Ren'Py Finding Cloud 9 [v0.5.1] [Onyx Decadence]

4.10 star(s) 14 Votes

sakuyas_mmaster

Feb 12, 2018
Nice game. I wonder though, can you pursue multiple girls without problems? Or will have have to chose between them?

Tallion

Nov 3, 2017
Yeah, start new game? F*ck no, it'd take hours to skip all that content...you have to check the time and place for most tasks and advancing time is a real f*cking cancer. You have to go to the house, click the door, 1 arrow left and 1 arrow down and then click the bed. It's a real waste of time.

Ozygator

Engaged Member
Donor
Oct 15, 2016
Patreon doesn't allow Incest. They also check F95. If someone, not affiliated with me or my project decides to make one, that's their choice. I hope you understand. :)
Allow the player to set the relationship and just write accordingly using the 'relationship name' equals X variable in the code. Sure it might be clonky depending on what someone enters, but usually well written stories can do with whatever the relationship is called.

Ozygator

Engaged Member
Donor
Oct 15, 2016
Well, a harem path for me is where the MC is written to be, or develops into becoming the full man package. The handsome, fit alpha-semi dom guy, who displays attractive confidence (and who is not a moron with a small D). Which turns heads and melts the hearts of the love interests he's already has a relationship with (family and best friends), or he chooses to meet. MC is now the man of the house, so that could of been the starting point for the family dynamic. As he already came to the defense of the family chef, where she was going to be exploited (establishes hero mode).

With MC's many attractive qualities to boot, it makes him unique from other men in the eyes of his potential love interest. This would be the foundation where he becomes the focal point of their love and desires. (My Dorm is a good example of a harem path, where MC's family and friends end up desiring him.)

As well the girls that further develop their romantic interest in the MC, eventually become fully aware of the interest of others...and is dependent on the primary girls attitude (mother-wife, cuck queen, matriarch...what ever you want to label her), she sets the tone...and if written right, all would be welcomed in sharing his love and attention. And they desire only him first, not each other...as that would become a polly / lesbian relationship. (It could become a players choice to enable that type of FF interaction, but MC should be established first).

That is how I see a harem path happen.

Regards.
You had it till the end.

The women *can* desire each other but they won't be off faffinf each other unless the MC approves. If he approves then they can do whatever, whenever but no other person would take the emotional lead away from the MC. That doesn't make it 'poly' anymore than a single dude having 2+ women he's involved with does. Yes, the MC would be the alpha but the women would want to please him, and if that means he wants to watch them do each other, or have more than one join him that's *still* a harem.

UnoriginalUserName

Engaged Member
Sep 3, 2017
Onyx Decadence

Having a "Skip Time" button is one hell of an improvement to having to go all the way back to the MC's bedroom, so well done there. (y)

I have to ask though, is there any real point to having a city map if you can't actually do anything at any of the locations until an event is loaded to trigger? And when it is, you may as well just click the icon on the right side of the screen since it bypasses having to open the map and look for the one you want there.

I guess it adds to player immersion, but...eh...

Now of course this would change if there are plans for activities at certain locations. Going to the strip club for stripper action, visiting a girl you've been pursuing for some super hot handholding and sandwiches, that sort of thing.

Onyx Decadence

Game Developer
Nov 18, 2023
Onyx Decadence

Having a "Skip Time" button is one hell of an improvement to having to go all the way back to the MC's bedroom, so well done there. (y)

I have to ask though, is there any real point to having a city map if you can't actually do anything at any of the locations until an event is loaded to trigger? And when it is, you may as well just click the icon on the right side of the screen since it bypasses having to open the map and look for the one you want there.

I guess it adds to player immersion, but...eh...

Now of course this would change if there are plans for activities at certain locations. Going to the strip club for stripper action, visiting a girl you've been pursuing for some super hot handholding and sandwiches, that sort of thing.
Hey! Thanks :) V0.5.1 was a rework of several things and addition of others, like the skip-time button and quick quest access, and that kind of extended my development time for EP5. If it had gone faster I would have added more things to free roam.

Free-roam is there to add the possibility to find collectible phone backgrounds, wallpapers (Possibly for MC's room) and secret events that are not related to the Main quests or side quests. That all will be optional only for people who want to play with the sandbox element. For those who don't I implemented the quick quest menu on the side.

There will be at least one secret event as well as a few phone backgrounds to find in EP 6.

Also you said it in the last part about activities, actually a good recommendation, thanks. :)

Reactions: UnoriginalUserName

buktccbfc71

Engaged Member
Dec 30, 2020
Finding Cloud 9 Cheat Mod

Info: I don't know coding, I used the Cheat Mod that laikdink made for another game and just changed the variables that the mod will change.

Info 2: The mod only changes the variables related to the MC's statistics and not other characters, the statistics are for example: Charisma, money and intellect.

Info 3: To add the mod, simply extract the game.7z file into the game folder. The only file that will be replaced is "screens.rpy" (make sure to extract the RPA if it is in the version you are playing) Compressed or uncompressed.​
1726956478093.png ...should this be removed from the game? :unsure:

Assman_6969

Dec 6, 2020
Honestly, don't know what you're on about. I'm curious what you'd expect?
It's more than specifically stated there. Take 5/10 mins of your time to read or re-read the post, and you'll see what I found wrong about the MC, not the story itself.
I am one of the many who would agree with all you said and not just about this mc but the majority of most of the choices in games to download and play. I don't know how it can be said or put much better! I really think it is ALL ABOUT WHERE YOU ARE FROM AND COME FROM AND THE SO CALLED CLICKS YOU ACTUALLY DO KICK IT WITH AND NOT THE ONES YOU WISH YOU COULD HAVE AND TRY TO THINK HOW THEY ARE OR HANDLE THINGS LIKE YOU CAUSE I PROMISE IF YOU THINK, JUST STOP CAUSE YOU ARE ALREADY WRONG!

AND BEFORE I GET BLASTED MY CAPS LOCK IS FUCKED SO I AM NOT YELLING! LOL

THEN IT IS SO MUCH MORE CLEAR WHO CAN RELATE TO THIS COMMENT YOU MADE AND THEN THERE IS ALL THE ONES CLUELESS TO THE EXPLANATIONS GIVEN THAT IF YOU HAVE NOT LIVED IT YOU CANNOT RELATE ORR SEE WHY A MC IS A WIMPY DOUCHE. TALKING TO WOMEN IS NOT HARD IN ANYWAY AND HAVING CONFIDENCE DOING SO IS NOT SOMETHING YOU THINK ON YOU JUST TALK . JUST AS YOU TALK TO THE NEXT PERSON! YA CAN'T PUT THE PUSSY ON A PEDESTAL BRUH! IT IS JUST PUSSY, IF YOU SWING AND MISS GUESS WHAT THERE IS MILLIONS MORE TO TAKE A SWING AT! ALWAYS BE YOU AND FUCK HER OR ANYONE IF THEY DON'T GET YA THEY CAN FUCK OFF AND YOU KEEP IT MOVING! DON'T GET HUNG UP ON WHY OR WHAT FUCKEM

FYI
JUST A LITTLE PREVIEW ON HOW TO HANDLE A MC IN A GAME TRY PLAYING KARLSSON'S GAMBIT AND THEN USE WALKTHROUGH IT WILL OPEN YOUR EYES QUICKER THAN ANYTHING LOL!
Astrja_SnowStorm_sig.gif Olivia_KG_sig.gif

Reactions: xXwankerXx

DarkRoyal

Oct 24, 2023
Where to begin with all of this ? I am not American either I am English by birth and upbringing and proud of it. But I lived dated and fathered children in the US. I am not Giga Chad or fabulously wealthy or so good looking that just walking by a mirror I fell in love with myself or expected every woman I see to do it either. I dated and had relationships with numerous attractive women, more than people would ever believe. Even living and sharing a bed with three women at the same time for nearly two years.

While it's true in my experience that a lot of women do like a confident man, one who isn't afraid to shoot his shot. They also appreciate emotional and general intelligence, Someone who is kind and shows he isn't afraid to step up and do what's needed when times are tough. But what experience did teach me is, with a certain type of woman is they want what someone else has. If they see a "successful" guy someone who for whatever reason attracts women they are more likely to find that guy attractive too. They will actively go out of their way to try and steal that guy or in the right situation be willing to share him.

It's also true that some women will friend zone a guy before they even really give them a chance. it that happens it can take something massive to make them re-evaluate that decision if they ever do.

I am an older gamer with kids yes I will admit even very young grandkids in a a settled long term relationship and I am so damn grateful that I am not dating in this day and age.

The point I am trying to make is how we view what the creator is trying to do is going to be viewed through the lens of our own experiences and these can be very different from person to person in the same generation let alone people from different generations.

If you don't like the story that Onyx Decadence is telling that's your right and you can express your preference. However you should respect it's HIS story and he can tell it however he chooses to do so. Hopefully you can just accept his choice and move on. If you can't respect his choices then maybe you should think about if this story is really something you want to invest in.

4.10 star(s) 14 Votes