VoidExile

Oct 1, 2018
I totally get not wanting to spend 70 hours reading of a slice-of-life story only to find out the bitch dies of cancer at the end and you're now a single dad.
I was personally reminded of Emma's solo ending from My Bully Is My Lover with this. I think people just don't want to be reminded of death while living through the mc's story. There is nothing happy about death, it only brings sadness. It's better if the story cuts off without a hint of death. The only exception is if you are intending to train people for that inevitability and even then, it should still be their choice if they want to be trained or face it when it comes.

VoidExile

Oct 1, 2018
Which game is it?
Decided to search it up again. I have it blocked but I remembered mistress being in the title. It's called: Kidnapped by the Mistress
Just play by making our MC Edwin being supportive of people around him and you won't be disappointed. Trust me.
Every time I play a game by following an evil route, I just feel bad. The thrill doesn't really outweigh pure love and companionship. Even being supportive, some games will still find a way to make you feel horrible just through a single action.

• Haha
Reactions: HUNUTAN

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
Every time I play a game by following an evil route, I just feel bad. The thrill doesn't really outweigh pure love and companionship. Even being supportive, some games will still find a way to make you feel horrible just through a single action.
There aren't evil and good routes. Everything's grey area in this game: some is dark grey area, some is light grey area.

Anyway, you do you.

Reactions: HUNUTAN and AwsHen

d5aqoep

Sep 2, 2021
So anyone else not feel intimidated by Kathleen? I cannot take her seriously after that readhead bodybuilder did her on the stage. Whenever the MC says Evil Bitch with regards to Kathleen, I chuckle a lot.

Reactions: chronox42

Takkatakka

Engaged Member
Nov 11, 2022
There aren't evil and good routes. Everything's grey area in this game: some is dark grey area, some is light grey area.

Anyway, you do you.
Weeell...at least so far it kinda makes the difference between making a shitty situation for the Carnations either at least somewhat better or stomp on them while they're down even more.

So while no path is really "good"...I mean...the really good path for Edwin would've been to not take Chuck's dubious offer, I guess...but then you wouldn't have a game...there certainly is a difference between being an ass and try to act at least somewhat decent.

d5aqoep

Sep 2, 2021
Move forward with the story and you'll see.
Completed the current version and my opinion remains unchanged.

Anyone guess what the final challenge would be?

Maybe the first carnation to get preg with MC's child is the winner. :p The game is heading in that direction with it's absurdity.

Last edited:
Reactions: HUNUTAN

TD1900

Game Developer
Dec 8, 2017
So anyone else not feel intimidated by Kathleen? I cannot take her seriously after that readhead bodybuilder did her on the stage. Whenever the MC says Evil Bitch with regards to Kathleen, I chuckle a lot.
I don't think its weird that you feel that way. Defanging Kathleen so early was a concern, but she's not really meant to be an untouchable villain. A couple of her plans backfire during the story, but she keeps on keepin' on, looking for other ways to bite back. I think that has its own edge, but even if you don't agree with that, evil doesn't have to be intimidating. She's picking on mostly helpless women after all. You could call that pathetic, but it doesn't change the fact that leveraging your dead sister's charity to find targets to satisfy your sadistic whims is no bueno.

Ungawa

Apr 16, 2017
... I just recently finished 4.3, just recently started 4.4 (Hana in the club is *chef's kiss*), and now there's previews of 4.5...

I look at all the unlocked scenes and personalities I've gone through and the variances and now I got even more to look into.

Man, PC can really take away the time but it's also worth it...

Ozymandias037

Sep 25, 2023
For the first two entries especially, it's a blend of my tastes. It takes a cheap exploitative premise ( a women in prison/ rape-revenge story), but executes it with an experimental flair that elevates the whole thing. Most importantly, it does that while being entertaining.
Oh man, that sounds really cool. It would be so great if there was some kind of interactive fiction that did this, like made you a part of the initially exploitative premise and not only gave it a unique spin but like let you control events too. Bonus points if it had like great character development and really made you feel things as you experienced the story. Does anyone know of such a thing?

Anyone?

Nah, didn't think so. Unicorns like that don't exist. Clearly. What a goddamn shame.

I was personally reminded of Emma's solo ending from My Bully Is My Lover with this. I think people just don't want to be reminded of death while living through the mc's story. There is nothing happy about death, it only brings sadness. It's better if the story cuts off without a hint of death. The only exception is if you are intending to train people for that inevitability and even then, it should still be their choice if they want to be trained or face it when it comes.
I was reminded of that as well. But the idea that it can "train" you as the player for such a loss... I don't want to be a downer or anything but I have to disagree with that even as an idea. I lost my mom a couple of months ago, at the end of June. And I gotta tell you, nothing can sufficiently "train" you for a loss like that.* Nothing.

*Insert appropriate disclaimers for people who have less close, more complicated, or nonexistent relationships with a parent, etc. My experience is not everyone's experience.

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
Interesting story and personalities. Got through week 2. This game's awakening the sadist in me lol. Is it still in development? Last update was 5 months ago.
My educated guess is that next update is coming out in late october - november. Just a guess, anyway.

Birdnman993

Dec 6, 2021

Anyway, you do you.
I disagree, clearly from the first moment we can be sons of bitches taking advantage of women in a vulnerable situation, letting all the sadistic instincts of the MC come out or trying to help them cope with their difficult situation by supporting them in whatever way we can.

And this is not only with the carnations, but also several characters like Mina, Hana or Killian and some more secondary characters.

4.90 star(s) 491 Votes