Aug 18, 2019
i just don't know how you can't sue a guy for saying "i got 4000 renders done, RIGHT NOW" like 2 years ago, and then 2 years later he is struggling to make 700 ... i mean, how is he not just a straight up liar?

"what is your name?" to braindrop

"tiffany, i am tiger wood's 3rd underage daughter"

like, just a straight fucking liar - - ((i'm being liberal with the info, but you get the gist))

TylerSteel

Dec 5, 2023
He has never heard of "under promise, over deliver". If the up date is to drop on 9/26. I would think that would mean you can play it on 9/26. This isn't college where your getting your paper in at 11:59:59 so that you can get credit for a report.

motseer

Engaged Member
Dec 17, 2021
...lets not forget that compiling the whole thing has still to be done...
Nope. That was always a lie. There is no such thing as "compiling" in a Ren'Py VN. It's (basically) just pics in folders and a script file. Some devs go to the trouble to archive the renders which compresses the file size and actually makes things run more smoothly. I don't think BD bothers with optimization techniques...

armion82

Message Maven
Mar 28, 2017
Nope. That was always a lie. There is no such thing as "compiling" in a Ren'Py VN. It's (basically) just pics in folders and a script file. Some devs go to the trouble to archive the renders which compresses the file size and actually makes things run more smoothly. I don't think BD bothers with optimization techniques...
Don't give him more ideas.

• Haha
Reactions: motseer

KMDavis

Jul 13, 2021
BrainDrop: "I've run into an optimization issue. No update this week. Still keeping Patreon unpaused to pay for troubleshooting." LOL

• Haha
  • Yay, new update!
Reactions: 95er and motseer

Shouki

Jul 30, 2020
I don't think I've ever hoped for a dev to blow past their release date as much as I do right now. The excuses we'll get after a week of radio silence without an update would be so fucking peak
Sadly, I don't think that is gonna happen. He has to make up an excuse for unpausing payments. Will he deliver the whole thing that he talked about? 99% says not. But probably like a third or half of it will be out at the end of the week.

If he fails and still unpauses payments... (which is probably the 2nd most likely scenario) then I am honestly hoping some good samaritans will keep posting the status of Discord.

Grif1001

Game Developer
Aug 30, 2017
i just don't know how you can't sue a guy for saying "i got 4000 renders done, RIGHT NOW" like 2 years ago, and then 2 years later he is struggling to make 700 ... i mean, how is he not just a straight up liar?

"what is your name?" to braindrop

"tiffany, i am tiger wood's 3rd underage daughter"

like, just a straight fucking liar - - ((i'm being liberal with the info, but you get the gist))
If I had a supporter for every lie he's told, I'd have way more supporters than him, just saying...

DosTacos

Nov 3, 2020
The more I think about it, the more I'm convinced that good ol BD is a pure soul who tells nothing but the honest truth while being the unluckiest human being alive.

In fact, I just got off the phone with McKenzie (call her under 555-B-U-L-L-S-H-I-T any time)

Who told me that while BD is uploading the dalia content on his c64 (you know paused pledges and shit)

His house did indeed catch fire and he and his family will be homeless for the foreseeable future, so no updates in 2025.

Sorry but best of luck to you BD, you poor soul.

3.70 star(s) 647 Votes