nopeno

Sep 24, 2018
So, I'm having quite a few issues with the sound desyncing with the animations while the animations are slowing down, and the sound sync plugin has not managed to solve this. I'm trying to figure out why, so I'll post some info and some questions, since I'm quite new to this, and maybe someone with more experience has some ideas.

First of all, I'm trying to figure out if it's a hardware or driver issue. I doubt it, since my PC is no slouch but here are the specs, just to make sure: 5800X3D, 7900XTX, 32GB of RAM, everything on an SSD of course.

Two things I have noticed, this seems to happen far more when editing a scene and replacing a character with a custom character, however saving the scene after modifying it and re-loading directly into it doesn't seem to improve the performance.

So far, I have attempted tweaking the settings, tried this performance patch: , running with and without cache, wiping it, but nothing has helped much.

That being said, I do have some(quite a few) missing dependencies. Could these affect performance? I don't notice the differences in the scenes without them, but if they impact performance, I'll take the time to hunt them down.

moc587

Jun 6, 2022
So, I'm having quite a few issues with the sound desyncing with the animations while the animations are slowing down, and the sound sync plugin has not managed to solve this. I'm trying to figure out why, so I'll post some info and some questions, since I'm quite new to this, and maybe someone with more experience has some ideas.

First of all, I'm trying to figure out if it's a hardware or driver issue. I doubt it, since my PC is no slouch but here are the specs, just to make sure: 5800X3D, 7900XTX, 32GB of RAM, everything on an SSD of course.
the sound desyncing is common issue with vam. if you get a lag spike or slow downs, sound will desync and that usually fixes this issue. even with top of the line specs, vam will still be janky af lol.
anyways can you explain more about the scene, is it playing a long audio through just the audiosource? does it use timeline for animations? timeline has builtin audio sync feature.
Two things I have noticed, this seems to happen far more when editing a scene and replacing a character with a custom character, however saving the scene after modifying it and re-loading directly into it doesn't seem to improve the performance.
not sure whats going on here. by low perfomance you mean low fps right? it could be a memory leak. are you running latest version of vam? monitor how much ram Vam is using and if its increasing each time you load a character. if so then User Preferences > Performance 2 > Trigger memory optimization now. memory leak was thing for a while and was kinda fixed in one of the "recent" updates, but i have still encountered it when i tried vam on linux.
That being said, I do have some(quite a few) missing dependencies. Could these affect performance? I don't notice the differences in the scenes without them, but if they impact performance, I'll take the time to hunt them down.
i dont think missing dependencies cause issues like that, nor does the cache. but the performance patch is almost essential for amd cpus. it increases cpu performance by quite a big margin.

nopeno

Sep 24, 2018
anyways can you explain more about the scene, is it playing a long audio through just the audiosource? does it use timeline for animations? timeline has builtin audio sync feature.
It's not just one scene, it is multiple, actually. I can give you a few examples: or
I don't know how to answer the other 2 questions, as I said, I'm pretty new to this. I do think it has timeline, it did install as a dependency, but I'm not 100% sure.

by low perfomance you mean low fps right
It depends, actually, on the settings. If I go into user preferences and set the physics refresh rate to 45hz, the FPS drops, but the desync is less than on auto (which sets it at 90hz IIRC), but it is still very noticeable. If, however, I set it to 244hz, the FPS increases, but the animation basically goes into bullet-time.

sound will desync and that usually fixes this issue
It helps sometimes, but is far from completely solving it. However, that may very well be because I am not configuring it right and choosing the wrong audio source.

are you running latest version of vam?
I'm running 1.22.0.3. AFAIK, that seems to be the latest.

monitor how much ram Vam is using and if its increasing each time you load a character. if so then User Preferences > Performance 2 > Trigger memory optimization now
I haven't checked this specifically(I had hoped 24 bloody gigs of VRAM and 32 gigs of RAM would be enough for any non-production workload, lol), but I have run the optimizer a few times. Although, that was on a previous installation where I had everything and the kitchen sink installed as mods, and I had read that that can be a reason for slowdowns, so I reinstalled everything from scratch, going for a lighter build. I don't remember exactly if I have run it this time, I'll try to monitor and see if these suggestions work when I find some time, TYVM.

Tomboy Enjoyer

Jr. Uploader
Aug 4, 2021
It's not just one scene, it is multiple, actually. I can give you a few examples: or
I don't know how to answer the other 2 questions, as I said, I'm pretty new to this. I do think it has timeline, it did install as a dependency, but I'm not 100% sure.

It depends, actually, on the settings. If I go into user preferences and set the physics refresh rate to 45hz, the FPS drops, but the desync is less than on auto (which sets it at 90hz IIRC), but it is still very noticeable. If, however, I set it to 244hz, the FPS increases, but the animation basically goes into bullet-time.

It helps sometimes, but is far from completely solving it. However, that may very well be because I am not configuring it right and choosing the wrong audio source.

I'm running 1.22.0.3. AFAIK, that seems to be the latest.

I haven't checked this specifically(I had hoped 24 bloody gigs of VRAM and 32 gigs of RAM would be enough for any non-production workload, lol), but I have run the optimizer a few times. Although, that was on a previous installation where I had everything and the kitchen sink installed as mods, and I had read that that can be a reason for slowdowns, so I reinstalled everything from scratch, going for a lighter build. I don't remember exactly if I have run it this time, I'll try to monitor and see if these suggestions work when I find some time, TYVM.
Use this . It's a true gamechanger!
No more stutters or long load times and after testing around with heavy scenes, FPS also increased for me.
Iam already using the cpu fix and the FSR mod for quite some time but this plugin is out of this world.

nightsight

Game Developer
Mar 25, 2019
do you have to have VR set to use this program oO? reason i been ignoring it but now im curious

Afyyyy

Sep 18, 2017
1726534209813.png

i just saw a video with this menu and its been like 2 days after looking for this and the Chun-li in the Pic is a paid one from Frostbane3D which is the best one imo but can anyone tell me what to use menu like that ingame idk what i need for this
1726534365966.png
Its blurry but its one of this things that the ones that have it or seen it will know what it is but i can't seem to figure it out i got alot of plugins and menus was trying to look for this room and the menu but as i said i am new and i am dumb atm so if anybody helped that be Awesome!

Reactions: ftsomb

moc587

Jun 6, 2022
Its blurry but its one of this things that the ones that have it or seen it will know what it is but i can't seem to figure it out i got alot of plugins and menus was trying to look for this room and the menu but as i said i am new and i am dumb atm so if anybody helped that be Awesome!
those just look like "UI button" and "UI toggle" atoms which are built-in stuff in vam. they are used to execute "triggers", you can think of these as the logic of the scene. i wont go into depth about that, they get really complicated especially for something like this. anyway this means these are scene specific and will not work in other scenes. if you find the original scene and saved these atoms as a subscene (we are getting into the nitty gritty here) and tried to load it into new scene, for it to work, all the atoms names and plugins positions etc. should be the exact same as the base scene or else the triggers will break (will point to something that doesnt exist). if you want to learn about triggers check out this .
And when working with them in your scene, id avoid using uibutton and uitoggle atoms. they are individual atoms and will bloat your scene. more atoms you have, the longer it will take for scene to load. so id suggest or .

• Red Heart
Reactions: Afyyyy

Afyyyy

Sep 18, 2017
those just look like "UI button" and "UI toggle" atoms which are built-in stuff in vam. they are used to execute "triggers", you can think of these as the logic of the scene. i wont go into depth about that, they get really complicated especially for something like this. anyway this means these are scene specific and will not work in other scenes. if you find the original scene and saved these atoms as a subscene (we are getting into the nitty gritty here) and tried to load it into new scene, for it to work, all the atoms names and plugins positions etc. should be the exact same as the base scene or else the triggers will break (will point to something that doesnt exist). if you want to learn about triggers check out this .
And when working with them in your scene, id avoid using uibutton and uitoggle atoms. they are individual atoms and will bloat your scene. more atoms you have, the longer it will take for scene to load. so id suggest or .
This was Helpful Thank alot!

Tomboy Enjoyer

Jr. Uploader
Aug 4, 2021
View attachment 4041426

i just saw a video with this menu and its been like 2 days after looking for this and the Chun-li in the Pic is a paid one from Frostbane3D which is the best one imo but can anyone tell me what to use menu like that ingame idk what i need for this
View attachment 4041428
is the scene from your screenshots. It's alright for a free scene

• Red Heart
Reactions: Afyyyy

brasileirinho

Apr 28, 2021
View attachment 4041426

View attachment 4041428
This scene:
Try to reverse engineer it

Afyyyy

Sep 18, 2017
This scene:
Try to reverse engineer it
I am new to Virt a Mate and the message above you before me has this link too i was Just looking for this but now idk if i can add more scenes sometimes i try adding a girl and some times girls don't even have hair cuz its an asset instead of Hair that's annoying but i tried messing in that scene but i still don't know how to add scene or anything from other scene and tried looking for a scene like that with already controls but no luck and this guy that made it i hope he updates it soon

leproso0413

May 26, 2017
There are two ways to do install new scenes/looks:
  1. When in VaM, click the "Hub Browse" icon, select any look/scene you like, then click on "Download all".
    View attachment 1933403
    View attachment 1933405
  2. If you download a look/scene from any other source (i.e. from here), you'll end up with one or more *.var files which you have to put into the AddonPackages subfolder of VaM.
Once you've downloaded and installed the new looks/scene, you should find the new scene in VaM's Scene browser.
View attachment 1933410
If loading the scene produces errors because of missing packages, open the "Hub Browse" menu again, click on "Scan Hub for Missing Referenced Packages" and click "Download All" again.
View attachment 1933459

If looks do not come with a demo scene, you should be able to load looks by clicking on a character in your scene, then "Select Root", finally click on the "Control & Physics 1" tab and then on "Load Look...".
View attachment 1933415
If a new look comes with a demo scene but without a separate looks file, load the scene, click on the character and instead of "Load Look..." use the "Save Look..." button in the menu I mentioned before to save the look. Now you can load this look into any other scene as described above.
I did all those steps and it worked, the only thing is that when I load the look, the hair does not appear on the character, do you know how to import it as a look or how to create a hair asset to import it to the character?

theMickey_

Engaged Member
Mar 19, 2020
I did all those steps and it worked, the only thing is that when I load the look, the hair does not appear on the character...
Most probably because the "hair" is not hair, but a custom unity asset (CUA) -- search this thread for "cua manager", there's a lot of post of this exact issue.

4.70 star(s) 17 Votes