4.20 star(s) 26 Votes

nutka

Dec 30, 2022
PersonalStudy_end-0.8.0.jpg
Thank you very much for this nice game! Thanks for making! I didn't know I would like it so much.

Futa is not my thing, but it's OK in this game. The graphics are not very hardware-demanding (I'm saving some energy :cool:) and look great.

It runs great with wine-vanilla-9.6 compiled (not only) against gstreamer (needed for the intro). Is there any sound in the intro? It was silent. Maybe I'm missing something in my wine... If you're planning to implement game pad support for the steam deck you could throw an untested Linux version for us to test. I promise to report bugs. The game crashed very often without no reasons (eg. watching a summoned demon and moving the camera with RMB). But the cause might be my br0ken driver installation *cough*nv*cough*. But the crashes were no problem because you implemented a great save system and the game loads very fast.

Some complains on a very high level:
  • my MC felt very lonely while solving the puzzles – a (not often present) companion or a side-kick could be a solution against loneliness (eg. like Wheatley in Portal 2)
  • if you want to implement a story, this post in this thread might be helpful (I think)
  • there are some “still images” (eg. talking with Sebastian, interacting with not the book box). I'm ambivalent to make them animations. They look great, because they are not really “still images” (eg. the lights in the background are doing their magic) but, you know, this is not prerendered and must not be so still/static. But the essence of the moment is very good captured and preserved in this “still image”. This is art!
  • I felt sorry for Sebastian. He's lonely all the time and has to fap to some drawings. And there is this georgeous MC and she is so stingy with her bottom. I think he deserves at least some teasing for his translation work. He could watch some conjurations. Or they could fap together... In my opinion he was treated very unfairly and virtually blackmailed into translating. This should be fun, you know, I think.
But to be honest, I've nothing to complain. The puzzles are good, the setting is great, the graphics stuning, and the MC very sympathetic good looking and somehow mean (but likable). I like the art! You are on the right path to make this a work of love. And I wish you a lot of fun and success making this game!

Last edited:

nutka

Dec 30, 2022
This is a spoiler for anyone who has never played the game. so do yourself a favor and stay away from the links. The developer may be interested to know where crashes have occurred.
  • (2.4 GiB) Nothing special happened here, except of course the first puzzles in this great game.
  • (0.4 GiB) This is the recording of a demon summoning. I've never noticed it, but this is the first time I've noticed a lag when pressing the mouse buttons. Crash after exiting zoom in and exiting the display of the first figurine.
  • (1.4 GiB) Crash on turning the book.
  • (2.2 GiB) The rest of 0.08 without any particular incidents.
(6.3 GiB) 1.6 h

export VKD3D_VULKAN_DEVICE=1
export VKD3D_SHADER_CACHE_PATH="c:\shaders"
wine-vanilla-9.6 "c:/opt/PersonalStudy_0.08/Windows/PersonalStudy.exe"

mydudes67

Game Developer
Dec 18, 2018
Is there any sound in the intro?
There is
The developer may be interested to know where crashes have occurred
I appreciate you took the time to make the recordings, but I don't think I can say anything specific regarding crashes or freezes. Several posts above people say game runs fine on linux, probably it has something to do with your setup.

nutka

Dec 30, 2022
Thank you for your answer. Kernel 6.9.x was flawless but 6.10.x might be somehow br0ken. Or NV-driver 550.107.02 was great and 560.35.03 is now garbage. To many variables. I won't keep you from developing any longer if it's because of my setup. Besides, apart from the few bugs, the game is flawless and very fast for me too. I really have to praise you for not jumping on this ray-tracing train. The graphics have a wonderful feel and everything is very smooth and fast.

mydudes67

Game Developer
Dec 18, 2018
0_09.png

In this update I added a new puzzle room. This puzzle room is part of an event where Evi with the help of several new characters learns a new cosmetic ability (demon form, which was disabled in 0.08). To access it you will need a key that can be found in the last room of the planet puzzle. After you pick up the key, you will be able to open a previously inactive door in the hall with an area for summoning.
Event scenes can be replayed via Research Diary in the main hub.
Also:
  • Added optional slight camera shake in H scenes.
  • Added floor collision for camera.
  • When switching poses the camera doesn’t jump anymore.
  • Voice volume slider now works properly.
  • Fixed an issue with overlapping UI elements on lower resolutions (hopefully)
  • Other bug fixes.

Last edited:

youraccount69

Donor
Dec 30, 2020
PersonalStudy-0.09
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with F95Zone and the game developer.
Please note that we do not provide support for games.
For torrent-related issues use here, or join us on !
, . Downloading issues? Look here.​

Nopenopeno

Jul 27, 2018
In this update I added a new puzzle room. This puzzle room is part of an event where Evi with the help of several new characters learns a new cosmetic ability (demon form, which was disabled in 0.08). To access it you will need a key that can be found in the last room of the planet puzzle. After you pick up the key, you will be able to open a previously inactive door in the hall with an area for summoning.
Thank you for the new content. Unfortunately, the new area seems to be bugged for me.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

mydudes67

Game Developer
Dec 18, 2018
the character speaking remained invisible and never appeared before, during or after dialogue.
That's unfortunate. My only guess is that UE refused to compile shaders for the character.

You can try to delete PersonalStudy_PCD3D_SM5.upipelinecache in C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\PersonalStudy\Saved

No idea if it helps though

Reactions: Nopenopeno

Nopenopeno

Jul 27, 2018
That's unfortunate. My only guess is that UE refused to compile shaders for the character.

You can try to delete PersonalStudy_PCD3D_SM5.upipelinecache in C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\PersonalStudy\Saved

No idea if it helps though
I will give this a try, thank you. Worst case I'll delete everything and reinstall.

LjsxD

Oct 28, 2018
I do genuinely love the game. One of those where I wish it was finished, because I can't wait to see the final result. Runs well, looks good, plays well. Very well done.

I'm not a big fan of puzzles, though most of them here are fine. However, I find myself hardstuck with no idea what to do in the newest room. To avoid spoilers, I have the two half of the sphere, found the instruction book but no idea how to fuse them and what to do after lmao

LjsxD

Oct 28, 2018
I do genuinely love the game. One of those where I wish it was finished, because I can't wait to see the final result. Runs well, looks good, plays well. Very well done.

I'm not a big fan of puzzles, though most of them here are fine. However, I find myself hardstuck with no idea what to do in the newest room. To avoid spoilers, I have the two half of the sphere, found the instruction book but no idea how to fuse them and what to do after lmao
Naturally, right after I wrote this, I found what i was missing.

Reactions: Giuf00
4.20 star(s) 26 Votes