Tool RPGM SLR Translator - Offline JP to EN Translation for RPG Maker VX, VX Ace, MV, and MZ

Oct 21, 2022
If you don't really care about optimization you can use any of the official Sugoi Toolkit versions (except 9-9.4) and run Sugoi in offline mode. (The port will already be the correct one, you do not need to change anything.)

Or you can read this post:
https://f95zone.to/threads/slr-tran...aker-vx-vx-ace-mv-and-mz.208393/post-13751939

I do not want to give any specific tutorial or recommendation, because it's highly dependent on your hardware and personal preference.
I use laptop with 12900h and 3070ti, 16gb ram,which version should i use for high performance

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
hi,i try sugoi repackage- CUDA but instead of using nvidia gpu,it use igpu,how to fix it? View attachment 4050473
I'm sorry, but I can't provide support for Sugoi itself, or Sugoi repacks, because I did not make them and do not know how they function.

Please ask in the dedicated Sugoi thread on F95, the thread of the repacks on fuwa, or in the offical Sugoi discord instead.
(But if you ask in the official discord, please do not mention SLR to avoid potential drama.)

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
I've released v1.100.

Improved word wrapping by making it consider punctuation more often when splitting.
Meaning if a text is
Code:
A long text about a big ol' futa cock, that needs to be wrapped.
and you were to wrap to 50 characters, it will no longer wrap it like this:
Code:
A long text about a big ol' futa cock, that needs
to be wrapped.
It will instead wrap it to
Code:
A long text about a big ol' futa cock,
that needs to be wrapped.
That is still a bit experimental and could cause it to make more lines than necessary.
I would need some feedback on the current implementation in case there are issues.
I'm debating whether or not it should use "," for splitting or if it should only consider "." "!" "?".

It will also now preserve indents of the original dialogue if it's the same across all lines or the same across all lines except the first.
Meaning it will preserve starting spaces like this:
Code:
Text
  Text Text Text
  Text Text Text
  Text Text Text
even when they are not encased in a speech bubble.

Edit: I forgot to apply a minimum distance from the start based on the wrap amount specified by the user. That "could" cause some less ideal splits wasting a bunch of space. I will fix that in v1.101.

Last edited:
Reactions: iYuma

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
I've released 1.101
Only notable change is that wrapping now has a minimum character count according to user input. Meaning for example, if you use "size", which wraps to ~70 characters (40 monospace characters), it will not accept a break on punctuation if it would make the original line shorter than ~45 characters. (And it keeps that ratio regardless what you put in.)

Last edited:

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
I've released 1.102.
I realized that just adding a fixed ratio based on the wrap goal input is not actually "logical" placement. Because if someone were to manually translate, they wouldn't just break after a certain character count if it means the next line only has 1 word.
Instead they would be much more likely to split it evenly according to an existing pause like a dot, even if it makes the first line shorter than the second.

It will now instead be a variable ratio based on the difference of the wrapping goal set by the user and the original line.
In the sense that it will now always try to consider punctuation if it does not cause the next line to be longer than the wrap goal.
(Because then it would have to break again, creating an unnecessary line.)

Oct 21, 2022
I've released 1.102.
I realized that just adding a fixed ratio based on the wrap goal input is not actually "logical" placement. Because if someone were to manually translate, they wouldn't just break after a certain character count if it means the next line only has 1 word.
Instead they would be much more likely to split it evenly according to an existing pause like a dot, even if it makes the first line shorter than the second.

It will now instead be a variable ratio based on the difference of the wrapping goal set by the user and the original line.
In the sense that it will now always try to consider punctuation if it does not cause the next line to be longer than the wrap goal.
(Because then it would have to break again, creating an unnecessary line.)
Do you know any tool support translating Visual novel ?
There's Textractor but it seem stop updating
Other option is OCR but not good enough

linranni

Mar 12, 2022
after i use the translation and open some menu, it appears like this and the item in that menu doest appear. any idea?
ah nvm i found it, i think it translates something that shouldn't be translated in the js file but I don't know which one I just delete something that doesn't fit and there are some things that it doesn't translate but it changes dots and stuff

Entai2965

Jan 12, 2020
Do you know any tool support translating Visual novel ?
There's Textractor but it seem stop updating
Other option is OCR but not good enough
This is not really the place to talk about VNs considering the current scope of SLR, but consider , SugoiToolkit, and . Garbro is for extracting VN assets and determining the game engine you are working with. Once you know the game engine, search for tools on Github, Codeberg, and other software repositories associated with that engine.

Also try searching for the engine on , like . If the engine exists, it will be found in a release . If there are no English releases for that game engine, then there might not be any tools to work with it. Most game engines have at least one release, but if there are no tools to work with it, then Luna Hook/OCR software would be the only option to translate such games.