Unity - Completed - Mystwood Manor [v1.1.2] [Faerin]

1. 3.00 star(s)

spacezombie

Pretty decent management game.

The hotel management is a lot of fun and can get pretty challenging in the end, but there are cheats for those who just want to see the average story.

The story is okay, the mysterie was too easy, the stories of the characters are very simple nothing more.

The sex scenes have good animations but are very vanilla mostly so I got bored.

The personalitys of the characters are okay but not good I only really liked Hana and Laura everyone else was just kinda bland.

The models look pretty okay , no one is really ugly except the mother (I mean landlady) her face kinda looks like the Chad meme for me too muscular.

I also really like that the clothes of the characters get sluttier as you progress their stories.

If you want a management game you should play this.
  2. 4.00 star(s)

AMRFTY

Two words - Story mode.

Mystwood Manor was my second AVN and Faerin game. It's different from Man Of The House and for that part - comes with it's own strengths and shortcomings. I went about 80% on the normale mode, then succumbed and went for story mode. Glad I did, the grind was too much for my tastes. Two words - Story mode.

STORY
    Being a light-fantasy story, Mystwood draws you in on a premise of running a mythical hotel. You'll be the boss of a growing crew of capable women, all who try their best to help make the hotel a great place. Upon growing the hotel, you'll find supernatural things are happening around you - guests are acting weird and strange things start to happen. It never really fully explains itself, but you get the gist of what actually happens in all of Mystwood. There's a myth of three sisters hoping for the validation of their mother and that's basically where all the crazy stuff originates.

In the end, the story wraps up into somewhat of a mystery which I won't further spoil - but the ending does connect to the beginning nicely. If you pay attention to the lore you'll see lots of dots to connect and even secret events that could happen, provided you're curious enough. It's story richer than "Man of the House" was, but you will still have to look for the story happening.

GRAPHICS
    The game has a distinct style and great care was taken into creating a mostly believable environment. The women and guests are about as realistic as they can be, often interacting with each other and showing their unique personalities. Some encounters are standard, but the game shines when the personality of a girl makes for a totally unique interaction you couldn't have with anyone else. That happens a lot in this game. Kay has to by far be my favorite for just being such a braveheart.

There is so much in this game in terms of variety (multiple types and races of women, various styles of kinks and ways to switch between subjects) that it's easy to get lost. Plus the grind will take you a long time, even on story mode. But eventually, the careful way Faerin creates the intimatie scenes is reason enough to keep playing through the grind. The hotel looks great, menu's are pretty clear and you'll be drooling for more content in no time.

GAMEPLAY
    You'll be a hotel manager while also trying to be a detective and fuck some women on the side. There is A LOT of managing going on in this game - figure out which girl works best in what room and what rooms are needed for which guests - so don't expect going into this for a wank and being done. This is Hotel Simcity with sex attached.

This wall of grinding drops the game one full poiny for me, because having this much grind actually doesn't do anything for the story in game - it just blocks me as a player. My recommendation is story mode and having a fun time, even if that means you're missing out on two parts of short bonus content. The second bonus is really nice, but it's worth losing the grind for.

OVERALL
    If you are looking for sexual arousal around every corner, steer clear. This game will not play itself and it asks you to ease into the sexual content. When you get there however, it does get interesting. But it might be too little too late for most people. This is not a game about sex, this is a game with some sex scenes. Plus, spoiler alert, you won't be able to mess with the antagonist. Lord knows she needs a good fuck!

4/5
  3. 5.00 star(s)

kino33

Solid game solid story
    I would have appreciated a more in depth harem ending but beggars cant be choosers. The art is very detailed and feels consistent through out the game. My only real complaint would be the grind of earning reputation.
  4. 2.00 star(s)

-FibaG-

Awful mechanics to tell a story...it take more time to grind for the events than to follow a story I feel so disconnect with this story of the game because of grind you need to take so much time just to have 1 scene of the "story".

In my opinion this is a downgrade game from faerin...the previous one was a bit more better still also that one have the cancer of grind mechanic but is not that evasive to disconnect the story.

Conclusion is not worth you time to grind for every 1 scene of each girl...In my opinion the premise story was good but it implementing badly with cancer mechanic gameplay grind, the real score it would be for me 2 star don't deserver more.
  5. 4.00 star(s)

NightLux

First, let's talk about what its good.

For me, the first thing that stands out is the variety of the models and how good the skin looks on each. There's a variety of different types (blondes, redhead, hispanic, asian, etc) and the only thing I would have liked is to have had an ebony character, but that's a nitpick.

The other good thing, surprisingly, was the story. I don't expect much but this was well done and well written. There isn't much humor but there are some twists I didn't quite expect and I did feel a bit connected to it.

That said, there's one glaring problem that kept this from being five stars - the grind. I get its a management game, but holy hell do you get stuck haivng to grind in order to continue your progress. I finally broke down and got the cheat after I got all the guests to VIP status and just forced it to the next level.

But all in all, its a wonderful game. Highly recommend.
  6. 4.00 star(s)

sixpo2

This game is really good. Too bad, there is more of nonsexual managing stuff (it would be fine, if it would be in balance with a sexual stuff). Small issues with: strange facial expression of some characters, absence of more stuff with more revealing clothes, slow animations.
    Graphics: 4/5
    Renders: 4/5
    Hot female: 4/5
    Fetish: 3/5
    Clothes&Lingerie: 4/5
    Animations: 3/5
    Story: 4/5
    Gameflow: 4/5
    Amount of content: 3/5
  7. 5.00 star(s)

namhoang909

The following review is based on my opinion, it may contain spoil, though I will try not to.

The bad (what I don't like):
    • It has an end game, to be more specific, I like open or sand-box(I think that's what it's called) where you can continue playing like "Man of the house", after watching the end and event still trigger as you visit the right places, in this game when you choose to watch the end, you would have to reload save to see the other ends, it's a bit inconvenient. A small addition to that, sex scenes with the guests are not repeatable unless you watch it in Guest tab, the same for the scene around the manor unless you visit the staff at night or Staff tab.
    • It has a farming mechanism, while it is possible to skip the farming by checking options in Settings, the game would feel boring as other sex games, but playing as it should be would take a long time, the pace feels especially slow from lv3.
    The good(what I like):
    • There are many girls and different kinds of fetishes, the devs must have seriously tried to satisfy the taste of players with milfs, red-head, blondie, rebellious, and even Lily from "Lily of the Valley", and they are hot.
    • The story itself is very intriguing, at some point blank sex in daily life events would feel boring, the devs have created a bit creepy story, but also interesting, with mystery to solve and clues to investigate.
    Overall I think this game is great, nice story, good renders, many girls, and an interesting mechanism.
    Thank you for making a great game the generous Mode/Donor for uploading it here.
  8. 3.00 star(s)

Kaintfm

Mystwood Manor was an odd experience for me. I initially intended to write a one-star review, expressing just how tedious it was to go through the hotel management system for hours on end with a painfully slow progression and no rewards in sight. I even went so far as to delete the game in frustration when I attempted to start a Story Mode playthrough and it repeatedly crashed before I could finish the tutorial.

After some thought, I realized that part of the problem was the trackpad/keyboard combination I was using which made the hotel management more tedious that it would have been with a traditional keyboard and mouse, and that I enjoyed the hotel management mini-games even without any adult content, so I went ahead and reinstalled the game on a different computer with the classic keyboard/mouse setup and found that it was quite enjoyable. Enough for a two star review, pointing out that while the gameplay was enjoyable, it was a complete failure as an adult visual novel due to the tediously slow build-up with no real payoff until you’re 6 – 10 hours into the hotel management simulation.

So why a three star review? Well, because the buildup did finally pay off, and while I can levy plenty of criticisms at the game’s design (and I will below), the sudden cavalcade of adult content was reasonably well done for an older game with smooth animations accompanied by good writing, with a buildup that you look back on and say, “Yeah, I earned that.”

The biggest criticism I have for the game is the disconnect between the adult content and the hotel management simulation. While in other visual novels you’ll have scenes building up to a payoff, in Mystwood Manor you’ll be spending most of your time deciding which job you want to put which character in to take care of guests visiting your hotel. While not boring and actually quite fun on its own, it was probably the least sexy thing I could imagine adding to an adult visual novel. The hotel management also goes on far too long and could have been toned down so that it only took a few hours to begin seeing something beyond PG-13 content.

Another issue comes from the adult content being done in stages with an explanation of what needs to be done to unlock the next scene buried inside a few submenus. Most of these will happen organically or by accident while you’re managing the hotel while others are specific enough that you might need to check. There’s also an annoying and pointless gateway before you can move up a tier, requiring you to click on a newly unlocked outfit before the next tier opens up. Because this unlock is hidden behind several submenus, if you’re not paying close attention to how many events you’ve done for a character leading to their outfit being unlocked, you may end up finding a character still in the early tiers because you didn’t notice or had forgotten to periodically check to see if their next outfit has opened up. For me, my hotel was nearly maxed out before I noticed this “feature” which was quite frustrating.

Furthermore, the progression is too predictable. Often times in visual novels there will be one or two “sluttier” characters which allow for earlier adult content while other characters will have slower, more romantic progressions. This allows for the adult content to be spread evenly throughout the playtime with a mix of both short-term and long-term rewards. This is not the route chosen by the author of Mystwood Manor who decided to lock all of the adult content in the fourth and fifth tier for every character.

As for the story? It was fine. My standards aren’t very high for visual novels and I don’t go in expecting Shakespeare, so the murder mystery fantasy story was enjoyable enough. Sadly, the hotel management system ruins the pacing of the story. There are significant spans of time in-between story elements due to the need to advance the hotel to the next tier before the story continues. This could have been helped by, again, raising the payouts so that the hotel levels up two, maybe three times faster.

So what about the adult content? Once you get there, it’s surprisingly good. Not at the level of the most popular titles on F95, but it worked quite well and had strong writing and 60fps animations throughout. There’s also a decent amount of group content once you’ve wooed most of the hotel staff with some threesomes sprinkled through the fifth tier. It would have been more rewarding if it didn’t take 10 hours of hotel management to get there, but after finishing the game I can no longer say that it fails as an adult visual novel. It’s flawed, and the flaws are frustrating, but at least the hotel management grind was fun on its own even if it did feel like I was playing two different games.

Would I recommend it? Your mileage may vary. If your initial impression of the hotel management simulation is that it’s not your cup of tea, I would abandon ship quickly as there’s far more of that then there is of anything else. If you enjoy the hotel management simulation and don’t mind playing it for 8 – 10 hours until the end-game adult content starts to unlock, then it’s worth a playthrough. There are both positives and negatives to having the adult content unlock for every character around the same time, so as I said your mileage may vary. I look forward to the authors next project where hopefully he’s taken these criticisms to heart as I know other reviewers brought them up before I did.
  9. 5.00 star(s)

xa0

Mystwood Manor is kind of a mixed genre game. Basically it's a hotel management game combined with visual novel and some sandbox elements.

PROS:
    + Really nice but unfortunately short plot with some Twin Peaks vibe in it. We have mysteries, bit of crime story, paranormal activities... Game lore even explains why all the girls are so horny and willing to have sex with MC (something most games skip).
    + Beautiful and sexy girls shown on good quality pictures and animations with close-up shots. Someone may even complain that they're almost too perfect and cute to the point where it's unreal.
    + Nice background music. Rest of audio is also ok even if all the girls use exactly same set of few moans.
    + Really well made interface, graphics and all management stuff. Game is simple but still can be bit challenging and at the same time not too grindy. There are even cheats and limited pure story mode for lazy ones. UI is animated and whole system works smoothly without bugs or crashes. This is solid peace of game when it comes to quality aspect.
    + Different game languages and 3 possible endings.

CONS:
    - We have only one yet important issue here... Why such a detailed and really good made game have such limited content when it comes to interactions with girls? Yea sure we have a lots of scenes with each one but 2/3 of them are simple and short chatting. There's so much wasted potential. Like every time of day we have opportunity to explore whole bunch of locations or check crew/visitors. And 90% of this actions are placeholders with no effect - something happens only if certain action is required to progress through one of story chains. Instead there could be some random events, quickies in work places, spying/touching/creeping on night time, more interactive bed scenes with choices. But... No. While adult content has very good quality it's sadly limited to rather short kinetic novel chains and few repeatable pop-ups. All we can do is see them again in gallery mode.

So is this a good game? Well let's put this together. Game is progressed through separate kinetic novel story chains (nice and well made but short). Some are interactions with certain characters other are MC doing his exploring or investigations. But in order to access certain story points some things should be done like being at the right place on the right time and meeting requirements from hotel development or other story chains. Most of the time however game focuses purely on hotel running.

So... If you are looking for nice and simple hotel management simulator with mystery and sexy-romance plot additions this is really great game to play. But if you want fap game with lots of sex scenes all the time better look for something different. Personally I can recomend it.
  10. 5.00 star(s)

Chaussettes

I don't really want to do a very deep review, others have done it already.

Just wanted to leave my mark because I loved the game. I loved the obvious passion it was developped with, I loved the girls, the story, the pace (rarer and rarer quality), the gameplay.

I loved the corruption and transformation of the girls, I loved the way we could choose their outfits and the progression of these outfits.

It's just a great adult game all around, gameplay is engaging and fun and there's really not much things I would have to have seen modified.

Solid AF and great hopes for the next game.
  11. 5.00 star(s)

omgimnsfw

Really more of a 4.5/5, but since we can't do half stars decided to round up.

The management/gameplay aspect is actually moderately fun, though there is a "Story" mode if you want to skip all that noise (or just make use of the cheats instead, since some bonus smut is only available in the Normal mode).

Plot is fine, renders are good, and a decent variety of personalities among the characters. If the concept and genre tags are appealing at all to you, this will probably be worth your time.
  12. 5.00 star(s)

Forgaman

There is a lot to love in this game, honestly one of the greatest in the genre.

Short review: Amazing CGs, interesting premise/gameplay, shallow corruption, hope you like grinding, buckle up for a long tutorial.

I just 100%d this game today, and I honestly don't feel my time was wasted. There's plenty of aspects that this game absolutely nails, far beyond what pure happenstance would accomplish. This is made by someone who knew what they were doing and had a vision to finish it just as strong as it began.

Praise --

I found this by looking at corruption sims, and boy does this deliver. You begin running a hotel with scant few harem members to help, and they're not particularly interested in the MC. Circumstances change this over time, along with clever use of fantasy elements.

The girls are a treat to look at, with very little to complain about in the looks department. Each of them has their own "brand" that they inhabit, which do cross over from time to time. The guests that visit your hotel are also fun to look at, either as humorous charicatures or additional eye candy. A lot of care was taken to visually set this game apart, and it shows. The models are well done, well lit, and mostly well posed. There's also something to be said for the menus all being meticulously designed and animated, too.

Managing the hotel is an interesting game mechanic. Choosing when to bench certain girls or making sure you don't bite off more than you can chew with higher level patrons is a must, which helps to make the pacing of the game more believable.

Middle of the road --

The game has sections of town you can visit and interact with, but for the most part it's on a quest by quest basis. Don't expect a free world to explore, until the very end of the game when there's a scavenger hunt. I didn't come expecting that, so I wasn't miffed by it.

Sound is pretty hit or miss. I can see the creator wanted to fully flesh out the soundscape of the menus, but that lead to a lot of repeated sound effects. It is what it is.

Room for Improvement --

This game wants you to spend a lot of time on it to get to the endings. I understand that. I unfortunately reached a point where there was no challenge left in managing the sim and was using an autoclicker just to speed up scenes. All the menus and animations are very pretty, but one day cycle can be anywhere from 10 seconds at best, to 2 minutes at worst. By the time the calendar hits day 60, you'll be hunting for ways to speed things up*.

As is the case for most of these adult games, each girl hits a wall of attraction where they're just begging for excuses to sleep with you. I get it as a culmination of moving forward with each girl, but there's no teasing or mystery once you've slept with any of the girls. They're happy to be yours at the drop of a dime with no conjecture or confusion or way to heighten the experience. I really dislike when sex becomes a checklist and this game unfortunately doesn't avoid that issue.

The tarot card mechanic sucks, to put it plainly. There's an implication that using more destiny points will give better chances for higher rarity cards, but it turns out all the rewards are tiered. You can't get level 3 cards with a level 1 offering, nor can you get a level 1 card with a level 3 offering. It doesn't feel great, especially in hindsight that rerolls for the best cards are so plentiful and the bonuses so minor.

Conclusion --

Do recommend to anyone who is second guessing. Just because there are some ways that this game could be improved doesn't keep it from being one of the best I've ever played. Props to the dev!

*Pro tip: Turn off all menu animations and hit the skip button twice to move through interactions at double speed.
  13. 5.00 star(s)

nicod

still playing the game ( in progress ) but so far
    positives
    + deep management gameplay ( that is purposeful )
    + amazing so amazing render and graphics
    + amazing storyline and attractive models ( specially the mother )
    + finally a game with a mother that looks really old and attractive ( both )
    + nice atmosphere of the game ( really attracted me )
  14. 4.00 star(s)

Ditzlover

I liked that it merged a VN style game with a hotel management one. They do offer a story mode if you want to just stick to the VN however they also offer cheats in the regular game mode. Those cheats will make it super easy.

Pros:
    Variation in models.
    Good dialogue.
    High quality renders.
    Good animations.
    Very good story.
    Very easy to follow along in what to do next.
    Somewhat diverse characters.
    Good ramp up to difficulties/ challenges.

Cons:
    IMO I don't like that you're forced a bit into Incest.
    More variation in music would've been nice, whenever there would be a night scene the same song is played. But the song is weird when you're getting sexy time with one of your girls.
  15. 4.00 star(s)

elementary_scion

A pretty good attempt at merging management with a sort-of-VN. Recommend trying it out.

I appreciated the nice variation in the character models, which is a contrast to many other games.

The render quality is quite high, and the model quality is as well. Animations were fairly good too.

I found that the beginning of the game had relatively few events, perhaps it's because you have to manually unlock the next "stage" for each character. I forgot about this and so everything was management. The management part itself is fairly well thought out, although it does get unbalanced to some extent towards the end. And at the same time I had loads of events pouring in. It sometimes feels like two completely separate games.

The storyline is decent, and dialogue is pretty well written. There are some weird times where certain acts are available at night when you haven't done it in the story yet.
  16. 5.00 star(s)

Yolomon

Great game. The renders look amazing and the animated scenes were a nice touch. The plot was also interesting and fun to follow. The hotel management system was also incredibly made. I did not encounter any sorts of bugs or irritations throughout it. Faerins first game was also a gem and it is nice to see that the standards continue in this game as well. The game did get a bit time-consuming when raising the VIP levels of the guests but that adds to the challenge. I'm looking forward to his next project. 10/10.
  17. 5.00 star(s)

LordCorwin

Writing: 8/10
    Imagery: 9/10
    Gameplay:8/10
    Kinks: 6/10
    Overall: 8/10

All work and no sex makes Jack a dull lad.

Thanks to your old man biting the big one in a very suspicious circumstance, and then visiting you in a dream, you are now the sole proprietor of a up and coming hotel for the rich, famous, and extravagant. Famous authors, pompous celeberties, sexy widows, and more. You hire on both friends and family, including your hot mom, your bratty sister, her slutty best friend, a quirky mechanic, a Chinese bodyguard, and a sultry nurse among others.

Managing your hotel is really easy, you set hired help to a specific room, new guests will have an event where you need to correctly guess what they want (previous guests skip the event), upgrade rooms with cash or expand the hotel when you reach certain levels prestige. The upgrades and expansions are hilarious, with a 4th wall breaking handyman doing all the work.

As you work events will open for both guests and employees, you can check them out to earn side-story stuff, leading to sexy time moments or humor. There's something haunting and strange about the place too, so it can also be a little creepy too. Seeing to guests and making them happy will also earn you a unique currency to spend on gatcha, earning perks you can assign to the staff and yourself. Even here, gatcha continues to follow me.

As your hotel becomes more grand and you entertain more and more important guests, you'll progress the story, which can be dark, sexy, and a bit of a blue balls move. Kinda wanted to bang the old lady who runs the ritzy hotel, big GILF energy right there and you'd think she'd be grateful for the help we eventually give. Now depending on how many of your employees you have maxed out in the relationship category, you can unlock different endings. Of course the only ending for an ultra chad like me, was the harem ending, banging all your hot female staff and creating a new generation to argue who will inherit the hotel later on.

Overall, great renders, fun story, very teasing (to a blue balling level), interesting game mechanics, but felt more like a game than a good jerk opportunity.
  18. 3.00 star(s)

GoodGamesMakeMeSadAtEnd

was excited to play since the dev made man of the house, but looks like he focused on things that dont really matter (for me), the girls are pretty the hotel is cool but i'm not playing to run a hotel, where is the romance? corruption? taboo? you interact with a lot of girls but all of them is just casual sex, you spy and flirt and them... boom handjob, julia is obviously supposed to be your mom she is conflicted about sexual toughts for you but after sometime she don't see any problems in having sex , also guests like karen, what is the point? just wasting time because there is no content with her
  19. 5.00 star(s)

Chependark

The story was better than I expected. The gameplay was excellent, and the management aspect was well done. A bit grindy, but not too much. The renders and animations are excellent, and the scenes are not too over the top, which is fine. Music and sounds are also great. It is a great now at its current, supposedly completed state, but if the developer ever decides to add more scenes, costumes, idle animations, character interactions, and more voice acting, it would definitely be one of, if not, the best.
  20. 4.00 star(s)

Gintlar

Mystwood Manor [v1.1.0 Hotfix] [Faerin]
    A beautiful game!

Does the game have any negative factors? Yes! But I can turn a blind eye (not two) to how much I enjoyed it.

Characters: Unfortunately it is understood that the last unlockable characters are inferior to the first ones.
    Let's say that from Julia to Laura the characters are excellent, they have remained well in my mind.
    Mediocre Annika and Hana. I remember the game, but after a few weeks after finishing the game, these 2 characters are not etched in my memory. Doing other runs, these 2 characters come back to my mind though.
    Then there's the one from the Club, impossible to remember, every time it unlocks you wonder who it she.

Cards and skills not all useful. At first I thought unlocking each character's third equip slot would be helpful, but it's the most useless feature in the game.

The game has good management, perhaps a little too much grind for the completionists (all cards, all skills maxed, all objects, rooms maxed, etc.). Ok, there are integrated cheats, which is certainly a good thing, but without it, the game remains very repetitive.

The story is nice, with just the right amount of mystery.
    The scenes are few, but very beautiful (not all, some close-ups of certain faces are creepy, a defect that I also found in "Man of the house").

Having said that, I recommend the game.