Tool Others F95Checker [WillyJL]

5.00 star(s) 21 Votes

batblue

Sep 6, 2021
Gotten curious I did a search, as I might someday get tempted enough to get a MacBook (not very likely but you never know, I'm already contemplating Linux Mint).
Not being a Mac user I don't know if this applies here, but your symptom does seem to indicate something similar may be the reason.
I found a reference on Reddit from a user which also experienced delays when running an app from the dock, although he saw it after every system restart and/or apps not used in a long time.
Even so this situation isn't exactly the same, the might give you a clue where to look for the cause.
Really interesting thread! I've been a Mac user for years and didn't know about this. If this is what's causing the problem, then I guess the next question is why it takes so much longer for F95Checker than other apps.

FaceCrap

Oct 1, 2020
would it be possible to have the 'Notes' window text wrap based on window width.
I'm assuming (yes, I know, the mother of all fuckups) you're referring to the Notes tab in the More Info popup?
The thing is, the UI is built using a third-party library, and sadly this means that some feature requests are beyond the dev's capabilities.

As you've noticed, and which probably spawned the question, the Changelog and Description tabs do have auto-word-wrap functionality.
This is because the used widget here is a non-editable text component which does have this functionality built-in
The Notes tab however uses a relative simple multiline text input widget, and sadly auto-word-wrap functionality is still on the wishlist for this one.
. The alternatives simply aren't an option given the purpose of this tab.

So, for the time being your simplest option is to put hard returns in your Note text, which is an immediate solution.
That or put whatever review you're wanting to put here in a regular text file instead.
Save that someplace it won't get removed if you remove the game and put a reminder (path/file) in the note to where you saved it.

ascsd

Jul 26, 2021
The Notes tab however uses a relative simple multiline text input widget, and sadly auto-word-wrap functionality is still on the wishlist for this one.
im creating a program for myself and decided to use pyimgui inspired by f95checker. this was a headache to create a workaround for.
had to calculate font width compared to widget width and figure out which letter to add a line-break on, then use the new text as the output
and keep track of all the newly added line-breaks to keep another column aligned correctly

cant really call it a solution bc its buggy as hell :confused:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
feel your pain ascsd i remember trying to have line wrapping and gave up after like an hour, definitely not worth the struggle IMO.
FWIW, i suggest you avoid pyimgui and look to updated alternatives, such as . this includes a bunch of premade widgets, support, and automatically generated bindings for new imgui versions. pyimgui is likely not going to be updated anytime soon as the maintainer just doesnt have the time anymore, and i cant blame him, its a huge task. i want to eventually look at switching f95checker to imgui_bundle, but seems like there will be a huge amount of quirks to work out, so if you dont have a big codebase yet maybe switch now ;)

Reactions: ascsd

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
Not only Apple... see below for a totally different issue.

And you probably installed and re-installed the extension from AMO using that icon in the beta's Extension section of the settings... and that's not going to work because the way the icons are used has changed.
And the AMO version will probably only get updated once the beta becomes an official release. (see edit)
I forgot about this but this has been an issue for a while now when switching from release to beta version... I used to only be able to install the extension from local source in the Developer version, but neither my original trick nor the one @r37r05p3C7 pointed me to seem to work anymore in that version. The first method just keeps complaining about a corrupted extension and the second just doesn't do anything anymore.

EDIT: I'm awaiting permission from WillyJL to upload a signed copy of the extension for Firefox that works with the beta.
As soon as he approves, I'll add it as temporary attachment to this post until F95Checker is released publicly.

View attachment 4006812

Ok, permission is in. Please note that it says Beta in the name, and will have a different ID than the official one... best is to temporarily disable the official one from AMO instead of removing.
and as soon as the public version goes out, this one will be removed and you'll need to redownload from AMO, deleting/removing this one from your browser.
Unzip the extension and drop it on the Extension page. If you have your browser set as system default, double-click probably works too. Can't verify that myself.
beta version of the extension has just been approved on AMO!

i have also updated the extension section of the sidebar, now if running a beta version (release = False in main.py) it will open the link for the beta extension. chrome install is unaffected since that one always used files shipped with the program anyway, because fuck google's ToS

ascsd

Jul 26, 2021
feel your pain ascsd i remember trying to have line wrapping and gave up after like an hour, definitely not worth the struggle IMO.
FWIW, i suggest you avoid pyimgui and look to updated alternatives, such as . this includes a bunch of premade widgets, support, and automatically generated bindings for new imgui versions. pyimgui is likely not going to be updated anytime soon as the maintainer just doesnt have the time anymore, and i cant blame him, its a huge task. i want to eventually look at switching f95checker to imgui_bundle, but seems like there will be a huge amount of quirks to work out, so if you dont have a big codebase yet maybe switch now ;)
thanks for the heads up! started this when i had some free time but the concept of free time seems like a pipedream now :ROFLMAO:

tbh i think i gave up halfway because of how tedious using pyimgui is for something that isnt straight forward and the way it wants you to use it.
Was using your codebase as a reference which made me appreciate just how much design and work you've put into this. but you also caught a few stray swears of frustration from me because i decided to follow your footsteps and use pyimgui. You made it look too easy :FacePalm:

tbf your github commit messages should have been a warning sign :ROFLMAO:

egon725

Sep 24, 2022
This tool is not really compatible with 4k-Resolution in Windows, you need to force the scaling by system.
This results in a blurry screen.

ascsd

Jul 26, 2021
This tool is not really compatible with 4k-Resolution in Windows, you need to force the scaling by system.
This results in a blurry screen.
have you tried playing with "Scaling" under the Interface setting?

also with windows you can right-click a program, Properties > Compatibility > Change high DPI settings and one of those options can sometimes help

Luci3per

Apr 5, 2023
Good morning,
is it possible to sort games by developer ?? If so how??
Sorry for the question, but my English is at freezing point and searching 80 pages is a superhuman effort for me....
Thanks for your reply....
Translate by google.

GrammerCop

Donor
Mar 15, 2020
Good morning,
is it possible to sort games by developer ?? If so how??
Sorry for the question, but my English is at freezing point and searching 80 pages is a superhuman effort for me....
Thanks for your reply....
Translate by google.
Right-click the column headers and check column [Developer].
1726058652146.png

M0narh

May 20, 2024
I noticed that when I press refresh, the sorting resets. For example, it was sorted by 'Finished' and after refreshing it gets messed up.
(11.0 beta 1194)

rentalunshipped982

Mar 23, 2023
I noticed that when I press refresh, the sorting resets. For example, it was sorted by 'Finished' and after refreshing it gets messed up.
(11.0 beta 1194)
Same problem here.

Edit: This also happens for me when pressing other buttons. For example when ticking either the finished or installed box.

Last edited:

Jarulf

Formerly 'AbsolutelyNotJarulf'
Aug 9, 2020
how do i add a game which is already in my pc?????????
Once you've entered the url to the game thread here on f93 at the bottom of the window and fetched the info, right click on the entry to update the info. Then left click the game to bring up the info screen for the game. Pick 'add exe' and go to the directory where you've saved the game and click on the *.exe or *.sh file (depending on if you're running windows or Linux, don't know about others) You may want to tick either box that says Played and Installed.

Do note that this tool will not download and install games for you, that's something you will always have to do on your own.

GAB

Salty Montrealer
Donor
May 10, 2017
feature request (although I'm stuck at one part of the development)
1726319900664.png
Add a button that leads to the search result of compressed version of a game thread. Since compressed version are not linked to the main thread anymore, the only way is to search on the game thread.
Similar to the Thread button already present on the checker, all it would do is open the link as above but replace the numbers after [thread] to what the thread ID is. There's already a #ID existent on the checker, only issue is idk what the bigger number on the left stands for

The idea is not as risky as copying the mirrors link and would save a few clicks each time.

5.00 star(s) 21 Votes