not get anything close to ones posted though.

Last edited:

Xakkic

Aug 24, 2022
If you make a local install of Stable Diffusion and webui for it you can simply drag my image (or any original posted here) and see all the prompts and settings. Otherwise you will need a meta viewer to see the info embedded in the pngs. plenty of tools on net for exif meta... The info also list the models you need and lora used...etc. If you trying to replicate this image from a 'free' text to image (website) you might not get anything close to ones posted though.
Oh. Apologies. Im new to the stable diffusion stuff. Just got the webui and some different 6gig things set up. Testing promps. Didnt know i could just drag thr image there. Thank you! Now to figure it out.

4.50 star(s) 4 Votes