Grim

Aug 17, 2016
I hate when 2 NPCs with certain trait/module combinations hook up and become static/untouchable for the rest of the game. In my current game the Evil, Singleminded teacher has hooked up with an NPC that has the Loyal module. With that combination it's impossible for anyone else to hook up with them, or to break them up. The only possibility is if one of them is killed, or if the teacher gets expelled, but there's no direct way to kill them, and neither of them is low virtue, so the chance of them getting caught in public is unlikely.

Monosomething

May 24, 2019
I hate when 2 NPCs with certain trait/module combinations hook up and become static/untouchable for the rest of the game. In my current game the Evil, Singleminded teacher has hooked up with an NPC that has the Loyal module. With that combination it's impossible for anyone else to hook up with them, or to break them up. The only possibility is if one of them is killed, or if the teacher gets expelled, but there's no direct way to kill them, and neither of them is low virtue, so the chance of them getting caught in public is unlikely.
For some reason when seeing my post above yours and yours here, ive had deja vu. The matrix is failing... or it also might be the result of me being sick as a dog since sunday.

I have a few singleminded cards in my deck (4 or so), but i generally avoid putting more than one of them into a game. Its a pain in the ass trying to peel someone off a singleminded character, since the only way in is bad rumors (where the non-singleminded character gets refused enough that they just want to break up). Some of the traits were well thought-out, others not. Singleminded is great, and sucks at the same time. Modules only make it worse.

I mean... i did a test of a singleminded slut being loyal without a single slip up. Sluts aint supposed to be loyal, damn it! Thats what makes them sluts! Its nice having an open minded chick that doesnt mind where she fucks or who is watching, but combined with singleminded is just a little bit too much goofyness.

My advice would be to check modules on certain cards and strip them, if said modules do the same thing traits on that card do, or reinforce it. I get the feeling people dont exactly understand what certain traits do, since ive seen them dump traits on a card that nullify each-other.

Reactions: Grim

Grim

Aug 17, 2016
For some reason when seeing my post above yours and yours here, ive had deja vu. The matrix is failing... or it also might be the result of me being sick as a dog since sunday.

I have a few singleminded cards in my deck (4 or so), but i generally avoid putting more than one of them into a game. Its a pain in the ass trying to peel someone off a singleminded character, since the only way in is bad rumors (where the non-singleminded character gets refused enough that they just want to break up). Some of the traits were well thought-out, others not. Singleminded is great, and sucks at the same time. Modules only make it worse.

I mean... i did a test of a singleminded slut being loyal without a single slip up. Sluts aint supposed to be loyal, damn it! Thats what makes them sluts! Its nice having an open minded chick that doesnt mind where she fucks or who is watching, but combined with singleminded is just a little bit too much goofyness.

My advice would be to check modules on certain cards and strip them, if said modules do the same thing traits on that card do, or reinforce it. I get the feeling people dont exactly understand what certain traits do, since ive seen them dump traits on a card that nullify each-other.
I do inspect/tweak every card that I download, but I've never had a policy concerning Singleminded or similar modules. I may have to rethink that however. Either that, or treat one of them as another murder target, but that challenge only works if there's characters in the class with modules that make that possible, such as Murderous.

I currently don't allow more than one character with the Wild trait in the class because they ask you to skip so much that the PC might as well just drop out of school. It's not as bad with Cooldown limiting them to asking only once per day, but I still don't want 10 different characters asking me each day.

There's also certain modules I will remove, such as Sexually Confused, since that can also lead to characters being untouchable if their orientation shifts all the way to hetero/homo, depending on the PC's gender.

Reactions: Monosomething

Monosomething

May 24, 2019
I currently don't allow more than one character with the Wild trait in the class because they ask you to skip so much that the PC might as well just drop out of school. It's not as bad with Cooldown limiting them to asking only once per day, but I still don't want 10 different characters asking me each day.
Yeah, Wild is one of those traits i also keep away from (and the cards in the deck). Supposedly it gives one some benefits, but it skips through the day, not allowing anything else to be done in one (? or more?) break periods. Do you actually get booted out of school for skipping classes? I think the teacher should - theres even a hint about that. But regular students?

Grim

Aug 17, 2016
Yeah, Wild is one of those traits i also keep away from (and the cards in the deck). Supposedly it gives one some benefits, but it skips through the day, not allowing anything else to be done in one (? or more?) break periods. Do you actually get booted out of school for skipping classes? I think the teacher should - theres even a hint about that. But regular students?
You only skip a single period thankfully. There's a relationship boost with the character you skip with, and they'll sometimes take you to the infirmary to have sex, but I think the same rules apply as having sex in general i.e. they'll only do that if: they're low virtue; normal virtue Sex Friends; or if they're already your lover. Those are the only benefits to it that I'm aware of.

Students won't get kicked out for doing it. They just lose out on the tiny stat increase from attending the class. I've never actually seen a teacher get kicked out for that, but I've also never seen an NPC teacher skip class. I think that only applies if the PC is the teacher.

Reactions: Monosomething

Grim

Aug 17, 2016
Also, is there anyway of stopping your partner from cheating? This girl has been running around trying to mess with everyone.
In an ongoing game there isn't much you can do if your partner is Low/Lowest Virtue. High Virtue characters are less likely to cheat, and Highest Virtue will never cheat. NPCs with the Singleminded trait won't cheat either, as we were just discussing in the posts above this one. There's also the and modules.

If you're looking to make these changes in an ongoing game you'll have to use QtEdit to edit the save, otherwise you'll have edit the character in AA2Edit before you start your next game.

Monosomething

May 24, 2019
and Highest Virtue will never cheat.
A little correction here: highest virtue will not accept another relationship, but they might cheat when presented with an opportunity to compete over someone they have very high love count with. The series of circumstances for this to happen are extremely rare and easy to detect prior to the event.

Reactions: Marika The Chosen
4.70 star(s) 17 Votes