VN Ren'Py Once Again [Development Thread]

What's your favorite girl that has been revealed so far?

• Summer

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Autumn

Votes: 6 30.0%
  • Winter

Votes: 5 25.0%
  • Haru

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Elara

Votes: 5 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

yossa999

Engaged Member
Dec 5, 2020
"If you had the chance go back in time to fix the worst year of your life, would you take it?"
Sounds like my favorite trope!

The previews look very good, Lampy, and the description is intriguing.
I'm looking forward to the release, will follow the thread :)

• Red Heart
Reactions: ParaloopLampy

ParaloopLampy

Sep 18, 2023
I put up a new devlog on patreon but I'll copy and paste it here:

Hey guys! For those of you not aware, I was very sick for a couple of days and had some really really bad withdrawals from medication I couldn't get. Due to this fact, for about a week, I couldn't focus enough to get any work done. I'm back now, though, and I'm doing good! While my withdrawals were bad, I had a lot of time to think about things, and I think I've chilled out a bit, maybe learned how to deal with my anxiety better, etc. However, my hair is still falling out, so I'm probably still stressed lmao.

Now, in terms of Once Again's process- I'm very happy and excited to say that the game is nearing its completion! We have some fixes to make, sfx and music to insert, and animations to complete. After that, we should be good to send the game to our beta testers, fix whatever they point out as much as we can, and begin prepping for release. Clown on me if I get this wrong, but I damn near guarantee we get the game out before September is up. This development has been an absolute mess, but we - and more specifically, I - have learned a lot of things that will help us a lot going forward. I'm very, very excited for what the future holds. Here, I want to thank Rick, of course, for getting the first half of renders done, Hex for putting up with my bs and doing a great job with coding, and Krash for doing pretty much everything else lmao.

When it comes to future progress, we have already started on release 2. With us getting a new artist, we've been able to get ahead on visualizing scenes that we have written. Farmer has been awesome and cooperative, and I can tell he's passionate about this project that he didn't even start, which is super awesome. I've very much enjoyed writing this season so far, especially the goofy bits. I'm pretty excited for one bit in the second scene in particular.
We are still looking for a second artist and now an animator to make the game as high quality as possible, as long as the project earns a decent amount of money after release. I'm super excited but anxious for the future too.

Lastly I want to think everyone who has supported us this far, and from the bottom of my heart, thank everyone who has supported me despite my struggles with mental health and anxiety. Even though I've never met you guys, you've been extremely helpful in me being able to make a dream of mine come true, and without your support I probably wouldn't have even had the courage to make it this far. Thank you guys so much.

Thats it for this devlog! Hope to see you guys VERY soon.

ParaloopLampy

Sep 18, 2023
also thank you for the kind words my dude! Hope you enjoy when it releases soon :)
"If you had the chance go back in time to fix the worst year of your life, would you take it?"
Sounds like my favorite trope!

The previews look very good, Lampy, and the description is intriguing.
I'm looking forward to the release, will follow the thread :)

ParaloopLampy

Sep 18, 2023
Also my friends, I deleted all the original renders/ lore dumps because some lore has changed, and some info was dumped that we decided to hide behind the story. When I get a minute I'll redump some lore to the main post :)

Reactions: MakkAnzy and Lerd0

ParaloopLampy

Sep 18, 2023
Updated the main thread with the main girls, along with short blurbs about them. Hope you guys find a girl you like. Initially I hadn't even sold myself on Autumn, but as i wrote her scenes, I fell more and more in love with her (not in a weird way of course) and am very proud of her, as well as the rest of the main girls.

While writing the girls, I focused not on any trope, but how I felt the character would act. My writing isn't anything extraordinary; however, I aimed to make it fun, down to Earth, and easy to follow, instead of aiming for flexing my vocabulary.
As I wrote the scenes for the girls, the dialogue was the easiest part; everything flowed natural for me, even in Autumn's scene, where I experimented a bit. If there's anything I'm proud of myself for the most, it's keeping my passion for this project, and never settling for anything story or writing wise. I'm hard headed about how I want this story to go and find fun in designing pretty much every line.

Random rant. It's just that regardless of what people think of this project I'm proud of myself, and my crew. even though the development was an absolute mess

ParaloopLampy

Sep 18, 2023
Last thing I'm reporting today; the first release is just a prologue. It takes course over one day, is about 800 renders, and is mainly focused on introducing the general story and characters, while throwing in some important foreshadowing. Chapter 1/release 2 will be over twice as long and feature a lot more focus on similar stuff, but with also a much more organized team, which will help tremendously. So if your complaint is "this release is too short", I totally get it, that's what we aimed for. I would also like to say the script has been done since like April lmao

ParaloopLampy

Sep 18, 2023
for those not aware, the prologue finally released! you can find it on patreon, itch.io, or other places where you can get it for free (it's $5 on itch and patreon because I gotta pay my team)

• Yay, new update!
  • Crown
Reactions: Lerd0 and MakkAnzy

MakkAnzy

Maverick
Donor
Jun 20, 2024
I'll be honest, I haven't played this game yet. Also, I don't see it linked here, and I haven't even started looking into how I will be getting it. Do you plan on doing a public release of the prologue?

That said, it looks very good and I had my eye on it for a while. But for now, it is sitting in my "to play" list.

I am looking forward to answer your question when I do play it, though looking at the 4 LIs, I have the feeling it won't be an easy answer. lol

Last edited:

MakkAnzy

Maverick
Donor
Jun 20, 2024
I don't know how to create a new poll. But tell me who your favorite was from the prologue! :love:
I would say it is a tough call between Summer and Autumn. Summer has the hottest looks and I really enjoyed her banter with the MC. There seems to be a real connection between them. Autumn was so much fun to talk to in the library and the interaction with her is cute. Her good and fun nature is contagious.

On the other hand, I didn't get to see much of Winter and I really didn't connect with Haru yet. I think it could be too early in the game for those two to compete.

All in all, this has the potential to be a very solid AVN. Keep up the good work! :)

• Red Heart
Reactions: ParaloopLampy