RPGM - The Fox and Devil: Tales of Eleonora [Ch .2] [Somatra]

1. 1.00 star(s)

bobthemob

My honest opinion? Worst 2 hours of my life. I like grindy &hard games, love them infact, but this is just bullshit, the experience was buggy on android, some enemy attacks were ridiculously unbalanced, there is no battle h-scenes, having to save every 10 seconds is so fucking annoying, overall game design, pretty bad.

And with all rpgm games in general, if you don't spice things up here's how it goes in this game -> attack, don't have stamina -> get fucking raped by an unbalanced attack -> heal -> hope that rng gods bless you and you don't get raped by the same attack again -> lose -> travel back the same fucking darksouls route, just so you can maybe once every hour or so get a mediocre h-scene.

Also not being able to go aywhere freely and do something without having a useless sack of fucking biowaste with you(except asami), is annoying. You can't adjust your party, nor can you select what they do in battle.

You also have very limited freedom, want to go back to the old area you went to? well you can't :D, at least not yet, I was 2 hours deep of grinding and still didn't have shit.

Also you're poor as fuck, the game wants you to buy equipment, but you could barely buy fucking unflavored noodles, with enough grind I got almost all equipment slots, and still got assraped by the unbalanced attacks, while the enemies regular attacks can't even pierce my defense.

But hey, not hating just my opinion.
    Good gamedesign wise the game needs a combat balance, but if that's not what the creator wants it is what it is, play if you want, but I doubt you want to.
    :HideThePain:
  2. 5.00 star(s)

Skeeve1

I support now your game because it is good imao. I like your artwork and the story too. The fights from start very heavy but i found a way . I like the MC and her companions ( i think if i not kill my partner he will transform to a werewolf but what happens, can he like the MC fight against the transformation or not ? ) The areas are very big and the quest not bad but to solve the first quest you must have a high level or you die. I know the artwork is not like others but this is the charm imao .
  3. 2.00 star(s)

EmilIrving

The score is purely for Normal Mode's difficulty in chapter 1. And normal mode is a poorly balanced. Why would a boss that has passive healing got to have a healing spell that practically nullify the damage you dish out unless you do a high TP costing skill, even if you allocated points into atk? And it's high costing thanks to the low generation of TP.

The problem is exacerbated thanks to the gauntlet/marathon of slimes you got to face until you can properly fight Big Blue Slime (again), and before that speeding through the scene of the Farmer's Daughter with the slime. And you have to do this without the companion that been helping you out before this series of battles.

Oh, let's talk about leveling up. Do mind that it's a slow process due to the low amount of experience you get, and once you actually level up, none of the stats go up until you allocate points. And you get three points per level up. There's 9 stats (HP, MP, Atk, Def, M.Atk, M.Def, Agi, Luck, and Phy Evasion... There's no Mag Evasion btw). All but 1 stats costs 1 point, Physical Evasion eats up 2. Physical Evasion is useless btw, the stat gain is too small. If you fuck up your build without consulting to a walkthrough, well bucko you're S.O.L. Granted, there's reallocation in a village. A village you are immediately cut off from once the Main Story leads you to the Forest, the zone where you get your first taste of the battle system and thus will eventually realize how the level system is implemented.

So leveling up several times for hours, only to realize your run is bricked because your build is wrong with no feasible way to fix it thanks to story reason, the backup you got to level up and allocate his stats to cover that fuck up is gone, and to top it off we got a gauntlet that ends with a boss that has obscene healing in Normal Mode. I am pretty sure it's all set up for the staggering difference of power that Eleonora can get once she is allowed to be corrupted (according to the Dev in the thread's comments). Just cause you chose not to touch the walkthrough so you can get a grasp of the game with the intended difficulty.

Just do yourself a favor and just play on Easy mode (even though that one was added LATER) or cheat, or do both. Cause I am for sure won't be touching this game again.