5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

BadmanBaxter

May 28, 2019
Thanks for that bit of support. For those that have missed it, portions of this story are slightly auto-biographical, and I do have a very soft spot for Becky as a result. Mea culpa.

Past that, however, there's something else I'll throw out. As you might imagine, I have a lot of time and energy invested in FF&S. (I've been at it for about 4.5 years.) Over that time, at least within my feeble brain, many of the characters have sort of taken on lives of their own, with their own individual personalities and natures. (I suspect other authors will understand what I mean - I'm told they experience the same thing.)

As a result of that, I have a hard time writing a scene in which a particular character "goes against their nature" as "their nature" has evolved in my brain. Melanie, for example, is a very "free spirit" when it comes to sex, so she has very few limits in terms of what she'll do. (Or who she'll do, as you just saw. :D ) Thus, it's pretty easy writing scenes for her. Ditto Becky's mother. (Granted, no scenes published for her yet, but there's one in the wings waiting to be rendered.) Some of the other combinations that have been mentioned, however, go very much "against the characters' grain" for me.

Take that "Becky and Carl" scene, for example. Who's going to "initiate" that particular sequence? Becky? She's conflicted enough that we're having enough trouble getting her over the hump with Parker, much less suddenly deciding to jump Carl's bones. Carl? He's a pretty stand-up guy, deep down. Would he suddenly go after his best friend's girl? (Particularly because he tried hard to dissuade Becky from having those photos taken out of concern for the two of them.)

When coming up with STDH scenes, I'm finding that I kind of mentally put my characters into "slightly alternate" situations and then almost stand back and watch the scene play out between them in my head. (FYI, the one scene with Becky that was in the first release of STDH was very hard for this reason, because it was rather against her nature, but I felt that I needed to have at least one Becky scene, "just because.")

So, I'm not saying that some of the scenes that have been requested couldn't be written, just that I myself would have a hard time writing them, at least right now while I haven't finished the main story. Maybe later on I'll be able to come up with "alternate personas" for some of the characters that would allow me to go where people want me to go. We'll see.

Anyway, hopefully all of you can at least follow what I'm talking about. I'm not saying that I might not eventually "get there," just trying to illustrate the issue I have at present with my limited writing ability.

Oh, and please understand that I do take the fact that many of you want to see these characters in other situations as a significant compliment, even if I'm struggling to fulfill your desires.
I get that for me personally it would just be for Becky to fall in to the trap. She does the photos with Carl to save Parker but obviously as with every other character the officers get her this time. I can totally understand why you might be reluctant to go this route as she is a lovely character but hopefully maybe 1 day in the future I might get the Becky saga in STDH

mrMarko

Jan 10, 2021
Hi Rich
I renew my compliments here for the main game update, only because there was a little thing that left a bitter taste in my mouth.
I understand that in the game we only have Parker's point of view, but at this point we need to use STDH to witness Becky's massage at the spa, and maybe with a happy ending!! :love:

Reactions: Penfold Mole

L.Lumpy

Jan 3, 2019
When is this making it's way here, or is that $2 tier your public release ;)
This has been discussed several times in this thread. Rich doesn't release the projects "free" on either Patreon or SubscribeStar. Sometimes, if he's feeling particularly kind, he'll post a copy here after a while, but not always. Depends on his mood, I guess. Other times, one of his patrons or subscribers will post a copy here (i.e. a "pirate post.") I've done this a few times, again depending on my mood.

But, if it's not worth $1 or $2 to you, well, I guess you just have to have patience and hope.

SonsOfLiberty

Post Pro
Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
This has been discussed several times in this thread. Rich doesn't release the projects "free" on either Patreon or SubscribeStar. Sometimes, if he's feeling particularly kind, he'll post a copy here after a while, but not always. Depends on his mood, I guess. Other times, one of his patrons or subscribers will post a copy here (i.e. a "pirate post.") I've done this a few times, again depending on my mood.

But, if it's not worth $1 or $2 to you, well, I guess you just have to have patience and hope.
The last few he has posted here. The point I'm making like other dev's there $1 and $2 tier is public release, as in public for someone else to post it here...hence why asked if the $2 tier is more or less the public tier...

LSC82

Engaged Member
Jul 27, 2020
Thanks! I have several more STDH stories on the back burner, so more yet to come.
Great, at this point i am a lot more interested in these than the base game.

Things i would love to see are Becky, Melanie and Parker.
And Becky, her mom and Parker (could start as the mom teaching, but still they go at each other while Parker pounds away at either).

L.Lumpy

Jan 3, 2019
The last few he has posted here.
Yes. For which (IMHO) he's received a lot less gratitude than I would have expected.

The point I'm making like other dev's there $1 and $2 tier is public release, as in public for someone else to post it here...hence why asked if the $2 tier is more or less the public tier...
Since what you're really saying is "hey, one of you guys that's paying, how about you post it here," why don't you just say "hey, one of you guys that's paying, how about you post it here?"

Asking if a paid tier (even just $1 or $2) is a "public" release is an oxymoron. If it's paid, it isn't public. Anything posted here by anyone other than Rich is a "pirate" release, not a "public" release, plain and simple.

Reactions: KiGa and Rich

Rich

Old Fart
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 25, 2017
Great, at this point i am a lot more interested in these than the base game.
Well, at least I've managed to make something that interests you... (Big Grin)

Things i would love to see are Becky, Melanie and Parker.
And Becky, her mom and Parker (could start as the mom teaching, but still they go at each other while Parker pounds away at either).
Interesting thoughts. Particularly the second one - that's a combination nobody has actually suggested to date.

I'll keep it in mind.

SonsOfLiberty

Post Pro
Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
Asking if a paid tier (even just $1 or $2) is a "public" release is an oxymoron. If it's paid, it isn't public. Anything posted here by anyone other than Rich is a "pirate" release, not a "public" release, plain and simple.
Yes, many developers do public releases that are paid for, I can show you many upon many examples.

, I can go on with many more examples of "public releases" as many developers now put their public release under the $1 tier, but it is still a fucking public release.

Especially with Patreon since you aren't allowed to make "nudity" in a public post even though many still do it.

And no I'm not asking for the people who fucking paid to leak it...

LSC82

Engaged Member
Jul 27, 2020
Well, at least I've managed to make something that interests you... (Big Grin)

Interesting thoughts. Particularly the second one - that's a combination nobody has actually suggested to date.

I'll keep it in mind.
The thing is, it's the same characters and here they are more often put in situations/combinations that i was looking forward to.
But if i didn't get the intro of the original story it wouldn't really mean anything... so you need both, though now this is my favorite.

And glad i can provide fresh ideas.

duckydoodoo

Nov 9, 2023
Yes. For which (IMHO) he's received a lot less gratitude than I would have expected.

Since what you're really saying is "hey, one of you guys that's paying, how about you post it here," why don't you just say "hey, one of you guys that's paying, how about you post it here?"

I am confused, why are you preaching etiquette on a pirate forum?

you must be jack sparrows daddy, my bad!

SonsOfLiberty

Post Pro
Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
Yes, I would like more of these releases as well, as I like this a lot better than the "main game" but hey, I know the "main game" will always take priority and the tags/content in this game will never be in that game :confused:

I don't even pay for the main game, I pay for this :ROFLMAO:

MIkedante

Dec 10, 2019
Isn't that funny, that even in STDH is Becky (which is main LI of game) the one, who standing in dark corner without attention with one short "semi-lesbian" story to offer? What a shame...

Reactions: tyby.89

Draakaap23

Dying is always an option
Donor
Jul 5, 2017
Becky just isn't very interesting as a character, also her being a virgin and all makes her story-wise very 1 dimensional.... Unless the writer want's to go off script and have her go off the reservation for an orgy or a gang bang or something :p

Reactions: LSC82

MIkedante

Dec 10, 2019
Becky just isn't very interesting as a character, also her being a virgin and all makes her story-wise very 1 dimensional.... Unless the writer want's to go off script and have her go off the reservation for an orgy or a gang bang or something :p
That's why this one is called STDH. Because it's not possible in main game. If same parameters are valid in both of them, then this one is pointless.

Reactions: LSC82

Rich

Old Fart
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 25, 2017
Isn't that funny, that even in STDH is Becky (which is main LI of game) the one, who standing in dark corner without attention with one short "semi-lesbian" story to offer? What a shame...
There will be more Becky content in STDH in the future.

STDH is exactly the place for scenes that just didn't fit into the main project. The reasons for "don't fit" can vary widely. Some could have to do with the character's personality. Some could have to do with "I just didn't think of it until now." Some could have to do with "I have an emotional attachment to Becky due to some auto-biographical elements in the story" (which I've mentioned before).

That's why this one is called STDH. Because it's not possible in main game. If same parameters are valid in both of them, then this one is pointless.
Quite. The same parameters do not hold. Just as an example, there's no incest in the main project. Here, however, we have Parker and Melanie. And Melanie and her uncle. And Melissa and her brother. And who knows what else may come?

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes