EmDotRand

Sep 7, 2020
Right now I'm stuck when it comes to doing black magic chapter quest line after defeating the Inquisitioner and talking to Roy. I sunk a good 20 minutes wondering around like a headless chicken trying to figure out how to continue only to read the wiki and find out I was supposed to go to the tavern and hope rng was on my side. Guess what? Another haf hour of goin in and out the tavern like a coked up tolder who just discoverd doors and I still haven't gotten the quest.

outsider artisan

Developer of Succubus Stories.
Game Developer
Jun 14, 2020
Right now I'm stuck when it comes to doing black magic chapter quest line after defeating the Inquisitioner and talking to Roy. I sunk a good 20 minutes wondering around like a headless chicken trying to figure out how to continue only to read the wiki and find out I was supposed to go to the tavern and hope rng was on my side. Guess what? Another haf hour of goin in and out the tavern like a coked up tolder who just discoverd doors and I still haven't gotten the quest.
What, if anything, does the journal say to do? The way the black magic 2 quest works, you go to the tavern and find out that inquisitors might be keeping an eye on things in the village, then you talk to Meila (this can happen automatically or via the menu option), then you'll eventually get attacked in the village as a random event. All of these events are random, but all are at maximum priority, meaning they will be guaranteed to happen the next time an event of their type happens. It's possible, of course, that there is a bug somewhere, though.

EmDotRand

Sep 7, 2020
What, if anything, does the journal say to do?
There's nothing in the quest box. In fact my only hint that something was off was by reading the ongoing goals list which had

[Black Magic Chapter 2] Complete the quest [Black Magic Arc: Regarding Revenge].
written near the bottom. I vaguely recall talking to Meila concerning the inquisitors, but I assumed at the time that it was flavor text similar to when you streak in the village.

outsider artisan

Game Developer
Jun 14, 2020
There's nothing in the quest box. In fact my only hint that something was off was by reading the ongoing goals list which had

written near the bottom. I vaguely recall talking to Meila concerning the inquisitors, but I assumed at the time that it was flavor text similar to when you streak in the village.
Double-checking the game code, I see the event is available in the daytime (morning, afternoon, or evening), so it won't work at night or late night. I'm not sure why I added that stipulation... I should probably remove it. Either way, that's something I should note on the wiki. Did you happen to give the tavern doors a workout at night? If so that may be it. I'm sorry if I wasted your time...

EmDotRand

Sep 7, 2020
Double-checking the game code, I see the event is available in the daytime (morning, afternoon, or evening), so it won't work at night or late night. I'm not sure why I added that stipulation... I should probably remove it. Either way, that's something I should note on the wiki. Did you happen to give the tavern doors a workout at night? If so that may be it. I'm sorry if I wasted your time...
I didn't even think of trying during the morning. Second I did the tavern event triggered along with a quest update:
[Black Magic Arc: Regarding Revenge] Be wary of inquisitors.
A few dozen more trips later and the talk with Meila triggered on it's own. This updated the quest again:
[Black Magic Arc: Regarding Revenge] Keep being wary of inquisitors.
Tavern peaking didn't so anything so I did the next logical thing: Strip naked and spammed the explore button until something happened. After shooing off a couple potential mates, Gemma finally showed her face. The wiki made the fight seem much worse than it actually was. After building some lust stacks Gemma could barely fight back letting me spam lightning strike until she succumbed to her wounds. The inquisitor that came was a pushover in comparison.

outsider artisan

Game Developer
Jun 14, 2020
Tavern peaking didn't so anything so I did the next logical thing: Strip naked and spammed the explore button until something happened. After shooing off a couple potential mates, Gemma finally showed her face. The wiki made the fight seem much worse than it actually was. After building some lust stacks Gemma could barely fight back letting me spam lightning strike until she succumbed to her wounds. The inquisitor that came was a pushover in comparison.
Yeah, ideally once the game has more content, generally you'll be having this quest update in the background while you're doing other things. As for Gemma, she can do a lot of damage fast with embers and you can't deflect, but if you're high enough level you'll probably be fine. That said, she's the only boss that killed me while testing so far.

4.00 star(s) 3 Votes