Wolfeszorn

Jul 24, 2021
Huh. I´m kinda surprised by the double standards here. How come nobody here wanted to kill the Maid for accusing MC of beating her up? But hey, lets kill Serena for wanting to SAVE HER SISTERS LIFE.
Saving a family member = bad, but saving herself from a beating or potential murder = nah, i´ve got no problem with that? That´s so utterly stupid :D

Pretty solid update, i must say. The only person i´m fed up with though is Mother Ellen. She does absolutely nothing for me and i´m glad i was at least allowed to skip the initiation scene.

Hazardgaming

Jul 29, 2018
Huh. I´m kinda surprised by the double standards here. How come nobody here wanted to kill the Maid for accusing MC of beating her up? But hey, lets kill Serena for wanting to SAVE HER SISTERS LIFE.
Saving a family member = bad, but saving herself from a beating or potential murder = nah, i´ve got no problem with that? That´s so utterly stupid :D

Pretty solid update, i must say. The only person i´m fed up with though is Mother Ellen. She does absolutely nothing for me and i´m glad i was at least allowed to skip the initiation scene.
I think the thought patter might be something along the lines of "eye for an eye" except it's severely disproportional even if one uses the literal interpretation of the phrase, rather than its true meaning which is a warning not carry out such retaliations. I told Serena to get lost and stay gone, but she still came back and for some reason the MC went to the stables.. which was incredibly annoying. The maid however needs to go to prison for lying in court.

Dessolos

Devoted Member
Jul 25, 2017

I can see the double standard for sure yet in my mind it's a bit different at least for me personally. We saw the maid beaten to a pulp and the MC even says he barley knows her so doesn't blame her for doing what she can to survive and she even felt guilty. While Serena made friends with Eliza and the MC. while true we still didn't know her that well, but we knew her more than the maid especially if Eliza considered her a friend at that point. Tbh I don't even recall Serena feeling a guilt or remorse but I might of forgotten.

So for me it feels the same yet different enough that it is easy to forgive the maid but not Serena. In part cause we physically saw the maid beaten and can feel bad for her but Serena's betrayal felt alot worse not just because we were close to her but it actually put Eliza in harms way and almost got her killed. While the maids betrayal only involved the MC and not like I would expect her to be loyal if she barley knows us. Serena's case is harder logically yeah hard to blame her 100% either since she didn't know how strong the MC was or the MC that well. But also cause she was at least friends with Eliza you would hope she warn her first before betraying her later or let her know the details first just incase she does survive.

So yeah while it is a double standard it is easier to find more blame in 1 of them than the other at least for me

TigerWolfe

Engaged Member
Oct 19, 2022
I can see the double standard for sure yet in my mind it's a bit different at least for me personally. We saw the maid beaten to a pulp and the MC even says he barley knows her so doesn't blame her for doing what she can to survive and she even felt guilty. While Serena made friends with Eliza and the MC. while true we still didn't know her that well, but we knew her more than the maid especially if Eliza considered her a friend at that point. Tbh I don't even recall Serena feeling a guilt or remorse but I might of forgotten.

So for me it feels the same yet different enough that it is easy to forgive the maid but not Serena. In part cause we physically saw the maid beaten and can feel bad for her but Serena's betrayal felt alot worse not just because we were close to her but it actually put Eliza in harms way and almost got her killed. While the maids betrayal only involved the MC and not like I would expect her to be loyal if she barley knows us. Serena's case is harder logically yeah hard to blame her 100% either since she didn't know how strong the MC was or the MC that well. But also cause she was at least friends with Eliza you would hope she warn her first before betraying her later or let her know the details first just incase she does survive.

So yeah while it is a double standard it is easier to find more blame in 1 of them than the other at least for me
You gotta swap the e in barely, all this talk of grains is confusing me. :D

Last edited:

drifter139

Dec 11, 2019
I swear if we don't get to rip Taron apart in front of others and then challenge someone to try and start a fight, I am going to quit this game forever. honestly I don't understand why we can't do that now. as a Nephilim, what do we care if some humans try to stop us. we are 10x stronger than them and while we might not be invincible, we can literally shrug off most of their attacks. literally just rip Taron's arms off and slap him with them until he dies from blood loss

Grumpy Old Aussie

Engaged Member
May 6, 2023
That always seemed like terrible advice, but it was only for being the bodyguard and that was more as a favour. Now things have drastically changed. In reality Dalen has been mostly useless as without the MC his guild would have died and been gone, most of his advice has been counterintuitive to common sense, and like the king he allowed the rot that is Taron to fester in the city while doing nothing or even informing the king himself. Even if he had no evidence he is trusted by the king he could have said something to put him on guard, but no. So if the king wants to play might makes right the MC should have just showed him what real might is then and there and set the rules of how things are going to go. As for the rest of his friends in the guild and any possible trouble, do you think most people are going to want to cross him or his friends if he does that. Just set the rules cross us and you die, making Taron as an example, especially if you play on a darker route. Instead of having everyone walking over the MC constantly remind them to fear the Nephilim.
If the had killed the guards and run off he would have had an entire kingdom at war with him. Is he able to defeat an entire kingdom by himself? How many innocents would die, caught in the middle of the MC's battles with the King's soldiers. he has a relationship with the queen and the princess, fighting back would have destroyed his relationship with the Queen and possibly the daughter. I don't think the guild masters order was terrible, its a wait and see approach which is often prudent before going to war. The MC could have pushed his power and stood up to them, and that's fine. It would be quite spectacular. I'm good with that approach as well. I just think the Dev was trying to go down a path where the city was left standing and the population was still alive. So I think the MC going quietly was a better option.

xapican

Devoted Member
May 11, 2020
TBH: I almost felt sorry for the guards, who came to take the MC they were totally overpowerd if any of them would have started to resist, Eliza Sylph The Dwarf, or MC those guys were canned food, :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Dessolos

Devoted Member
Jul 25, 2017
TBH: I almost felt sorry for the guards, who came to take the MC they were totally overpowerd if any of them would have started to resist, Eliza Sylph The Dwarf, or MC those guys were canned food, :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
they were lucky Eliza is purified and isn't hungry :)

Raynare69

Jan 1, 2022
What's up with choices in this game? Is this normal? I don't even get the time to read the choices before they disappear...
Is there a way to turn off the timer?

Dessolos

Devoted Member
Jul 25, 2017
What's up with choices in this game? Is this normal? I don't even get the time to read the choices before they disappear...
Is there a way to turn off the timer?
yeah not normal I never seen choices disappear I usually will take breaks at choice for long periods of time if im not playing an update in 1 sitting.

Raynare69

Jan 1, 2022
yeah not normal I never seen choices disappear I usually will take breaks at choice for long periods of time if im not playing an update in 1 sitting.
Is it this horribly done throughout the entire game? Where I have to constantly hit the back button just so I can read the choices because I'm not some kind of speed reader / esper? SMH...

Dessolos

Devoted Member
Jul 25, 2017
Is it this horribly done throughout the entire game? Where I have to constantly hit the back button just so I can read the choices because I'm not some kind of speed reader / esper? SMH...
no idea why that would be happening to you . maybe a mod no idea. I have literally left the game running at a choice for hours with no issue no disappearing or anything. No issue with this update either

Raynare69

Jan 1, 2022
no idea why that would be happening to you . maybe a mod no idea. I have literally left the game running at a choice for hours with no issue no disappearing or anything. No issue with this update either
I guess it must be that "multi-mod" that's listed on the OP... I'll just try without it.

Edit: Figured it out, that mod has an "Auto-walkthrough" function...

Reactions: xapican

xapican

Devoted Member
May 11, 2020
Raynare69 ; do you have Auto play or skipping enabled by any chance ?
Because it is like Dessolos said, there is no timer, for choices.
only thing I can think of is that you have Auto play, and didn't enable stop at choices (after choices contimue skipping) in the main menu

Edit glad you figured it out enjoy

Reactions: Raynare69
4.00 star(s) 70 Votes