Jul 13, 2022
Zara Scarlet: i don't care if you have insider information or not. But for me it looks like you are are just a zealot defending every move of a dev.
I don't care about the delays themselves. But i care about development and i see none. As i stated before this dev finds every time some arbitrary hurdle to delay the release. So either he is the most unlucky person in the world or it is mere incompetence. In the latter case someone could try to learn form past experience and be more careful about announcing a release.

That is all my own personal observation. I also never stated any hidden agenda meaning milking about the delays on part of the dev. But i think these delays give a bad vibe and things could be handled much better.

Also you should probably read your own posts again and think about how they come across. When you write "we all need to stop..." that is literally meant to shut people up. So don't newspeak me.
We need to learn about his estimate income to make a conclusion.

For example in Innocence or Money game, someone revealed lately that dev makes around 90K usd yearly!! And I was wondering why updates coming so late. Last update came almost 10 months later from previous update. 7-8k usd monthly will make you delay the progress with the sweet taste of money.

If DeepSleep also earns around that sum, its normal.

Usually this is the equation: Higher the Devs earning goes, Lower the amount of update at some point.

doccop63

Oct 16, 2022
So if someone is thinking about making fan art and wants to improve disqualifies him of being able to criticize the dev?
And the rest is just obedient chatter. Another mindless zealot.
Nah, no zealots here dawg and Hardly mindless. AND, if your comprehensive skills were on point, you would understand what I said in my initial post. I'm just tolerant which you and a few others here seem to lack. So fucking what if the man said that the update would come out one time but he ran into a problem and delayed it. The biggest problem that I see with a lot of you here is that, you've had so many bad and crooked devs screw you over that y'all are cynical of ANY dev that doesn't put out when they say it will, regardless of if they, or a member of the team explains the problem or not. You selfishly refuse to take into account that they may have other things going on, bit off a little more than they could chew, or ran into a problem. You want it when They said it and if it's not, then they're milkers or liars. How many times have you told a person that you would do something but you couldn't come through? That would make you a liar too, based on y'all's logic.
Keep in mind, this IS a pirate site and none of these folks are obligated to continue to post their works here. Some could do like artists on Slushe, put out a snippet of content then make you pay for the rest. All you need to do is have patience and saying so doesn't make me or anyone else a zealot, just reasonable, you know, like you'd want someone to be with You.

Reactions: Zara Scarlet

Lac

Jul 2, 2017
Nah, no zealots here dawg and Hardly mindless. AND, if your comprehensive skills were on point, you would understand what I said in my initial post. I'm just tolerant which you and a few others here seem to lack. So fucking what if the man said that the update would come out one time but he ran into a problem and delayed it. The biggest problem that I see with a lot of you here is that, you've had so many bad and crooked devs screw you over that y'all are cynical of ANY dev that doesn't put out when they say it will, regardless of if they, or a member of the team explains the problem or not. You selfishly refuse to take into account that they may have other things going on, bit off a little more than they could chew, or ran into a problem. You want it when They said it and if it's not, then they're milkers or liars. How many times have you told a person that you would do something but you couldn't come through? That would make you a liar too, based on y'all's logic.
Keep in mind, this IS a pirate site and none of these folks are obligated to continue to post their works here. Some could do like artists on Slushe, put out a snippet of content then make you pay for the rest. All you need to do is have patienceannd saying so doesn't make me or anyone elsea zealot, just reasonable, you know, like you'd want someone to be with You.
If there is one (1) delay nobody would care. But here is a clear pattern.

Also more baseless excuses and whataboutism. Thank you for your entertainment.

Lac

Jul 2, 2017
But this is same almost every game out there. In the beginning of the journey, they keep up with the steady updates almost every month. After 2 3 years later if the game is not abandoned and grows, they earn more and more, and updates come in 5 6 month pace.
[zealot glasses on]No no no, the dev improved the quality of the renders and the writing. There will be more animations. And not to speak of the personal circumstances of the dev. He is very sickly and easily depressed, he lives in a war zone and has 42 kids to feed. Also all of his relatives are high-maintenance and die constantly. [zealot glasses off]

Zara Scarlet

Engaged Member
Apr 3, 2022
We need to learn about his estimate income to make a conclusion.

For example in Innocence or Money game, someone revealed lately that dev makes around 90K usd yearly!! And I was wondering why updates coming so late. Last update came almost 10 months later from previous update. 7-8k usd monthly will make you delay the progress with the sweet taste of money.

If DeepSleep also earns around that sum, its normal.

Usually this is the equation: Higher the Devs earning goes, Lower the amount of update at some point.
Well I can tell you he's had 1000-1200 Patrons for the last 6 years. The total goes up and down, because some people only subscribe when an update is released. It's stayed pretty steady throughout that entire period, and updates have been released every 2-3 months , apart from a few occasions when the updates have been longer, or they've had some unexpected issue to deal with, as is the case this time. So whilst it's possible you might be right with some Devs, in the case of Deepsleep, it hasn't made any difference at all.

Also Devs have to work very hard for their money. It's not a 9-5 job you know. They have to work 60-70 hours a week, and when an update is being released, it can be considerably more. And when you start your game, it's a big gamble. You have no idea whether your initial months of hard work for little reward, is going to pay off. The failure rate is extremely high and many Devs give up, because it's soul destroying to put in a ton of effort, not get any reward and then have people trashing your efforts on top of that. So if Devs get to the point, where they've achieved success and are earning a good income. Then I say good on them, because they've almost certainly had to work damn hard to get there.

Zara Scarlet

Engaged Member
Apr 3, 2022
If there is one (1) delay nobody would care. But here is a clear pattern.

Also more baseless excuses and whataboutism. Thank you for your entertainment.
I don't care about the delays themselves.
Seems someone can't make there mind up. But I'll make it real easy for you. The only clear pattern, is that you appear to be somewhat confused. There has only been one delay recently, which is the current one, and that's been adequately explained by the Devs having to redo all the animations in the coming update. This is not a baseless excuse, unless you're happy for them to release the game, with game-breaking bugs? On the other hand, it's really easy to make baseless accusations, without any evidence.

Reactions: pleaseletme
Dec 21, 2019
Seems someone can't make there mind up. But I'll make it real easy for you. The only clear pattern, is that you appear to be somewhat confused. There has only been one delay recently, which is the current one, and that's been adequately explained by the Devs having to redo all the animations in the coming update. This is not a baseless excuse, unless you're happy for them to release the game, with game-breaking bugs? On the other hand, it's really easy to make baseless accusations, without any evidence.
the game still has buses that have never been solved like when you move from one map to another Anna's dress changes. and it's one of the bugs I've encountered since I started playing it a year ago (September 2023). the real problem is that it has been releasing updates for about a year at a distance of many months. For example at the end of January 2024 Anna tells Jeff that they would meet again but not for work... we are in September and still nothing is known about this meeting and in which update there will be

natz23

Jun 11, 2018
Unfortunately, unless you're a patron, the Dev probably isn't listening to you. I know that might sound harsh. But it's just a fact of life. Devs listen more to their patrons. And the Devs who are active on this site and appear to be listening, are generally the ones who don't have a lot of patrons. Once you've established your own sizeable patron community, you spend less and less time on sites like this. It's at least 5 years since Deep last commented on this thread, and I'm not even sure if he even comes here anymore. My guess is, he maybe looks in, immediately after an update is released. But the rest of time, any comments directed at him, are probably not being seen.
True. I don't pay this kind s of games. And since I'm just a free player all I have to do is wait. The manual controls for animations is a good addition but not necessary, that's the only thing I don't really like.

RecklessOG

Dec 25, 2023
True. I don't pay this kind s of games. And since I'm just a free player all I have to do is wait. The manual controls for animations is a good addition but not necessary, that's the only thing I don't really like.
Your opinion is going to get ignored coz you aren't a white knight or as I say(not paying the dev)
Even if you say u don't like it doesn't make a difference
No offence btw

Reactions: natz23

Zara Scarlet

Engaged Member
Apr 3, 2022
the game still has buses that have never been solved like when you move from one map to another Anna's dress changes. and it's one of the bugs I've encountered since I started playing it a year ago (September 2023). the real problem is that it has been releasing updates for about a year at a distance of many months. For example at the end of January 2024 Anna tells Jeff that they would meet again but not for work... we are in September and still nothing is known about this meeting and in which update there will be
Well they're going for a trip into the mountains. So that's almost certainly a weekend date. The coming update is Friday. So it will be either the next (Saturday) or the one after (Sunday).

Lac

Jul 2, 2017
I really didn't wanted to reply further but what the heck:

You are constantly splitting hairs. So there was only one delay recently. Of course when your memory is getting bad you can't think back longer periods. Also recently weren't any updates at all. However i'm talking about all releases in the past.

If you realize major issues with your in this case animations a few hours before your estimated release. Then you should really think about your whole process. This doesn't look to good from the outside.

And then permanently new arguments and excuses who have nothing to do with the case. If there were an animation missing you could mask that very easily and nobody would notice a thing.
But a missing animation is not a gamebreaking bug so this argument is not valid here.
Also it doesn't matter how many patreons someone has.
The argument with constant releases every few months doesn't matter either because it doesn't include any validation for some lame excuses for delays.

But thanks again for dropping some insider news about a release in a week. I'm sure the time comes when you are correct.

Thickgravy49

Jul 24, 2017

You are constantly splitting hairs. So there was only one delay recently. Of course when your memory is getting bad you can't think back longer periods. Also recently weren't any updates at all. However i'm talking about all releases in the past.

If you realize major issues with your in this case animations a few hours before your estimated release. Then you should really think about your whole process. This doesn't look to good from the outside.

And then permanently new arguments and excuses who have nothing to do with the case. If there were an animation missing you could mask that very easily and nobody would notice a thing.
But a missing animation is not a gamebreaking bug so this argument is not valid here.
The argument with constant releases every few months doesn't matter either because it doesn't include any validation for some lame excuses for delays.

But thanks again for dropping some insider news about a release in a week. I'm sure the time comes when you are correct.
Mate, If I were you, I'd do yourself a favour and don't waste your time with that person.
All they see is gold dust constantly dropping out of the dev's arsehole.

I put them on ignore a while back, so I don't have to read their constant lies and white-knighting BS.;)

pandaman4321

Apr 4, 2018

The dev has succeeded in milking those blind zealots :ROFLMAO: i bet he is just making an excuse for another delay and sitting somewhere let his white knight do the talking.

Zara Scarlet

Engaged Member
Apr 3, 2022
The dev has succeeded in milking those blind zealots :ROFLMAO: i bet he is just making an excuse for another delay and sitting somewhere let his white knight do the talking.
You people are absolutely hilarious. Why are you even here, if that's what you believe? Genuine people come here to talk about the game. Whereas, you just seem to want to trash the Dev.

Zara Scarlet

Engaged Member
Apr 3, 2022

There is no pattern of delays, except in your imagination. You keep repeating these blatant lies, but don't provide any evidence for them. Where are the Devs posts to prove your points? No doubt you'll claim you don't have enough time to go and look for them? But you seem to be finding enough time, to constantly spout this BS. Without proof to the contrary, these are just spurious claims, that any reasonable person will ignore out of hand. There have been a handful of occasions out of 36 updates, when the Dev has released, more than a week later than he said he would. And in all cases, there was a valid reason for the delay. If you can prove to the contrary that this is incorrect, then you should do so. Otherwise, you really need to stop making a fool of yourself.

Reactions: doccop63

Lac

Jul 2, 2017
Zara Scarlet: should i let you tempt me to search more than 20k of posts or even on other platforms? No thank you. Given that you claim to have too much time on your hands you could search yourself and prove me wrong. After all now miraculously there are more cases with a delay than just this one.
And yes the effort to claim things is much less than actually researching and presenting substantial evidence. But that doesn't mean or prove that it isn't there.

4.00 star(s) 137 Votes