brasileirinho

Apr 28, 2021
Guys, i know there is alot of hoarders like me, i hoarded so much (~700gb) that ATOM PERSON suddenly takes 10 mins to load XD
Is there any way to fix it? It was decent (1-2 mins) for a while, but something broke the camels back and im not sure where to start checking.
To be clear, its only load so long for the first time,2-3 load is fine, but initial time is oof.
Also VaM started eating RAM, like 20GB of it.
(To be clear, it happens even if i just add person to the scene)
Maybe its easier to fresh install than to go through 700GB of content. You dont have to delete everything. Just move your favorite stuff to the new install location.

Also, I don't download every dependence from scenes. Plugins must be donwloaded to prevent issues, but assets like clothing, looks, etc can be ignored

I also like to delete normalmap texture from looks. They are huge and dont make too much difference in my opinion.

Another interesting tool is the var manager from the hub. It just moves stuff from your vam install to another place where it wont affect load times, because you cant use 700GB of content in a single day. So you pick what you want for that day and the rest is safely stored in another place.

You can also download the CPU patch from Vam hub. I noticed a big improvement in load times after using it.

Reactions: ButchMeathook

moc587

Jun 6, 2022
Guys, i know there is alot of hoarders like me, i hoarded so much (~700gb) that ATOM PERSON suddenly takes 10 mins to load XD
Is there any way to fix it? It was decent (1-2 mins) for a while, but something broke the camels back and im not sure where to start checking.
To be clear, its only load so long for the first time,2-3 load is fine, but initial time is oof.
i started using . this tool basically keeps all the vars u dont use in a different folder and loads it automatically when u need it. read this post for more details.

Tomboy Enjoyer

Jr. Uploader
Aug 4, 2021
Yeah, just export your favourite scenes and dependencies to a fresh installation.

There is a app called which promises to clean up your Vam folder.
It should also create new shortcuts from older plugin versions to the newer ones and deletes outdated stuff.
But the app crashes for me everytime when the scan is almost finished.
My Vam folder is like 360GB sitting on a gen4 M2 with 32gb of ram and an additional 50GB pagefile.

Idk if it is a Ram problem or the app is just outdated/trash.
Lemme know when you consider trying this instead and if it works for you.

Moeeeeeee

Nov 28, 2021
View attachment 1715399817301314 vam.exe 2024.05.10 - 17.22.43.06.mp4
View attachment 1715399850451601 vam.exe 2024.05.10 - 17.20.09.02.mp4
View attachment 1715399885346656 vam.exe 2024.05.10 - 16.18.51.01.mp4
does anyone know who made this rosalina?
shes not available anywhere

EDIT:
i found this link in rule34 comments but its gone now. does anyone have her? its by OniEkohvius

Also where do i find good cellulite normals? most on hub are barely visible

Last edited:
Reactions: IPRA

urhenmon

Oct 5, 2020
Reactions: Moeeeeeee

Moeeeeeee

Nov 28, 2021
Man I wish Noc_This would return to make a Rosalina similar to his Peach and Bowsette
Shioro's/Noc_this bowsette and peach took my heart
its free and its so good, like im in love with it
seriously the best stuff on vam
i wanna see daisy and rosa from them too

oniEkohvius however made the original vanilla princesses which are good in their own way.

Last edited:

ButchMeathook

Dec 26, 2023
A few more points. VAR Browser really helps with load time and helps keep AddonPackages somewhat slim. But there are other tools that are needed. Here is a brief list of other tools that help with VAM performance and stability:

I bought a new HD for a new PC build, so I was presented an opportunity to throw caution to the wind. I made some MASSIVE changes to my AddonPackages just to see what would happen.

- I installed sfishere's VAR browser which fixed the loading time problem.
- Then I used le_hibou's morphbloatscanner ( ) to identify the worst morph offenders and I removed them. This fixed the dreaded "Too many heap sections" problem.
- AND THEN I performed open heart surgery by using Pesadilla's DeDuplicator (LINK), which went INTO the VAR files and removed redundancies.
- Then, I used Bill Prime's VAR Manager ( ) to block redundant items from appearing in VAM (I don't think it removes anything).
- And finally, I stumbled across turtlebackgoofy's Performance Patch ( ) which made multi-thread process possible for the first time.

BOOM! My VAM installation with close to 2TB of VARs started up like it was a virgin install and ran faster than it ever did.

BUT as my current collection has pushed past 2.1TB and I have cluttered my AddonPackages with a lot of VARs with must-install, the load time has gotten slower. But I can use Var Browser to speed things up from time to time.

HTH
Mirrora Tomboy Enjoyer moc587 brasileirinho
Thank you so much for your answers! Followed them and found this usefull info! Followed these steps and ineed performance inmproved ALOT.

Reactions: Tomboy Enjoyer

darkmoonhydra

Jan 30, 2018
Hi, idk if you guys saw, but, there was a VaM2 news update with videos of the new VaM2 Addon Kit. I don't know if it flew under the radar here or what but at least I found it interesting so I figured I'd repost them here for anyone who might be interested.

The posts are free to read and has a lot of text so I won't repost the text here, also, here are the vids for convenience:

oklol111

Mar 7, 2021
Is there any way to copy or move from one scene to another? o_O

Second question, is there any way to copy lighting from one scene to another? For a newcomer like me, this is really difficult.

Last edited:

moc587

Jun 6, 2022
some splineVR looks have that. get the normals from there and combine it with the normal you already have, in something like substance painter. you can increase the strength with SP too.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Moeeeeeee

HentaiChap

Oct 24, 2021
View attachment 4012278
View attachment 4012279
View attachment 4012280
does anyone know who made this rosalina?
shes not available anywhere

EDIT:
i found this link in rule34 comments but its gone now. does anyone have her? its by OniEkohvius

I believe this is what you're looking for:

• Wow
Reactions: IPRA and Moeeeeeee

TheTwost

Mar 14, 2023
Does this still work? Figured I'd check before downloading something potentially outdated.

Edit: Just noticed the original post was last updated last month. Disregard my question. I haven't been here in awhile.

Last edited:
4.70 star(s) 17 Votes