Purple_Heart

Engaged Member
Oct 15, 2021
see the problem with step 4 in manual installation is if you try to do several mods and things go south...a lot of times you just end up having do a clean reinstall. Which is fine assuming you didn't delete the things you extract from, but you kinda have to just do trial and error to see which mods conflict. Which a mod manager would presumably tell you so you dont have to waste time with that. At least that's been my personal experience, I can't speak for anyone else.
I swear to god you guys have modded some other games in the past(for example skyrim) with hundreds of mods at the same time, faced these issues you keep talking about and ever since that happened to you you just keep assuming every game and every mod is same as that game and its mods that caused problems for you. It is almost like a modding related PTSD :KEK:

While you guys keep making statements about mod managers and games in general, I'm here trying to explain why those mod managers and their various features are useless for KP, especially for people using pirated copies.

So, I'm gonna post about this for the last time.
  • This isn't skyrim. This isn't fallout. This isn't cyberpunk.
    • This game doesn't have thousands of mods. This game doesn't need mod managers to "manage" a few mods that exist for this game.
    • This game has native support for mods and installation is as simple as a drag & drop to a folder clearly named "mods". You don't need to install an extra program just to install and "manage" a few mods.
    • This game doesn't have "conflicting" mods. This game doesn't need mod managers to tell you which mod is "conflicting" with other mods.
    • This game doesn't need mod managers to change mod load orders, at all. They work perfectly fine as is.
  • This game doesn't need mod managers to update mods for you because you are on a piracy forum and you are likely a pirate, so updating mods to their latest versions without also updating the game to the latest version WILL cause errors in the game.
    • In best case scenario you won't even notice the error OR it will cause a visual only error such as disfigured Karryn.
    • In worst case scenario it will corrupt your save file. Say goodbye to your progress because you thought mod managers are good because mod developer(s) told you so!
  • If you want to use mod managers or recommend them that's fine, but please don't talk about things that may or may not happen. You've probably seen, heard or experienced difficulties of modding. But those difficulties you are talking about don't apply to this game, at all.
  • I'm talking about exclusively this game and its mods. If you want to talk about modding other games such as skyrim or cyberpunk and why mod managers are actually useful for those games that is completely irrelevant to what I am saying.

Last edited:

iAnimeDeath

Feb 3, 2017
I swear to god you guys have modded some other games in the past(for example skyrim) with hundreds of mods at the same time, faced these issues you keep talking about and ever since that happened to you you just keep assuming every game and every mod is same as that game and its mods that caused problems for you. It is almost like a modding related PTSD :KEK:

While you guys keep making statements about mod managers and games in general, I'm here trying to explain why those mod managers and their various features are useless for KP, especially for people using pirated copies.

So, I'm gonna post about this for the last time.
  • This isn't skyrim. This isn't fallout. This isn't cyberpunk.
    • This game doesn't have thousands of mods. This game doesn't need mod managers to "manage" a few mods that exist for this game.
    • This game has native support for mods and installation is as simple as a drag & drop to a folder clearly named "mods". You don't need to install an extra program just to install and "manage" a few mods.
    • This game doesn't have "conflicting" mods. This game doesn't need mod managers to tell you which mod is "conflicting" with other mods.
    • This game doesn't need mod managers to change mod load orders, at all. They work perfectly fine as is.
  • This game doesn't need mod managers to update mods for you because you are on a piracy forum and you are likely a pirate, so updating mods to their latest versions without also updating the game to the latest version WILL cause errors in the game.
    • In best case scenario you won't even notice the error OR it will cause a visual only error such as disfigured Karryn.
    • In worst case scenario it will corrupt your save file. Say goodbye to your progress because you thought mod managers are good because mod developer(s) told you so!
  • If you want to use mod managers or recommend them that's fine, but please don't talk about things that may or may not happen. You've probably seen, heard or experienced difficulties of modding. But those difficulties you are talking about don't apply to this game, at all.
  • I'm talking about exclusively this game and its mods. If you want to talk about modding other games such as skyrim or cyberpunk and why mod managers are actually useful for those games that is completely irrelevant to what I am saying.
Are you aware some mods for this game actually overwrite the game files? To some extent. And yes if you have left overs or remove them it can affect your install files too. Also should remind you if you mod this game it the modded data will stay in the save. So if you remove said mod your game can usually break.

• Haha
Reactions: RedAISkye

Sarojin

Jul 9, 2017
Are you aware some mods for this game actually overwrite the game files? To some extent. And yes if you have left overs or remove them it can affect your install files too. Also should remind you if you mod this game it the modded data will stay in the save. So if you remove said mod your game can usually break.
That's why before you mod anything, or screw around with any files, you always make a backup, then if it breaks you can start over again, and figure out what's wrong.

Purple_Heart

Engaged Member
Oct 15, 2021
Are you aware some mods for this game actually overwrite the game files? To some extent. And yes if you have left overs or remove them it can affect your install files too.
I'm aware, they don't cause any compatibility problems. I've been using mods for this game for a long time.

Also should remind you if you mod this game it the modded data will stay in the save.
Okay but what is your point?

darkstrain2

Aug 26, 2019
It is like having a cutting board, you don't NEED to have it to slice up whatever you are cooking but it makes things a lot neater and easier to clean up. I personally use MO2 because it is just handy for sorting out what mods I have and it doesn't overwrite anything in the game files.

SkrimsGrims

May 13, 2024
Man it's so frustrating that a bunch of talented artists and modders like yourselves cannot make a coherent modding tutorial that doesn't skip any steps. I downloaded imagereplacer, I put it in www folder, same with the mod i chose. But then what? Nothing works and everything is the same.

Bluesent

Jul 23, 2020
Man it's so frustrating that a bunch of talented artists and modders like yourselves cannot make a coherent modding tutorial that doesn't skip any steps. I downloaded imagereplacer, I put it in www folder, same with the mod i chose. But then what? Nothing works and everything is the same.
like the conversation thats being going on for near 20 pages now... id recommend using a mod manager if you have little to no experience with modding.

small tips for mods

-make sure the mod is updated for the current version of the game

-make sure you place the mods in the correct locations

-Read mod descriptions, they will usually give directions

-BACK UP YOUR INSTALL

Reactions: Cock-Tail :v

Nabebebe

Feb 7, 2023
like the conversation thats being going on for near 20 pages now... id recommend using a mod manager if you have little to no experience with modding.

small tips for mods

-make sure the mod is updated for the current version of the game

-make sure you place the mods in the correct locations

-Read mod descriptions, they will usually give directions

-BACK UP YOUR INSTALL
Is it against the rules to update the already modded file? I had a lot of trouble with vortex while trying and wouldnt wish anyone to do the same

Zuul

Dec 2, 2016
Then why steam wants to update the game every time developer releases a "bugfix" :KEK:
If you don't know the difference between a bugfix and a game update, what's the point of discussion here? What are you even trying to argue besides a pointless semantic?

Pretty bold claim when Sachinama directly said, that his style changed. He releasized that while he was working on additional face expressions and since Rem was in his "uh I have to play board games to get ideas for my next game" phase, he decided to rework all of the art while he was doing the p-cup dlc anyway.

Also another random "oh its AI" claim without any proof to back it up. Let me guess "Its obvious since it looks AI". Love it.
How would you like someone to prove something is AI to you, exactly? They can't press the magic "AI Art" button and show you. But it is AI if you know what non-diffusion image gens actually look like, and Sachi's style demonstrably never changed as evidenced by his continued works.

Plus Rem's contradicted Sachi's claim entirely with his own, and since Rem's the one with the bad rep and keeps making bad decisions despite feedback, it's obvious which one pushed it and which one's just covering.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nine-Tailed Fox

Bluesent

Jul 23, 2020
Is it against the rules to update the already modded file? I had a lot of trouble with vortex while trying and wouldnt wish anyone to do the same
i generally dont update mods, i completely remove them, then install the new version of the mod.

RedAISkye

Apr 10, 2017
...I don't really see a point in having an option to have different artstyle since the artist would literally need to go back to his old artstyle and draw in the new p cups and poses which honestly would take more time than Rem can even program it in...
They don't need to do any of that, all they need to do is to make the option of switching to old CG available only if you've selected the default breasts size.

see the problem with step 4 in manual installation is if you try to do several mods and things go south...a lot of times you just end up having do a clean reinstall. Which is fine assuming you didn't delete the things you extract from, but you kinda have to just do trial and error to see which mods conflict...
Can you guys show me a single conflicting mod? Or are you manual-phobes just going to continue making an argument based on modding other bigger complicated games? Which is nowhere comparable or similar to KP modding.

And whatever issue you have, how big is this game again? It takes no time reinstall the game from backup unless if you're playing the game on an HDD when the game recommends SSD.

Are you aware some mods for this game actually overwrite the game files?
Yes, they're called replacer mods which KP has very little of, the only big replacer mod being CCMod.

Also should remind you if you mod this game it the modded data will stay in the save. So if you remove said mod your game can usually break.
I don't see how this issue is relevant with whatever installation method you use.

But, why would you expect a modded save to work in a vanilla game? It's common sense on all games in general to not use modded saves on a vanilla game.

Not to mention, this is only true for CCMod, even if you just update the mod and not remove it.
I've had issues in the past where my CCMod save broke after simply updating CCMod, while using the same save on the previous version of CCMod worked fine.

Kenny567

Oct 10, 2017
I know I had a hand in starting this debate about Mod Installation methods, but it's probably gone on long enough.

I would like to put it out there that all points given have been valid, whether you agree or disagree is personal opinion.

I'll list a summary of some points with some extra stuff that hasn't been said yet (this list will not be all encompassing):
  • Manual installation is easy, but if you don't know what you are doing you shouldn't do so, and should make sure to use backups if you do.
    • For the 1-click solution, you also need to make sure the mods all have the same file/folder structure (root folder in the archive should be www) [there are a few mods that don't do this ie: the ones that only have the source packages on their releases, they have an extra root folder that is the name of the repository + the commit hash]
  • Mod Manager's automate almost everything after some initial manual setup. Some are easier to setup than others. Each have pros and cons to using them e.g:
    • Vortex can download most of the available mods thanks to its support extension being coded to do so, you can manage conflicting files on a per file basis, though most KP mods don't have any conflicts.
    • Vortex doesn't need a direct link for the download, you can give it the URL to a webpage that generates a temporary direct link. It'll open it in an integrated web browser and wait for a download, though some sites need caution when accessing this way (looking at you workupload; used by a couple of mods)
    • Vortex and MO2 are generally smart enough to know how a mod should be installed (removing extra root folders), though MO2 lets you customize that before the mod is actually installed (a pseudo-manual install)
    • In the case of KP, MO2 will NEVER write the mod files to the game folder. Any new files created when the game runs will go into a pseudo-mod named Overwrites (letting you then store the cache files created by Fast Cut-Ins as another mod, this also applies to saves and the config files that are stored with them)
    • While Vortex does write mod files to the game folder during deployment (specifics depending on selected deployment method: hardlink recommended), it does automatically backup unmanaged files that would normally be lost. This allows the purge function to restore the vanilla state.
  • [Extra] Of the 2 most used Mod Managers, MO2 is fully portable, though some advanced configuring is required for the instance to be truly portable (ie: being able to run without issue from almost any path [excludes paths that are too long]). There is a tool by Kezyma on Nexus that automates the initial setup (including the Stock Game feature from Wabbajack ie: creates a local copy of the game for the MO2 instance to use) (Setup Tool link: . Additional setup required before running MO2 [ : for those who know how to build from source and refuse to make a free Nexus account just to obtain the tool])
There are more points, but I don't want to go back and re-read everything just to list them.

tl;dr: Use the installation method that is easier for you.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

Acstron21

Sep 26, 2022
Sin título.png

Does anyone know why I get this? I've been at it for a couple of days now and I just can't get the game to work with the mo

Acstron21

Sep 26, 2022
You need to downgrade: Mods Settings, Fast Cut-Ins and CC Mod. The versions you have are for the v1.3.0 game versions.
Check this post for the versions that are known to work with v1.2.9.64
I downloaded them from the ones in the post, so those that are available for download are useless? Because they are the ones I am using.

Captura de pantalla 2024-09-16 004427.png

4.60 star(s) 422 Votes