3.80 star(s) 44 Votes

-MK-

Aug 24, 2020
Pardon any inaccuracies, it's been a long time since I played but this game doesn't change much so my advice is still accurate on a technical level.

Those enemies have a "damage threshold" mechanic, in the sense that if you hit them with something that doesn't have a high enough "calibur", it will fail to deal damage that will count for a knockout.

The most accessible way to deal damage that counts for a kill is to use the shotgun. As a bonus it will knock giants down, however on low upgrade levels for reload speed, you will only just barely reload in time to be ready to make another shot to stun him, so prioritize upgrading your shotgun reload speed to a functional degree ASAP.

Grenades and RPGs are also functionally capable of dealing killing blows against giants.

I do not remember if rifles were able to count for lethal damage.

My verdict: shotgun shells are valuable. They are your cheapest option for killing these enemies that would otherwise be unstoppable. RPGs are vastly too cumbersome in ammunition and speed to justify, unless you're using Cheat Engine for infinite ammo then have fun exploding the world. You can get by with grenades if you managed to hurt the giant with shotgun shells prior and you ran out of ammo or think reloading is too costly for your time.

However yes, the giants are brutal and the egg-throwing minigame is absolute hell to play and win fairly, because you use gold eggs to stun and kill the giants yet they are also your healing in that mode. I think white eggs are the lowest threshold that can kill giants in that mode but they deal abysmally low damage and have no benefit to stun. So functionally, don't count white eggs and use only gold. That mode will eventually send giants in squads of 3 while you have to headshot them with golden eggs that are thrown slowly and managed with clunky keybinds that might make you accidentally eat the egg you're throwing. Walk in there at your highest level of preparation, with or without Cheat Engine.
the pistol can deal damage if you upgrade it a bit.
the SMG never will. even at full dmg. I've unloaded hundreds of smg rounds into one at full dmg upgrade and all it does is slow it down.
the pistol will kill it after 40 or 50 shots when max dmg
or you can knife it. it takes a while, but the knife always does it's damage. it's just rather low dmg...
the incendiary grenade does a fair bit of damage to it too. bit useless against normal zombies, but 5 or 6 will take out a giant if you let it burn.

Reactions: JustAl

djaxis

Dec 11, 2017
Anything worthwhile added in the R3 version or is it just incremental feature creep like most versions? And by worthwhile i mean sex and etc.

AddictedBud

Aug 31, 2021
Use the cheat engine there is a option for full nude when clothes get destroyed, also the characters feet look really good which is why it baffles me that they decided to keep the boots on when technically being nude
Also for anyone like me who completely dislikes the camera, you can download Universal Unreal Engine 4 Unlocker this injects a dll into the game files which allow you to some of the following things:

Disable HUD
Free Camera
Increase FOV of said camera
Slow down the game
Speed up the game

So for anyone intrested for a more close-up look the good but underwhelming sex scenes this is the program to use.

TheUberstuff

Jul 28, 2020
Also for anyone like me who completely dislikes the camera, you can download Universal Unreal Engine 4 Unlocker this injects a dll into the game files which allow you to some of the following things:

Disable HUD
Free Camera
Slow down the game
Speed up the game

So for anyone intrested for a more close-up look the good but underwhelming sex scenes this is the program to use.

Just curious, how can something be good and underwhelming at the same time?

qktmffp123

Jun 16, 2021

Disable HUD
Free Camera
Slow down the game
Speed up the game

Thank you so much.

Zeroja

Nov 4, 2017
Can anyone explain why, as soon as the game starts, right from the first logo screen, the PC fans start spinning at maximum speed? To prevent my graphics card from melting or my PC from taking off, I had to close the game with alt f4. I tried setting the framerate to 60fps, but the problem persisted.

gamerpro101

Aug 14, 2017
Can anyone explain why, as soon as the game starts, right from the first logo screen, the PC fans start spinning at maximum speed? To prevent my graphics card from melting or my PC from taking off, I had to close the game with alt f4. I tried setting the framerate to 60fps, but the problem persisted.
You can try to under-volt or disable aggressive in power management under power options in control panel.

Zeroja

Nov 4, 2017
You can try to under-volt or disable aggressive in power management under power options in control panel.
Honestly, I had already undervolted the video card (3070 Ti) due to the high temperatures it reached with any game, and I had already properly configured the power management. Currently, this is the only game that gives me this problem.

Luin

Jul 4, 2018
Honestly, I had already undervolted the video card (3070 Ti) due to the high temperatures it reached with any game, and I had already properly configured the power management. Currently, this is the only game that gives me this problem.
Sometimes games don't respect direct FPS limits, but they almost always support VSyncing. You can try to switch the game to basic VSync instead of G-Sync so it will be the same as your monitor refresh rate.

Reactions: Zeroja
3.80 star(s) 44 Votes