raganrok246

Feb 5, 2020

Hello, fellow citizens of Dark Magic.
To show my deep gratitude, I want to ensure everyone knows how updates will be rolled out moving forward. Here’s the plan:
  • Public Version Update: On the 1st of each month, everyone will receive the latest game update. This ensures that all of you, our cherished community, can experience the new content and improvements on a regular basis.
  • Patron-Exclusive Content: On the 7th of each month, I will release the next batch of content to my patrons, starting with those in the $10+ tier, followed by the $5+ tier. This staggered release allows me to provide early access as a special thank you for your generous support.
About that...

Deshotta

Oct 4, 2019
I have a bug. Event where Kimiko and Momoko want to draw you doesn't activate. I see quest "Momoko keeps talking to someone inside her room, afternoon". But when I get there, event isn't starting. I'm playing with cheat mod, so it could force some issues.

Ajnc1

Jul 2, 2022
Hi, made a Unofficial Android Port with Brandy's Multi Mods:

Dark Magic 0.18.0 :
Mega / (985 Mo)

If it say "Warning Unknown Developer" you must allow "download from unknown source" in your settings or just install it anyway.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

This unofficial port/version is not released by developer, download at your own risk.

I'm new into this so if you are experiencing some problem please pm me and i will look into it or if you have any idea on how to made my ports better i'm all hears.
Hello, i think your port is bugged, you cant start the game, but you can download save file and with it is the gallery. But you cant start a new game.

Ashira13

Jan 31, 2024
Hello, i think your port is bugged, you cant start the game, but you can download save file and with it is the gallery. But you cant start a new game.
i am not able to test android ports myself, but i believe that it has to be compiled in the same version of renpy as the original distribution :) tell me if i am wrong though. pretty new with renpy and python.

Yopi Tsuki

Mar 30, 2020
Didn't played the game so yeah my bad...
Just tested it on my phone and it show some error that weren't showing on Ren'Py android emulator...
I will delete my post and will re-do it when I get the time.
Sorry for the inconvenience...

i am not able to test android ports myself, but i believe that it has to be compiled in the same version of renpy as the original distribution :) tell me if i am wrong though. pretty new with renpy and python.
You are right and wrong about Ren'Py versions, yes it's probably better to be on the same version but mostly newer can work for older version (exemple : 7.6.3 work for 7.5.3) BUT yes if the game is using an 8.X.X version you can get error if you are porting with 7.X.X.
I'm still new with Ren'Py but I think that's an first thing to know.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Ashira13 and Ajnc1

Joey's Conscience

Sep 28, 2020
Or this one likely. Dev recently became a father, obviously he has his hands full with real life at the moment.
Yeah, there's reason to be skeptical of that. From the post, it seems the baby is already born, which means he has been dealing with the pregnancy for several months. That could have been a solid justification as to why the last update took so long. However, he never mentioned it all that time, radio silence, and AFTER the last update eventually came out, he promised monthly updates, when he must have known he wouldn't have the time if he was going to be a father.

Sure, it's entirely possible that he didn't want to share the news with a bunch of randoms online back then, but now he feels that he has to, thats a possibility. But I still find it odd, that he never mentioned becoming a father while people were asking him if the game was abandoned or not.

F.Lord

~ Dark Magic ~
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 13, 2018
Yeah, there's reason to be skeptical of that. From the post, it seems the baby is already born, which means he has been dealing with the pregnancy for several months. That could have been a solid justification as to why the last update took so long. However, he never mentioned it all that time, radio silence, and AFTER the last update eventually came out, he promised monthly updates, when he must have known he wouldn't have the time if he was going to be a father.

Sure, it's entirely possible that he didn't want to share the news with a bunch of randoms online back then, but now he feels that he has to, thats a possibility. But I still find it odd, that he never mentioned becoming a father while people were asking him if the game was abandoned or not.
It all happened at once while I was dealing with my mental health challenges back then. I haven’t said much because I felt it was something I needed to handle on my own. I focused on just getting things done, keeping quiet and pushing through. Now, I’m not here to talk my way out of the situation, but to make my stance clear. I’m still here, and I will continue to be. I’m clawing my way back, and all I ask from you is to give me hope for a better future. Dark Magic is my life’s work, and I want it to succeed.

Thank you for your understanding.

Joey's Conscience

Sep 28, 2020
It all happened at once while I was dealing with my mental health challenges back then. I haven’t said much because I felt it was something I needed to handle on my own. I focused on just getting things done, keeping quiet and pushing through. Now, I’m not here to talk my way out of the situation, but to make my stance clear. I’m still here, and I will continue to be. I’m clawing my way back, and all I ask from you is to give me hope for a better future. Dark Magic is my life’s work, and I want it to succeed.

We all want your game to succeed, and I appreciate you taking your time to answer. I'd very much love to see the game keep going strong, and you can deal with whatever challenges you have the best way possible.

However, I hope you understand that those of us who have been here for a while have seen our fair share of promises that never came to be, devs that vanished without a trace, and justifications that seem like they came out of a movie. So we will be skeptical about taking developers words at face value.

Still, from my perspective, even bad news is better than no news. When it comes to your project, people can't know what you don't tell them. You are working on a trust-based system after all, so being transparent, even when the news isn't great, is more trustworthy than leaving people in the dark. Just my 2 cents.

• Red Heart
Reactions: MtV666 and F.Lord

tmu500

Apr 14, 2024

Thank you for the post and take care, :)

4.30 star(s) 109 Votes