AngelsAfterDark

Jun 11, 2021
Absolutely. I was disappointed we never got to see her again.

I mean for one thing their initiation is markedly different to the Wolves. They beat the shit out of you essentially, while giving off that whole "Most Dangerous Game" vibe. And on top of that, all the major characters are assholes. The dichotomy is that the Wolves are about brotherhood, the Apes are about winning at all costs. If you look at RPGs and player tendencies to lean towards playing "good guy" characters then it's not surprising that the Wolves are more appealing.
Lol I thought I was the only one who felt like the girl walking past MC before that dude bumped into him was literally the most attractive girl in the game.. And she literally just appeared in that one scene for a few seconds.. She needs to be an LI, can't be putting such a beauty to waste in a game like this lol

Reactions: Mr. Darke

HogRocket

Engaged Member
Jun 8, 2020

I mean for one thing their initiation is markedly different to the Wolves. They beat the shit out of you essentially, while giving off that whole "Most Dangerous Game" vibe. And on top of that, all the major characters are assholes. The dichotomy is that the Wolves are about brotherhood, the Apes are about winning at all costs. If you look at RPGs and player tendencies to lean towards playing "good guy" characters then it's not surprising that the Wolves are more appealing.
Yeah, when I first played I explored the Ape path for a hot second and it was so unappealing that I figured we weren't SUPPOSED to pick it and would end up being steered back to the Wolves at some point.

Mr. Darke

Jan 17, 2020
I mean for one thing their initiation is markedly different to the Wolves. They beat the shit out of you essentially, while giving off that whole "Most Dangerous Game" vibe. And on top of that, all the major characters are assholes. The dichotomy is that the Wolves are about brotherhood, the Apes are about winning at all costs.
The initiations are very different, and the apes in terms of what they do outside of fighting are different, but it seemed more "fun" overall to me. Not necessarily fun to actually go through per se, but more interesting from a meta perspective imho.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

In terms of them just being assholes? Eh... maybe? I like how they're done (so far) to be honest because it isn't quite that simple as they have layers. They do believe in having each other's backs too.

They just genuinely seem to have your back and be supportive of you even if they go about it in the most frat-bro-ish way possible. There's also the fact that so far, what are they doing to win exactly that could be considered wrong or being willing to do anything? That's the aspect in particular that seems no different from the Wolves outside of dialogue. We've been told, but not shown anything on that front. I mean there seems to be no performance enhancing drugs used, cheating, or anything like that.

Again, not knocking your view and can see your point... it's just for me personally, they're more "fun" from a player perspective. Maybe not so much if one had to actually go through that but even then, I dunno. Some of that could be considered fun lol. And everything they've done is Frat Light compared to the real stuff that one normally has to do to pledge... not that I support hazing.

Reactions: PlayerUnknown47

Mr. Darke

Jan 17, 2020
Lol I thought I was the only one who felt like the girl walking past MC before that dude bumped into him was literally the most attractive girl in the game.. And she literally just appeared in that one scene for a few seconds.. She needs to be an LI, can't be putting such a beauty to waste in a game like this lol
Indeed, gentlemen. Indeed.

Wishlist LI2.jpg

Reactions: Pinsel

HogRocket

Engaged Member
Jun 8, 2020
I just did an Ape playthrough to see what it was. Other than the Samantha storyline, so far I still think I prefer the Wolf storyline. The one thing it did make me remember is....

DAMN THERE'S SOME SMOKING HOT GIRLS IN THIS GAME!! :love: :love: :love: :LOL::LOL:

The Ape storyline isn't bad or anything, it's just the "brotherhood" aspect of the Wolves appeals to me more than the "kill everyone, claw to the top" mentality of the Apes. I've had to live both, and prefer brotherhood. I'm going to play both storylines going forward, because they both have things going for them.

Meh, what matters in the end is how many girls I get to romance ;):cool::love:

zetsupetsu

Dec 22, 2019
Was going through the images and saw this. Who is she? I don't remember meeting her during the Boat Murder mini game. Is this Lindsey wearing a disguise?

Mr. Darke

Jan 17, 2020
Was going through the images and saw this. Who is she? I don't remember meeting her during the Boat Murder mini game. Is this Lindsey wearing a disguise?
That is Samantha. She doesn't usually have glasses on but that was part of her costume for the game. While she can be seen regardless of route taken, it is the Apes route that makes it to where the player can have more interaction with her as she is
And yes, I think she's one of the hottest in zeh game and want some real scenes with her other than
lol.

EfontMan

Aug 23, 2021
it is the Apes route that makes it to where the player can have more interaction with her
Specifically in this case, she only comes on the Europe trip if you are an Ape. She's the alternative option to Ms Rose. Wolves have a route for Ms Rose, Apes have a route for Sam.

Mr. Darke

Jan 17, 2020
Is there a compressed patch only? If not, can I get one, please?
I'm not exactly sure what you're asking, but maybe/hopefully Techstar's post is it...

College Kings [v13.1.1] [Undergrad Steve] - Compressed
You like this game and want to support the developer, click on the developer name below.

Developer:

This compression is unofficial which reduces media quality and might break the game.

Original Win/Linux Size: 14 GB+
Compressed Win/Linux Size: 2.79 GB MEGA

Original Mac Size: 14 GB+
Compressed Mac Size: 2.78 GB MEGA
PS: For Mac, after unarchive you will still see the version is v13.0.1 but it actually v13.1.1 as I forgot to rename it.

Give me a "(y)like" if you enjoy this compressed version

EfontMan

Aug 23, 2021
What does KCT and Real Life mode do?
Real Life mode disables being able to roll back, so you are committed to whatever choices you make. Think of it like a budget Iron Man mode.

KCT is the personality triangle. Certain characters respond to one particular type. There are some choices that are locked behind a particular personality. In practice, the only one of any real consequence is Popular gating access to scenes with Amber. For the other two there's just a few lines of dialogue. At least so far. Possibly in future episodes it may be more relevant.

3.20 star(s) 196 Votes