Leonard Hamby

Apr 9, 2023
So.. Last update was like June 2023. With what I can surmise from the Patreon page it appears the next update is well on it's way to completion? Maybe? Wood B kinda nice to know for sure. I quite enjoyed this funny game so far. Hope to see more and continuation soon!

Reactions: CypherR and dod1958

Blernblern

Nov 19, 2018
So.. Last update was like June 2023. With what I can surmise from the Patreon page it appears the next update is well on it's way to completion? Maybe? Wood B kinda nice to know for sure. I quite enjoyed this funny game so far. Hope to see more and continuation soon!
The dev made a remaster of his first game Personal Trainer and released it on Steam so that's why development was on hold. In any case I think Dom's sense of humour is right up my alley and I can't wait for new releases.

EDIT: Typos

Last edited:

SonsOfLiberty

Post Pro
Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
Dev Talk - Gathering of Degenerates

August 25

So this dev cycle was interesting. Development wise, nothing notable or out of the ordinary happened. On the personal side of things, there were some interesting days. I originally planned to spend a few days with my family somewhere nice and quiet in the mountains for my birthday at the end of the month. of City of Broken Dreamers decided to visit Germany. So I drove up to Cologne to meet him and sexy teddy bear OZ. It was a real gathering of degenerates but that was a nice way to spend a couple of days. That does mean that instead I'll be working on my birthday but that's ok.

Had a few sick days but cheered myself up by buying myself a bday present. Was originally planning on buying a new phone to take a million pics of my cute chubby baby. The most expensive phone I've owned in the past decade has been $350 lol. I then realized that maybe a dedicated camera would better fill that purpose while also aiding in developing my eye for composition and general photography knowledge. Worst case scenario at least I can snap some stock photos for misc in-game assets. So another year rocking my $290 pos phone but at least I have a camera now. One step closer to becoming a hipster, all according to plan.

That's the thing about being a one man show, even your leisure activity needs to somehow relate to work or otherwise you feel like you're falling behind.

Cheers,
Dom

Candy Suxx

Oct 11, 2019
Dev Talk - Gathering of Degenerates

August 25

So this dev cycle was interesting. Development wise, nothing notable or out of the ordinary happened. On the personal side of things, there were some interesting days. I originally planned to spend a few days with my family somewhere nice and quiet in the mountains for my birthday at the end of the month. of City of Broken Dreamers decided to visit Germany. So I drove up to Cologne to meet him and sexy teddy bear OZ. It was a real gathering of degenerates but that was a nice way to spend a couple of days. That does mean that instead I'll be working on my birthday but that's ok.

Had a few sick days but cheered myself up by buying myself a bday present. Was originally planning on buying a new phone to take a million pics of my cute chubby baby. The most expensive phone I've owned in the past decade has been $350 lol. I then realized that maybe a dedicated camera would better fill that purpose while also aiding in developing my eye for composition and general photography knowledge. Worst case scenario at least I can snap some stock photos for misc in-game assets. So another year rocking my $290 pos phone but at least I have a camera now. One step closer to becoming a hipster, all according to plan.

That's the thing about being a one man show, even your leisure activity needs to somehow relate to work or otherwise you feel like you're falling behind.

Cheers,
Dom
In short : 2025

SonsOfLiberty

Post Pro
Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
In the last Dev Talk, I was discussing exploring options of better incorporating player choices without derailing the main story or getting bogged down with multiple story branches. I'm happy to announce that this seems to be going well. I had began incorporating "Canvas", which is a feature in my notetaking/central-brain app . It's much easier to keep track of choices and interactions without losing sight of the overall story. This means that I'm able to provide variations without derailing the story, but also be able to implement small callbacks to prior decisions without too much effort.

devtalk1.jpg

The beauty of Canvas, and Obsidian in general, is that everything can be linked. All backlinks are also automatically updated upon change. In the example above, not only do we have a typical flowchart of choices, but each one can contain a link that opens to relevant information. You can pretty much have an inception of notes/canvas linking to each other forever, making writing and planning so much easier.

I've went back and implemented Canvas to map out all of the existing notes and events for the entire story and now have a good estimate of how many episodes are required to reach the end. Once again I will mention that this isn't a multiple ending type game, but there has been feedback of player choice and immersion feeling limited, and this is something that I can agree with and definitely improve.

Production wise, the writing and renders for the second half of chapter 4 is almost complete. Once that's done, I'll revisit the events in chapter 5 and adjust the events to have more choices wherever appropriate.

As a side note, I'm kind of thrilled about the timing of this course which was just released the other day. I use a Blender to Davinci exr workflow for post-processing and this course addresses exactly what I'm doing. Despite working this way for a couple of years now, I already learned quite enough to make the recommended price well worth it. This is probably not something interesting to talk about but I'm pretty damn giddy about it.

Cheers,
Dom

4.60 star(s) 127 Votes